Hi....I have read quite a few postings and I figured I would just come out and ask the direct question.
    I have been trying to connect my bluetooth to the VZ navigator on my Tour but it just wont work...the bluetooth works fine with my phone but not at all with my navigator. I prefer to drive and hear it through the bluetooth. Is there a particular bluetooth I need to buy for that to work? I have called Verizon (blackberry experts) on several occasions and the tech was actually surprised by the question. He had never heard that before. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP....lol
    11-03-09 03:57 PM
    VZNAV does not seem to work with Bluetooth. I also would like to hear the directions on the headset, but it ain't happening with this release. There might be add on programs that can route through the BT headset, but it would be nice for VZNAV to natively support this.
    11-03-09 04:08 PM
    Yea..it worked with my Voyager, but it doesnt seem to be working with my Tour and that just urks the living daylights out of me!!!
    11-03-09 04:09 PM
    VZ Navigator over bluetooth does work. It is working on mine.

HOWEVER, I have always had trouble with VZ Nav and bluetooth on my Curve and now Tour. What I've found is that application permissions, etc. block it. What seemed to work for me is to install VZ navigator while connected to a bluetooth device. I've also found that sometimes even after this, it doesn't seem to work, and a battery pull fixes it.

I believe it to be a flaw with VZ Navigator. It has some other annoyances with bluetooth too, like the street name volume being WAY louder than other prompts and that you cannot switch from one audio source to another by choice (i.e. a headset or the speakerphone or a car kit)
    11-03-09 06:39 PM
    I agree with Joe. I just got back from a 7 hour trip and my VZ Navigator would not work with the bluetooth for the life of me. However, it worked perfectly through the bluetooth all day Friday when I was driving out there! I wish Verizon would fix this.

Another related problem I've seen is that it can be unpredictable as to whether the directions come out of the loud speakerphone or the softer phone speaker (where you put your ear), when I'm not trying to use bluetooth. When it decides to come out of the softer one, I can't hear it at all and I'm never able to figure out how to change it. It just magically changes by the next time I decide to use the program. It really is irritating!
    11-15-09 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD