I have a Verizon Storm 9530 and I am attempting to sync with desktop manager via Bluetooth. I have searched and read a lot on the forum about bluetooth but most posts talk about the windows vs wildcomm drivers. I believe my issue is something with the settings on the phone. I am able to select bluetooth from desktop manager, but it will not locate my device. I am able to pair it with the windows app.

Under the bluetooth options on the phone the "Desktop Connectivity" option is not checked, and is grayed out. I have called Verizon about it and they supposedly called BlackBerry support and they stated that bluetooth sync is not supported....... I know that is bull. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the Desktop Connectivity option selected on my device?

I have had this issue with the 4.x and now 5.0.0.328 version. I also am not using BES.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    11-13-09 03:54 PM
    Don't listen to Verizon. Bluetooth sync does work, because I use it daily.

Are you sure you're using the native Windows BT driver? This is a requirement.

Does Desktop Manager see your phone via BT? You should be able to see your PIN number in Desktop Manager -> Options -> Connection Options -> Connection Type.

When you paired your phone with your computer, your phone should list your computer's name under "Paired Devices." I don't see a "Desktop Connectivity" option on my phone settings (are you sure you didn't mean Desktop Manager?)
    11-13-09 06:31 PM
    I am having the exact same issue.
    11-19-09 01:22 PM
    Prior to DM 5.0 you had to have the Window stack else BT did not work. However ever since the DM 5.0 I've been able to use DM to sync with my BB Storm.

This is the way I got my device to work
    I had to get the "BlackBerry Device Manager" to recognize my blackberry. Note the emph on Device. Once this is working, you need to go to your "BB Desktop Manager" and enable Bluetooth Support. Select the <Configure BlueTooth>. There you will see your device. Select it and the the BB DM will start to sync with your device.

Note when sync your BB make sure you don't use the driver software that came with your BB. You need to select the <Configure Bluetooth> button on the "Device Manager" and add you BB device that way.
    11-19-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD