Any one ever use one? Do they work well?

ThinkGeek :: Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard
    01-22-09 01:35 PM
    Thast preety sweet!
    01-22-09 02:10 PM
    BUMP*

anyone have any comments about this item? thinking about getting for someone for Christmas. 9530 user - os5.328
    12-10-09 02:56 PM
    Cool. Hope someone has input on this.
    12-10-09 08:46 PM
    used to have one a couple of years ago that i used for a week and returned back to Fry's.

simply put, either it or i was inaccurate, resulting in constant typos and no tactile response so touchtyping was out of the question. the big issue is that there are neither physical or visual feedbacks to let you know if you hit a key... you have to watch the screen. the problem with that is you cant touchtype, as i stated, since there are obviously no physical keys to feel... so you're constantly looking down to make sure your fingers hit the right spots then looking back up at the screen to make sure there was an input.

it did connect via bluetooth rather quickly and reliably though.

if you hate typing on a touchscreen keyboard, a la iphone, you will not like this.

if you like typing on touchscreens, you will probably still not like this.
    12-14-09 08:28 AM
    used to have one a couple of years ago that i used for a week and returned back to Fry's.

simply put, either it or i was inaccurate, resulting in constant typos and no tactile response so touchtyping was out of the question. the big issue is that there are neither physical or visual feedbacks to let you know if you hit a key... you have to watch the screen. the problem with that is you cant touchtype, as i stated, since there are obviously no physical keys to feel... so you're constantly looking down to make sure your fingers hit the right spots then looking back up at the screen to make sure there was an input.

it did connect via bluetooth rather quickly and reliably though.

if you hate typing on a touchscreen keyboard, a la iphone, you will not like this.

if you like typing on touchscreens, you will probably still not like this.
    That's what I was thinking. Good to know. Thanks for input.
    12-14-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD