Ok, so I have paired my storm with my computer but that's about the only bluetooth success I have had.

When I try to send files from my computer to my storm I get this error:
    org.openobex.Error.NotSupported
    Is there something I can download that would support OpenOBEX?

When I try to browse the files on my phone from my laptop, I get this error:
    Could not display "obex://[MAC Address of Storm]/"
    Error: Service not supported by remote device. Please select another viewer and try again.

When I try to send files from my storm to my computer (via bbfilescout), the menu does not display my computer as a connected bluetooth device. Instead, the menu only says *Empty* under "Select Bluetooth Device"

Has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Computer OS is Ubuntu 9.04; Storm OS is .148
    07-14-09 10:54 AM
    ...bump...
    07-17-09 02:56 PM
    I finally got my bluetooth to work with my storm. Im using Windows 7 tho...sorry, idk how to do it on Ubuntu :/

what are you trying to send?
    07-17-09 04:05 PM
    I just had the very same problem, not really sure what to do with it though. I'll post back if I find anything
    10-06-09 04:01 PM
    Okay so i found something that might work to send files to your blackberry, but im not sure about browsing... open up a terminal and type
    sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
    <<then your admin password>>

This will make sure the bluetooth service is started, just because the icon shows doesn't mean it is on.

next go to Add/Remove Applications -> switch the "Show" to include "All Open Source applications -> then search for Bluetooth. You'll see an app called "Bluetooth File Sharing" download and install that and it should work. I say should cause my work internet sux and won't let me download anything for Ubuntu so i haven't tried it yet.

I'll post when i get back to the house and I do it to see...
    10-06-09 04:20 PM
    oh and my OS is Jaunty 9.04 and blackberry storm os is 5.0.0.191...
    10-06-09 04:22 PM
    Ok so i was able to send a .wav and a .jpeg file using this method:

After installing "Bluetooth File Sharing", make sure it is open by going to "Applications"->"Accessories"->"Bluetooth File Sharing". You'll see the symbol open at the top panel. Next on your phone go into media, push the menu button, then select "recieve using Bluetooth". It will say waiting, then on your laptop right-click the "Bluetooth" icon and select "Send files to device". Select the file, select your phone and it should start sending. Let me know if it doesn't I'll look into any variances that might cause it not to work.
    10-07-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD