Hey guys... I just got my Curve 8330 today! And I am so happy with it.

I just tried to sync my blueant z9 with my curve and the curve is not picking up the headset as a paired device. I tried shutting off my curve and turning it back on, and still nothing.

Could it be that I do not know how to put my blueant z9 in pairing mode?

If so, how does one do that?

Thanks in advance crackberrians for all your help!

~Alex
    08-03-08 10:11 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

Hold the ant down until you get a fast blinking blue light.
    Once you do that make sure on the Curve you are in "setup bluetooth"- your Curve will detect your Ant.
    08-03-08 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick response scandalex.

I tried turning off the ant, then turning it back on.. then using the "add device" option and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem with the 8330? (Verizon)

~Alex
    08-03-08 10:25 PM
    Thanks for the quick response scandalex.

I tried turning off the ant, then turning it back on.. then using the "add device" option and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem with the 8330? (Verizon)

~Alex
    Are you holding the power button (ant) until it starts blinking a fast blue light? If you're leting go before that light starts blinking very quickly, you dont have it in pairing mode.

Let's do this- turn it off. Now when you turn it on, dont let go for 5-6 seconds. You want the ant to be blinking rapidly.
    Last edited by ScandaLeX; 08-03-08 at 10:29 PM.
    08-03-08 10:27 PM
    Scandalex, you are awesome!! Thanks much for all your help, and helping me better understand my z9 that i've had for over a year!

~Alex
    08-03-08 10:38 PM
    Scandalex, you are awesome!! Thanks much for all your help, and helping me better understand my z9 that i've had for over a year!

~Alex
    You're very welcome- thats what we're here for.
    Also, if you need anything for your BlueAnt Z9- that rubber that goes in the ear will break apart in time. You may loose the ear hook. There are no site that carry the parts; not even the people who make the thing. If your earpiece should break apart, just unscrew it and screw in a new one. Those parts seem to sell out fast so you may want to get some, just in case- I did!

BlueAnt Z9 Removable Ear Hook (3 units)
    Blueant Z9 Ear Bud Assembly

MobileCityOnline is the only place that carriers BlueAnt Z9 and Z9i parts.

08-03-08 10:47 PM
    I got all of that done, except when my phone finds the ant, it says to put in a numeric or an alpha password. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    09-30-09 06:26 PM
    Any help?

New driving law comes into effect tomorrow, must use hands free or $500 fine! HELP
    09-30-09 06:52 PM
    This site is balls... big hairy balls
    09-30-09 09:14 PM
    BobcatColin, when it ask for the code enter 0-0-0-0 (zeros) and you should be good to go. Hope this helps, I also own one.
    09-30-09 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD