does anyone have any recommendations for a good bluetooth for the Tour? I currently have the plantatronics voyager 510 which worked well with my curve, but people say that I sound very soft and can barely hear me when using it with my Tour. I tried it on my fiance's iPhone and when switching from bt to the handset it sounded exactly the same, which was loud and clear. Not so much with the Tour. with the bt on, I sound very soft, and when I switch to the handset on the tour, I sound fine.

is anyone else having this issue? and if not, what bluetooth are you using that works well with the Tour? thanks
    08-20-09 10:14 AM
    I got the jaw bone. Works fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 01:27 PM
    I have a Motorola T505 and get a lot of complaints of sounding soft and distant. With my old WM phone I never had any issues. I have read several threads across a couple of forums with issues of sounds soft/quiet/distant and many different BT devices. It seems to me its a hardware/software issue with the phone.
    08-20-09 02:03 PM
    I have the Moto 680(?) in frost. Nice and loud!!!
    08-20-09 02:20 PM
    Yes, as boomhower notes, this is an established software problem that affects many Tours, but not all. If your headset worked fine before, it's probably fine.
    Now you can join the crowd of us waiting (and hoping) for a fix with an OS update.

08-20-09 02:28 PM
    I've been using the Jawbone since it first came out with all of my cell phones. It has GREAT. Not cheap but well worth it. I'm still using the original. Can't get myself to buy the new one if my old one still works so well.
    08-20-09 02:48 PM
    I just picked up the Plantronics Voyager Pro.

Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth Headset | Superior Performance

My previous headset was an older Plantronics Voyager 510 and people were complaining that I sounded far off and too quiet. People can now hear me fine with the new Voyager Pro, however, the audio on my end is not as good as it was with the 510. I can hear them fine, but sometimes it's a bit distorted. It's very weird - the 510 sounded distorted like this on my Storm, but sounded great on the Tour, but the Voyager Pro now sounds distorted on the Tour. I hope RIM will address this on future OS releases. Regardless, I'd recommend the Voyager Pro. The boom mic really helps people to hear you clearly.
    08-20-09 02:54 PM
    I have a jawbone 2. Works great. Better than on my curve.
    08-20-09 08:49 PM
    Jawbone Prime is outstanding and works great!
    08-20-09 09:42 PM
    Jawbone Prime is outstanding and works great!
    Same here with no problems also
    08-21-09 07:04 AM
    Jawbone 2, works great.
    08-21-09 03:03 PM
    I have both the JawBone 2 and Prime -- both work great.
    08-21-09 03:05 PM
    I have the Voyager 510. No problems so far!
    08-21-09 04:41 PM
    My Jawbone original does not work well.
    08-21-09 05:22 PM
    I use a Jabra JX-10 II with no problems, and it's tiny.
    08-21-09 05:42 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem with the Motorola T505. People claim I sound muted and I always end up shouting to be heard clearly. Also when I used it with my last phone, an LG, the sound was loud and clear from both ends.
    11-02-09 02:39 PM
    It's probably the OS... I updated mine to V4.7.1.57 and it fixed the issue. I wouldn't go out and buy a new bluetooth headset until I updated the OS first.
    11-02-09 02:46 PM
    I got the Plantronics Voyager Pro and it works like a dream. Everything is loud and clear on both ends.
    11-03-09 12:51 PM
    I had the bluant Z9i. It was awsome with my Curve. But with the Tour, was crap. People said I was low and muffled. Audio from the earpiece also was crap, distorted and a consistent humming noise.
    I thought it was the earpiece itself, so went and got the Plantronics 975. Audio sounded better but still had the contstant humming sound. Same complaints from others, sound too low and muffled.
    I updated to .57. Appears to fix the complaint from the other end, not muffled and sound loud and clear. But still hear the humming sound.

With two good earpieces, its definately an OS issue.

11-03-09 04:34 PM
    I also had the Plantronics Voyager 510 when I first got my Tour and had the same problem everybody else complained about. I found a thread on Howardforums.com that had a solution.

You will need to make some changes to the Device Properties on the Tour for your headset.

Options > Bluetooth > highlight your headset > press BB button > select Device Properties.

Change your settings to the following:

Trusted: Yes
    Encryption: Disabled
    Echo Control: On

This past weekend I purchased the Jawbone Prime and had the same problem. After I adjusted the Device Properties for the Jawbone, all was better.

I hope this helps.
    11-03-09 05:00 PM
    I have the same headset and was having the same problems till I upgraded the OS to .53. What OS are you on?

11-03-09 05:51 PM
    It's probably the OS... I updated mine to V4.7.1.57 and it fixed the issue. I wouldn't go out and buy a new bluetooth headset until I updated the OS first.
    I just purchased my Blackberry tour yesterday and want to know how to update the OS> I have had problems, with my Bluetooth (original Jawbone) and with the handset as well.
    11-08-09 06:41 PM
    Plantronics 665, I swear by it. Comes with car charger too, so it's always charged and ready. Sounds excellent with my Tour.
    11-08-09 06:51 PM
    I use the Jawbone.
    11-08-09 07:35 PM
    jackmei2 - what bluetooth did you end up going with and how has it worked for you? I've had my tour for 2 months now and have bought/returned 3 different bluetooths.
    11-11-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD