Read all the reviews, i like them both (although i wish the V1 came in black), but i am a little torn as to which one to go with.

The V1 caller id hear is annoying with having to listen to the whole numerical caller id.

So to those that have either or, or maybe both i would like some real life comments!

Thanks!!!
    05-18-09 09:51 PM
    Z9i from what I have read has better noise cancelation.
    Z9i is capable of updates too. The v1 is not ( I think)
    I love my z9i

Waiting for the q1 though.
    That thing looks sick

Another wonder of technology from blueant, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 02:15 AM
    I have a plantronics 520 which is incredible and am in the same boat because I want something new.
    The only thing stopping me from the v1 is that google411 is set to speedial#5 and cannot be changed.
    Those little quirks have me leaning to the z9i, which probably isn't much different than my 520, so I will be holding off for the q1 like eve6er69
    05-20-09 08:56 AM
    Z9i it is!

05-20-09 10:32 AM
    post what you think of it!
    Good luck!
    05-20-09 10:37 AM
    Got my Blueant Z9i today! So far so good. Easy to use, the fit is amazing. Good voice clarity. And for $40.00 i'm happy.
    05-21-09 08:06 PM
    I like my Z9i aswell
    05-26-09 03:05 AM
    I just won a brand new on off of ebay...so I should be getting it by Thursday....trying something other than plantronics (which I think makes great headsets)
    the V1 with the whole speed dial preset thing turned me off of that model.
    05-26-09 07:02 AM
    Have had 2 headsets: jaw 1 which sounded muffeled like cotton in ears and the other one I had stunk so bad I don't even remember the name. I had to yell to be heard. Yet it did sound better than jaw 1

05-30-09 11:55 AM
    I have a z9(flashed with z9i firmware v1.1) and a z9i (v.1.1)... while the wife has a v1 (v.5.3... yes it does have firmware updates just like the previous models. ).

Both my z9/flashed and z9i are identical in performance and function.
    The v1 seems to have better clarity on incoming and outgoing. I find that both models perform great in windy situations (top down on my roadster doing 75mph. on the 215W.

I have noticed that the noise isolation does seem to be quicker, and a tad better with the z9i (or maybe that's just me).

All in all.... it's hard for me to say which is better. I like them both.

Although like the majority of the posters on this thread, I would really like to give the Q1 a shot (especially since Blue Ant just came out with a new firmware .15, that increases the incoming volume... which is what a couple of people were having issues with).
    05-31-09 02:29 AM
    I had the z9i and well it was pretty good but
    V1 is better and I just did the SW update for V1

on 9700 .442

I am going on a long trip tomorrow
    so I will have a good review for the v1
    after that ..

02-19-10 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD