Hello,

I have successfully set up bluetooth wireless dial up networking with my blackberry and laptop. To works great and I had no problems once set up with blutooth pairing, etc.

Now I am trying to set up my blackberry to synchronize through desktop manager via bluetooth, and I keep hitting a wall. I try to set up bluetooth in Desktop manager and it can't find the device, but my computer sees it no problem. I have a feeling that this may be due to the fact that the boxes are grayed out (uncheckable) on my blackberry bluetooth options for Desktop Connectiity and Wireless Bypass (under the Serial Port Profile - which is checked). Every service is checked in the options page on my blackberry except for Desktop connectivity and wireless bypass which are grayed out.

I am running Desktop Manager 5.0 - Just upgraded because I tried with 4.7 and that didn't work either. My Blackberry is running 4.0.0.174, upgraded as well because previous versions were not working with blue tooth either,

Any thoughts, suggestions or help?

Thank you very much!

David Schott
    05-28-09 01:26 PM
    has anyone helped you with this issue yet? or can you point me to a thread where you found this answer? im using an ibm thinkpad.
    05-31-09 11:31 AM
    What BT stack is your computer using? DM won't sync successfully with anything other than the native Microsoft stack.
    05-31-09 12:18 PM
    i am using a ibm thinkpad and i can pair my storm but when i use dm it also has the bluetooth support "grayed" out. not sure really what to do. spoke to support at blackberry they told me that i need a microsoft driver to use that correctly. but i already have my thinkpad drivers. whats the difference?
    06-02-09 10:24 PM
    You need to uninstall the IBM BT stack and let/force Windows to use the Microsoft stack. Typically, you can go into Control Panel, uninstall the IBM drivers, reboot, and install the native drivers. DM will only work with Microsoft's BT stack.
    06-02-09 11:27 PM
    i am using a ibm thinkpad and i can pair my storm but when i use dm it also has the bluetooth support "grayed" out. not sure really what to do. spoke to support at blackberry they told me that i need a microsoft driver to use that correctly. but i already have my thinkpad drivers. whats the difference?
    It doesn't matter if the laptop syncs up with the bluetooth. The boxes are greyed out because DM does not see any bluetooth activity. This is what everyone is telling you. DM will only see bluetooth activity from the Microsoft stack. I had the same problem as you. Once I removed the bluetooth drivers I had installed, DM recognized the Storm immediately. Boxed were available. Be aware, no media transfers with bluetooth connectivity. I am using DM 4.7 without any problems.
    06-03-09 12:40 AM
    same problem here...

using the MS BT stack. greyey out options *are on the handheld*...ie: it is not advertising them, thus the PC doesn't see them.

how to enable?
    06-26-09 09:30 AM
    same problem here...

using the MS BT stack. greyey out options *are on the handheld*...ie: it is not advertising them, thus the PC doesn't see them.

how to enable?
    I have the same problem, did you find a solution? is this because our IT dept does not allow? I can use the cable but not bt
    08-24-09 01:53 PM
    I have spent a couple of hours on the phone with the Sr. Techs at RIM, I was told this was due to the propery blank policy not being sent back to the device after disconnecting from the BES. I was working on my Dad's 8900

However my device WAS working properly and able to connect to DM and it worked great. BUT, today all of the sudden those choices are now grayed out, I can connect to my PC but not to DM and I haven't had any connection to a BES.

Something very strange is going on with it, but its a fantastic feature that I really loved when it worked.
    01-08-10 12:24 PM
    I just recently purchased a used 8220 off of eBay. Money's very tight and my 8100 decided to crap out. Anyway, I've got the same boxes grayed out as well and I wanted to have my phone automatically sync with my desktop. Does anybody out there have a solution?

BTW, other than this issue and the loose sim card problem, I love the 8220, always been a fan of the clam shell, but I can't see living without my Blackberry.
    10-16-10 01:41 AM
    If you are on a BES and the boxes are likely grayed out because the BES IT policy is still on the default, contact your BES admin:

docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/4222/Disable_Desktop_Connectivity_204004_11.jsp

docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7229/Disable_Wireless_Bypass_204012_11.jsp
    11-12-10 12:33 PM
    22kwhr- what does that mean? how can I alter the BES setting? How do I contact the admin? Who is the admin?
    11-13-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD