I have the Johnson controls BlueConnect in my car. If I make a phone call using the BlueConnect (push the button and tell it one of the programmed voice tags that I recorded, or dial using a number that I speak into the unit) I can hear the phone ring on the other line. However if I use the BB to dial (dial on the phone, or use the phone book) I can not hear the dial tone nor can I hear the first word when the person on the other line picks up the phone, nor can they hear me (I am assuming the mic is not active until just after the call is connected and the speaker is deactivated as well).

I connected my wifes phone to the BlueConnect and it works perfectly... I can hear the ring and the mic is active from the start. This makes me think the problem is my BB.

Is this MY BB or is this a Curve issue? If its a curve issue, do you know if the 8900 also has this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rami
    01-28-09 11:17 PM
    Using iPhone 3G. Same problem. I've taken to initiating the call using the phone's hands free then on connect, switch to BlueConnect. ATT nor Apple will support. Johnson Controls doesn't know anything about this problem. Same old Tech Support reply. Huh???
    04-05-09 01:00 PM
    yeah, thats what I have resorted to now and now that I have my 8900 still have the same problem.

interesting to hear that the iphone has the same problem. Makes me think that it is a JCI issue afterall. Maybe Ill call them and press them some more.
    04-05-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD