I am trying to transfer files from my PC to my Tour via Bluetooth. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and when pairing the Tour to my PC via Bluetooth the PC tries to load some drivers it can't find. I don't know if this is part of the problem but neither Windows or RIM have any updated drivers because I have searched each site exhaustively for them. I know all about selecting the "receive via bluetooth" on the phone and I can send files (tried pics and mp3 both worked) from my Tour to my PC with bluetooth but whenever trying to send PC->Tour I get an error message "the file transfer was not successful" and "an invalid arguement was supplied." Anybody have any idea how to get this to work or what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Sam
    09-04-09 10:59 PM
    Do you have desktop manager installed? This is where my computer got the drivers it needed when I paired my tour to my laptop via bluetooth to do file transfers. Either that or the modem drivers from when I instlled vzaccess manager but more likely desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:17 PM
    Yes I have BB Desktop manager 5.0.0.11 installed. I don't have vzacccess manager installed. It doesn't sound from the description like anything I need but who knows. I am going to install it and see.
    09-05-09 03:00 PM
    I think if you can send using bluetooth, you should be able to receive without changing drivers???

Yes, with my 8830 I was able to go both ways but I did get an error twice. I retried and it eventually worked.

I also have Vista Home Premium and had a bit of a hassle getting the bt even recognized. I don't recall all I did but I uninstalled the drivers that came with my kensington micro and futzed around a bit.
    09-05-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD