Does anyone know if you can have a bluetooth headset and bluetooth gps puck paired and use them both at the same time on curve 8330. Any info would help thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by corytuz78; 01-20-09 at 09:36 PM.
    01-20-09 09:34 PM
    I use a BlueAnt V1 headset and a Freedom Keychain 2000 GPS puck simultaneously with my 8830. It should work with an 8330 as well.

EDIT: I should add, it is device-dependent. My ancient Motorola headset would NOT work simultaneously with my 8830 and Freedom Keychain 2000. I think Bluetooth 2.0 in the headset if not both devices is necessary.
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-20-09 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added device-dependence note
    01-20-09 10:54 PM
    i have a verizon 8830 and am debating getting a puck. I want to be able to use my 8830's voice recognition to say "navigate home" instead of just "call home". Will I be able to do this with any gps puck? I also have a blueant headset.
    02-09-09 10:59 AM
    I use a Jawbone I with Freedom puck. I know both stay connected; however, the GPS software seems to pause when I am on the phone.
    02-09-09 12:42 PM
    i have a verizon 8830 and am debating getting a puck. I want to be able to use my 8830's voice recognition to say "navigate home" instead of just "call home". Will I be able to do this with any gps puck? I also have a blueant headset.
    I use a Blueant V1, which is a voice-controlled bluetooth headset, with a Freedom Keychain 2000. Voice control would most likely be a function of the GPS software rather than the puck. I'm unaware of any BlackBerry GPS software that accepts voice commands. If someone knows of a package, I'd be interested to learn about it.

My laptop GPS software does accept voice commands. On a recent trip, it kept thinking I was talking to it instead of to my wife on the phone. It thought I was saying "Where am I" and responded with my location at that moment, much to the amusement of my wife.
    02-09-09 10:22 PM
    I've had mixed results with handsfree and gps. Sometimes I have to disconnect the handsfree in order to connect the gps, but afterwards I'm able to reconnect the handsfree unit and continue using both.
    02-10-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD