Guys I synched up my 8900 with my laptop and I can use it as a modem, I was trying to send a file to my phone however it gave me message saying that file transfer service is not found on phone.

Does this mean that I can not transfer file to/from my computer via bluetooth without using DM.
    08-22-09 03:13 PM
    You should be able to. Just open the media icon on ure berry, then hit the menu key and the "receive using bluetooth" if that does not work then there might be a driver issue with your computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 03:51 PM
    The Bluetooth File Transfer Service is not built into the BB OS (Why I have no idea). There is a paid app that will do it on the crackberry app store. Its great being able to transfer multiple files and drag and drop.

Or for single file transfers just do what nathon suggested above.
    08-22-09 04:01 PM
    You should be able to. Just open the media icon on ure berry, then hit the menu key and the "receive using bluetooth" if that does not work then there might be a driver issue with your computer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks a ton mate, It worked just fine. you guys Rock!!!
    08-22-09 04:02 PM
    thanks for the info
    08-22-09 06:21 PM
    "receive using bluetooth" should be moved out to be easier to find
    08-23-09 04:23 AM
    "receive using bluetooth" should be moved out to be easier to find
    I Know, i was looking it under Bluetooth options, couldnt find it so posted, I should have done more research before posting though.
    08-23-09 04:56 AM
    Do you guys know how to get the bluetooth icon on your home screen? Sick of going through "manage connections." I have 4.7 on my new Tour. My old pearl had the icon already available. Any solutions?

Luke--
    09-03-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD