View Poll Results: Did this post help you solve your Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - I solved my Bluetooth Blackberry Windows 7 problems

115 67.65%
  • NO- - I still have issues with my Blackberry and Windows 7

55 32.35%
    First of all, great job, it works, BB Desktop Software does recognise and support my BB Curve 8520 via Bluetooth.

What I would like to know is how and/or in what way do I upload files to my phone?? So what program on my pc or in what way can I command to send a file from my pc to my BB Curve 8520??

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: I found out, you simply right click the bluetooth icon on your pc and select Send a File, damn.. that easy and on your phone you select receive a file.. now only wait for my just ordered Micro SD card of 8 Gb to fill up.

Thanks again and good luck to all the ones who are not yet able to fix the bluetooth driver issue
    Last edited by jaicigy; 09-08-11 at 08:36 PM.
    09-08-11 03:16 PM
    I still have some problems with sync via BT. On first paring my BB9900 with Win7 x64 the Sync works fine. Second connection via BT didn't work, so I installed the drivers for the missing devices in the hardware manager, but the sync still didn't work. The BT connection is established but the DTM won't connect to the phone and ends up in a Black Sync screen on my bold. There I have to kill the BT connection to get back control of my BB.

Does anyone have a hint?
    10-11-11 01:08 PM
    A fully updated Windows 7 installation with the latest DM should identify your phone and install the drivers just fine. I would also recommend letting Windows 7 install drivers for your Bluetooth device instead of using branded drivers on a disk. If Windows 7 needs additional drivers it will notify you that A) You need to go to a specific website and get the drivers. Or B) It cannot find the appropriate drivers. This is an old problem and allowing updated/current Windows 7 and DM do what they want is the best way to handle things. Installing RIM serial ports for your phone was an issue with Vista.

You may wanna have all your software installed on the computer before you plug-in your Blackberry too.

Found this link on the Blackberry website. Seems to have worked for a couple of handfuls of people.

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/how-to-fix-bluetooth-peripheral-missing-driver-blackberry-windows-7/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-11-11 at 03:03 PM.
    10-11-11 02:43 PM
    I think there is no problem with the drivers, because the sync works on first pairing. But not on any further connection.

Anyway I already installed the mentioned drivers but it won't work.
    10-12-11 01:55 PM
    Solution worked great, now if I could only find out why I have the yellow"!" associated with my icomm. It's a BCM92046DG-CL 1ROM dongle and I use the software that came with it (iogear). The actual Icom is a pair of phonak hearing aids. Right click on Icom, properties, hardware there is the yellow ! for Bluetooth Peripheral Device Type: Other Devices. Any ideas on this one?
    10-15-11 01:31 PM
    I have an old Linksys BT100 dongle that's been around for years. The only drivers it ever had are the drivers provided by Win 7 and it works like a champ. Like I said before, let Win 7 setup your BT adapter. Vista was not so simple, I had a couple of comm ports where I had to manually install the RIM ports but they were in the Vista driver database, no need to download anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 04:09 AM
    This still works.

FYI, if you ever want to get rid of all your com ports and start over, this is the most useful information I've ever found. I've used it over and over. Thanks to: Mahesh Mitkari's Blog he even has pictures.

h t t p://blog.cognitioninfotech.com/2009/01/how-to-clear-or-reset-com-port.html

How to clear or Reset COM port ?

"Windows always assign a COM port no (like COM2, COM3 etc) every time you connect a USB device like modem, mobile phone or specially serial to USB convertors to system, and this no goes on increasing as every time you connect device windows reserve that port and next time it assign new number.

I recently face some issue because of this, I want to test my new thing magic m5e RFID Reader with BizTalk RFID which is connected to USB of my laptop using a serial to USB convertor, here my system assign a port no COM19, this was a big problem for me as my RFID Device Provider can only access up to COM5 ( it is in pre-beta) so i need to change COM port to less than COM5, when I tried to do that it shows me list of all 19 ports and mentioned in brackets as “in use”, so i need to free all these ports which are locked by system. I searched every where in device manager , control panel no interface is available to do this in windows, then i found a nice solution for this which allow you to free all ports but for this you need to edit registry,

here are the steps which you can use to free all post.

1. Click start –> Run –> type regedit and click OK button.
    2. This will open a Registry editor.
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\COM Name Arbiter

Now right panel , you can see a key ComDB right click to that key and click modify.

In value Data section select all and delete reset to Zero ‘0’.

click OK

Close Registry editor and then restart your computer. all COM ports are now Free, you may need to reinstall any USB to serial convertor.

Note: It is always good to take back up before deleting any entry from Registry, to take back up for Com Name Arbiter, in left panel right click on COM Name Arbiter and say Export, save with some name and appropriate location."
    Last edited by allowingtoo; 01-14-12 at 09:06 PM.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    01-14-12 09:04 PM
    BUMP on this.

My bluetooth connection still isnt working.

When i first recieved me HP laptop I was able to make calls from my laptop using the bluetooth from my phone.

I had gotten a virus on it so I had to reinstall windows.

NOW. I cannot even use the mic on the laptop for calls.

The only functions im allowed to use are:

stereo audio and remote device

Attachment 103403

Attachment 103404
    02-21-12 11:54 PM
    thanks, it worked great on my bb 9900
    11-21-12 02:51 PM
109 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD