The Bluetooth function on my husbands phone (Flip) will no longer work. When you try to "check" the option under "connections" it will check, then clear and state that Bluetooth is disabled. I have tried everything...help!
    10-17-10 09:19 PM
    This is a known issue with these phones, someone here reported that sending a file via BT will "wake up" the BT antenna, so you can try that. You also might be able to get a refurb from TMo Customer service if you call them, I was able to do that last May.
    10-18-10 09:44 AM
    tmobile is no longer replacing this phone, they switch you to a different bb, and the phone number keys are super small. it sucks.
    11-07-10 10:35 PM
    Had the same problem with my flip. Tried everything I found on this site ( worked on it for a month!). Finally took it to the repair shop and they said the module/antenna was kaput. In my case, as with many owners here, it was a hardware problem. Anyway, look around this site. It's a goldmine of info and you might just find the trick that will make your phone's bluetooth work again.
    Good luck!
    11-14-10 09:05 AM
    tmobile is no longer replacing this phone, they switch you to a different bb, and the phone number keys are super small. it sucks.
    I wish that were the case for me. Called T-Mo on 11/12 and begged them for a different phone but per warranty, they can only replace the same phone for me.
    How did you get them to send you a different phone? Was it a replacement for a defective phone or did you have to pay out of pocket?

Thanks
    11-15-10 11:25 AM
    Had the same problem with my flip. Tried everything I found on this site ( worked on it for a month!). Finally took it to the repair shop and they said the module/antenna was kaput. In my case, as with many owners here, it was a hardware problem. Anyway, look around this site. It's a goldmine of info and you might just find the trick that will make your phone's bluetooth work again.
    Good luck!
    What kind of repair shop did you take it to?

I will look for one in LA.

This bluetooth issue shouldn't be a problem. My phone is only just a year old.

Thanks for the info.

jfr
    11-15-10 10:28 PM
    What kind of repair shop did you take it to?

I will look for one in LA.

This bluetooth issue shouldn't be a problem. My phone is only just a year old.

Thanks for the info.

jfr
    A cell repair shop in Montreal. They had it for a week. The guy was nice and kept me up to date on what he saw and tried but said the placement of the antenna/module makes repairs difficult, if not impossible. Also he said: that is why "refurbished" replacements don't last because the parts are often not changed but rewired (because of said difficult placement) and having a "spaghetti factory" in such cramped quarters is never good in the long run...
    I hope you have better luck with yours.
    11-17-10 10:14 AM
    The Bluetooth on my wife's 8220 went out a few months ago. I too thought I had tried everything to get it working again, until I heard about . Next week I switch her to a new unlocked 8220 while I give her old phone's main board the Tombstone Treatment (i.e. bake it like a frozen pizza)!
    11-19-10 10:13 AM
    Hubermania, I'm dying to know if you actually tried baking your wife's 8220's main board and if so, how did it turn out?
    05-25-11 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD