I recently purchase a Z9i on the pretext that it would play music via A2DP. Blueant says for a fact on their website that the headset would combine the stereo music into a mono track.

However, after pairing with my 8900, music still plays over my phone's speaker.

It puzzles me as the 8900 supports A2DP. Quick check with bluetooth settings in options shows A2DP supported. But after pairing, the only devices listed are "headset" and "handset".

Any Z9i and 8900 owners here who managed to stream music to their Z9i? I want to know for a fact that either: (a) it doesn't so i can return it or (b) it does and i'm doing something wrong.

Btw, the firmware version is 1.1.

Also, I've noticed that when i receive an incoming call, the Z9i doesn't play the ringtone. Is this normal?
    05-20-09 01:43 AM
    I've sent Blueant a mail. No guesses what their answer will be.
    05-20-09 10:09 AM
    Did you ever get this resolved?
    06-03-09 01:20 PM
    i play slacker through it but i have da storm! when u play da music press menu and enable bluetooth. check if this works!
    06-10-09 06:10 PM
    I play music over my Z9i over BT with Slacker only on a Bold, also.
    06-15-09 06:19 PM
    I play slacker over my BlueANT Z9i.

Hit menu like Danny saud and enable bluetooth.

Ken
    06-15-09 07:37 PM
    I hear ya! I've had my Blackberry Curve and Z9i for almost a year now and still can't play the BB Media Player over my Z9i. Very lame.

In general, I like the Z9i, but for this (lacking) feature alone, I should have returned it and found an earpiece that actually worked.

Shoot, it'll even send the Sprint Navigation to the Z9i... why not it's own Media Player?

{sigh}
    10-19-09 06:13 PM
    Well, I have new information direct from BlueAnt. I received this email after my own query:

Date: October 20, 2009 1:19:36 PM CDT
    To: <>
    Subject: RE: BlueAnt Wireless USA - North American Warranty Consumer Issue Form

Hi Matt

Unfortunately No, the Z9i will never support A2DP to stream music as this
    requires different hardware.

Regards,

Liam
    Blueant Support Team

BlueAnt Wireless
    lueAnt Wireless - Bluetooth Handsfree, Car kits and Mobile Communication Devices
    Technical Support: 1866 891 3032 Monday to Friday 6am-6pm PST
    Oh well, looks like time to shop for a new Bluetooth earpiece.
    10-21-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD