I recently purchased a Blackberry 8350i. After coming from a Nextel i580, I've noticed that my bluetooth earpiece has virtually NO ringer when I have an incoming call. It's more like a very quiet 'beep'.

Is there a way to make it actually ring in my ear?? This 'beep' tone is so quiet I missed three calls while driving, and I wasn't even listening to the radio...Just 'wind noise' was drowning out the tone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    MJB
    10-26-09 08:56 PM
    nope all smart phone dont play music in your ear, just a generic tone
    10-26-09 09:02 PM
    nope all smart phone dont play music in your ear, just a generic tone
    That's crap....It's just not loud enough....
    10-26-09 09:06 PM
    do you have your volume turned up?
    10-26-09 09:11 PM
    do you have your volume turned up?
    Yeah, maybe I'll just have to get used to it...But it's really such a soft tone, that any background noise (i.e. wind noise, heavy machinery, Britney Spears...) seems to drown it out.
    10-26-09 09:15 PM
    lol i know when i had mine, when i would turn the vol up on my BT the phone vol would go up also. is yours doing that? maybe you have to turn your vol up then connect??? i dunno im pulling straws here
    10-26-09 09:20 PM
    lol i know when i had mine, when i would turn the vol up on my BT the phone vol would go up also. is yours doing that? maybe you have to turn your vol up then connect??? i dunno im pulling straws here
    Hmmm..I think the earpiece volume is the 'all inclusive' volume for both the ringer and the voice volume.

Grrrr...This Blackberry thing is going to take some getting used to.
    10-26-09 09:28 PM
    I have a BlueAnt V1 and when its connected its the main control for volume. I just make sure the 8350i volume is maxed out as I have bulldozer operator hearing.The V1 has voice control so I get a voice telling me the number thats calling me..Its not real loud but loud enough. And yes I have missed calls do to work noise. In my pickup I use a bluetooth speaker phone. Works like a champ from the visor over my head. Motorola-MOTOROKR-T505-Bluetooth-Speakerphone. I cant place a link yet, but check it out as it gets high marks from CNET last year.
    Last edited by Jim Dirt; 10-27-09 at 01:32 AM. Reason: spell check
    10-27-09 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD