I've managed to figure out how to connect my company issue Tour to my ci Dell via bluetooth, as well as a headset. I already had tetherberry installed. After reading for the past 1.5 hours, I still have no idea what does Bluetooth does for me? I'd like to take advantage of the technology, but don't know where to start.
    01-28-10 09:08 PM
    nothing, really. It's pointless to connect your BB to your computer through bluetooth. It does nothing the cable doesn't, and it's slower and more cumbersome.
    01-28-10 09:16 PM
    I use bt to quickly pass files back and forth from my laptop. I use it to tether using the newest version of tetherberry which is just called tether.. but not often as yes, its faster with the cable, but its good in a pinch when you don't want to drag everything out.
    01-28-10 09:21 PM
    You can also use Desktop Manager and BACKUP your device using Bluetooth.

Furballz and I had this discussion yesterday - Bluetooth is pretty limited but it can serve in a pinch and maybe lessen the chance of breaking the usb connector on the phone (the 8830 was more prone to that kind of breakage).
    01-28-10 09:32 PM
    Bluetooth is also good for bluetooth audio. For example I use bluetooth in my car (ford sync). I can stream music wirelessly and it does hands free calling. That's pretty much all I use the bluetooth for on my end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 11:51 PM
    I only use bluetooth to transfer files from my phone to computer. Just never got into the whole headset thing and the streaming music to my laptop is great.
    01-29-10 12:32 AM
    I only use bluetooth to transfer files from my phone to computer. Just never got into the whole headset thing and the streaming music to my laptop is great.
    see, the streaming music thing might interest me. Can you explain that in a bit more detail?

As far as file transfers, I suppose that's done more efficiently through the cable, right? I can't say that I've had a need to do that at all - not sure if I will or not.
    01-29-10 08:40 AM
    Blackmbamba:

Have to paired your BB with your laptop? You do it the same way you would pair a bluetooth headset. Make sure your computer is discoverable and that depends on version of Windows how to get to that option. And then you need to go to the BB's Bluetooth app and have it search for a connection - also it has to be discoverable.
    01-29-10 09:04 AM
    01-29-10 09:15 AM
    see, the streaming music thing might interest me. Can you explain that in a bit more detail?
    All I do is connect my phone to laptop via bluetooth, open BB media player, and click Play on the song you want. I sometimes have problems with the next song playing automatically which I think has to do with the file type. The bluetooth hardware needs to support AD2P and its pretty simple to set up.
    01-29-10 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD