I don't often recommend a particular app but I wanted to make former BB10 users who have migrated to Android aware of an app called Bluemail...

...I really missed the hub on my Z30 and this app's unified email box is about as close aa I have gotten.

Still doesn't include MMS/SMS/Messenger App notification though.
    05-15-16 01:30 PM
    Post this over at Android...
    05-15-16 02:04 PM
    Post this over at Android...
    Congrats on buying Crackberry, I guess!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Last edited by Denise in Los Angeles; 05-15-16 at 06:38 PM.
    05-15-16 04:05 PM
    Some of us use both a Blackberry with BB10 and an Android phone. I agree with the post, Blue mail is the closest to the Hub. Not as good, but close.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    05-15-16 09:32 PM
    Very close. I replaced Blue mail with the Hub on an Android.
    05-16-16 01:14 PM
    I really liked it too... but as stated it doesn't have SMS/MMS. But thanks to Cobalt... I've got the HUB on my Droid.

Some have got to face facts... as time goes on the discussion here is going to be about Android. THAT is the future of BlackBerry hardware (if there is a future). Tips and tricks like this are going to become common. Just like three years ago when BB10 took over the CrackBerry forums because it was the NEW thing. Didn't matter that BBOS users outnumber BB10 users 10 to 1.
    05-16-16 01:22 PM
    Some of us use both a Blackberry with BB10 and an Android phone. I agree with the post, Blue mail is the closest to the Hub. Not as good, but close.

posted by either my Passport or S6 Edge, depending on my mood.
    Agreed... I use both a Classic and a Priv... My Classic very obviously has the Hub while the Priv I have moved to K-9 mail along side OpenKeychain recently until the Hub irons out its kinks a bit more... Bluemail/TypeApp are OK, but there are a few things I'm not comfortable with that keeps me from using them...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 09:34 AM
    What about the people who just want the phone to work. And don't want to have to I've 50 different apps to the the same production as bb10 hub does out of the box.?

#luvmybb10os
    05-17-16 10:18 AM
    What about the people who just want the phone to work. And don't want to have to I've 50 different apps to the the same production as bb10 hub does out of the box.?

#luvmybb10os
    For .03% of the marketshare, that is okay. But the 99% want apps, banking apps, Instagram, SnapChat, games, and superior phone components like better cameras, faster processors.... which the hub does not make possible on phones. It is NOT ENOUGH to try and sell productivity or security alone in today's marketplace. The majority of phone buyers expect a robust app catalog and premium phone components.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-17-16 12:16 PM

#luvmybb10os
    This is me... I typically root my Droids (which cannot be done as of yet with the Priv) and rip just about everything from them from the start, installing only a few select apps to do what I need. I prefer as little apps as possible and anxiously await each update hoping BlackBerry chooses to continue to work on native apps baked into their OS... Marshmallow finally brings forth a functional file manager (though it does not live up to BB10 standards yet it is a start) and are actively working on the Calendar (hopefully the note app is also in development) and work and improvements on the Hub have been noticeable (but not by any means finished)... So I have had to, against my inner feelings on the subject, go elsewhere for a few things... The less apps I have to OK permissions to the better... For now, I still rely very heavily on my Classic and BB10, but the small differences that only matter to the ".03%" matter so very much to me and those differences are the deciding factor for me personally to differentiate between Daily Driver status (Classic) and the second line toy (Priv) I carry in use for tasks I deem unimportant, but necessary... A native app ecosystem and the fluid integration functionality it brings with it are far more valuable to me than an enriched application store full of random solutions prepared by various sources...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-17-16 at 04:00 PM.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    05-17-16 01:19 PM
    There was an article on a russian blog about BlueMail app, saying that this app is sending to an IP all the login details (including password) and all the mail. So, be aware of this app.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-17-16 03:07 PM
    For .03% of the marketshare, that is okay. But the 99% want apps, banking apps, Instagram, SnapChat, games, and superior phone components like better cameras, faster processors.... which the hub does not make possible on phones. It is NOT ENOUGH to try and sell productivity or security alone in today's marketplace. The majority of phone buyers expect a robust app catalog and premium phone components.
    I guess I fall into that small minority that could care less about a robust app store. I want the product to work for me anything else is a bonus. I hate apple. I left android cause the os is a mess bb10 works for me. The few people that have seen my BlackBerry and had switch them selves don't wanna go back to Android. And the don't want pkb. They want a top notch point and shoot Yet BlackBerry next offing is a midrange all touch.???????? Sure seems like they are trying to take back market share. Like what is wrong with these guys?

#luvmybb10os
    05-17-16 03:20 PM
    I guess I fall into that small minority that could care less about a robust app store. I want the product to work for me anything else is a bonus. I hate apple. I left android cause the os is a mess bb10 works for me. The few people that have seen my BlackBerry and had switch them selves don't wanna go back to Android. And the don't want pkb. They want a top notch point and shoot Yet BlackBerry next offing is a midrange all touch.???????? Sure seems like they are trying to take back market share. Like what is wrong with these guys?

#luvmybb10os
    You have to understand you have a very different viewpoint. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, just that most people (the market) are different. Blackberry cannot compete, price wise, with the big boys. The Priv is overpriced for what it can do. Midrange allows them to at least get closer to competing.
    05-17-16 03:44 PM
    It's something like this:

Apr 26 03:41:11 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser rhost=54.174.128.247 user=mailuser
    Apr 26 04:41:14 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser
    rhost=54.174.128.247 user=mailuser
    Apr 26 05:41:15 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser
    Apr 26 06:41:52 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser
    Apr 26 07:41:21 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser
    Apr 26 08:41:23 mailer auth: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid= euid= tty=dovecot ruser=mailuser

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-17-16 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD