I'm having trouble sync'ing my address book via bluetooth to an Alpine car audio deck. My curve works with BMW stereo's. Is there an update to the software that will enable it to work with Alpine?
    08-24-07 04:46 PM
    I get the same problem with a Kenwood unit and a 8100 Pearl, did you find a solution?
    11-24-07 08:24 AM
    I have the Alpine IVA-W205 same problem for me. I miss using that feature. With it I never had to take the phone out of my pocket.
    12-02-07 06:43 PM
    I thik Alpine must help us with this situation
    05-07-08 11:00 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Curve and Alpine IVA-W205. I have spoken with Alpine support and they are convinced that it is a Blackberry issue.

I have also tried using BB OS 4.5.0.18 to see if there is a fix... No luck
    05-16-08 07:20 PM
    My Alpine W205 with KCE-350BT adapter freezes on "NOW UPDATING" it receives calls but it does not allow other function, can someone help?

Thank you
    11-05-08 03:22 PM
    Nachero, I Just today got My Alpine IDA-X100 / KCE-350BT / KCA-SC100 (Sirius / Stratus) & Blackberry 8100 all hooked-up and working properly in My 91' Audi 200 20V.
    I also was getting "Updating" on the Headunit (H U) Display after depressing the "Phone" button of the H U.
    I found that if I went to "Bluetooth Set-up" on the Phone (with H U On and Paired w/Phone), let it attempt too Pair with a Device (My Device was already Paired) then selected "No" to "Try Again", I was then able to select My Device from the "Paired Devices" List, Then selected "Full Menu", Then Selected "Transfer Address Book" & waited for the transfer to complete Successfully. I Turned the H U "off" and back "On" again, Waited for the H U & Phone to "Pair" again, Depressed the "Phone Button on the H U and now My Phone's Address Book "Option List" is on th H U Display.

Hope This Helps, Reply back with results.

Later, randog311
    Last edited by randog311; 12-14-08 at 12:20 AM.
    12-13-08 11:56 PM
    did it transfer your address book?
    12-14-08 07:33 AM
    I just installed an Alpine IVA-W205 and when I synched my Storm everything was transfered but when I received or dialed out everything worked except the fact that I could not hear or talk to the caller. What is going on here? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    02-17-09 09:25 PM
    I also have a Alpine IVA-W205 with the bt that comes on the nav module I think its the alpine 200bt my 8900 pairs perfect with it and my girlfriends 8310 pairs, phonebook and calls missed/recieved/dialed all work.
    I have upgrade my iva-w205 with the new alpine 400BT from Parrot and they both work on it as well
    05-24-09 04:03 AM
    I have a Alpine W-205 with the pmd-b200 Blackbird nav system....the system will "pair" with my new 8530 but the contact list will not scroll......the missed calls and recent calls list WILL scroll!!! I've been told the downloaded list to my new Berry from my old phone is not compatible with the OS of the new Berry..........would deleting the downloaded list and manually putting the calls back in fix this problem????????

HELP.....life without the list ain't fun
    12-19-09 09:01 PM
    I had no issues making use of it with my 2010 Kia Forte, however I did JUST get a software upgrade from the dealer, so perhaps that helped in the matter (and could be what many of you could ask your respective dealers about.)

Only thing I seemed to be lacking that bothered me was that I can't get songs from Pandora/Slacker/Media player to display their tags on my screen like a USB drive or iPod displays. Would be epic if it could do so.
    12-20-09 01:23 AM
    I have a Alpine W-205 with the pmd-b200 Blackbird nav system....the system will "pair" with my new 8530 but the contact list will not scroll......the missed calls and recent calls list WILL scroll!!! I've been told the downloaded list to my new Berry from my old phone is not compatible with the OS of the new Berry..........would deleting the downloaded list and manually putting the calls back in fix this problem????????

HELP.....life without the list ain't fun

you can try to rebuild the list, I dont think you will get very far, I had that problem with the 'shine' and the w-205, you can upgrade to the bt400 you will need an adaptor from alpine, but the bt400 is made from parrot and much more compatible... however i do miss the phone book on the bt200.. can only scroll now instead of name lookup
    12-21-09 05:01 AM
    I've installed a new Alpine iDA-X305 with the KCE-BT400 Bluetooth Adapter. I can pair my Blackberry Storm 9530 with the BT400, and transfer contacts using the Storm. The head unit pairs successfully, but when I press the phone button it displays "No units". The bluetooth audio functions fine, ie streaming music from the Storm.

I noticed the Storm isn't listed on the compatibility list, but neither is any other new phone in the past few years.

Anyone have any success with a newer Blackberry phone and the KCE BT400?
    01-27-10 04:42 PM
    Anyone have any success with a newer Blackberry phone and the KCE BT400?[/QUOTE]

I have the 8900 and its not on the list. I am using the bt400 as well, and not having any problems with phonebook or using the phone from the head unit. Running 4.6 software, I have run 5 but had issues with streaming Pandora skipping every few seconds so I downgraded back to 4.6. So your phone should be ok with the parrot. might trying re-pairing after removed everything.
    01-28-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD