To anyone thinking about it but still hesitant to pull the trigger, go for it.

Works well, comfortable but loose fit, clear sound on both ends, decent range - about 20 feet which is the same as both my Plantronics.

No reason to hesitate if you think you may like it.

Amazon - 76 bucks, maybe cheaper somewhere else but I didn't look too much further.
    12-11-08 07:57 PM
    I too purchased the Blueant V1 from Amazon and received it 2 days ago. So far, it's great! VERY EASY SET-UP!

One thing I was concerned about was if I could use the voice dialing on my BB thru the V1. . . the answer is YES! All you have to do is say "Phone Commands" and it puts you right into the BB voice dialing. The V1 has it's own voice dialing presets, which aren't bad, but I wanted access to everybody in my contacts list.

It's very clear, and comfortable. No problem wearing sunglasses with it on either.

I did have a problem with the BT being disconnected randomly, but since I pulled the battery on my phone, all seems good. Still only my second day with it.

I do wish I could listen to music thru it as well as use the telephone, but I think the clarity of phone usage is well worth it. If anyone knows some secret setting that would allow me to listen to music, let me know!
    12-12-08 08:37 AM
    I've had mine for a week and the battery life is abysmal. Maybe 2 hours of talk time, and around 10 or 15 on standby.

I wish there were a way to cancel a command. For instance, when you turn the LED light off, it takes you back to the Settings Menu, however, saying "cancel" will call a speed dial number, and saying "exit" does pretty much the same. Clicking the button doesn't cancel it either. It's very annoying because if I don't say anything after it takes me back to the settings menu, it will sometimes take me to my 8330's voice dialing program, at which point I need to press End on my actual phone.

I may just have a really buggy headset. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this in the near future, but I'm shopping around for something else at this point.
    12-13-08 03:16 PM
    I've had mine for a week and the battery life is abysmal. Maybe 2 hours of talk time, and around 10 or 15 on standby.

I wish there were a way to cancel a command. For instance, when you turn the LED light off, it takes you back to the Settings Menu, however, saying "cancel" will call a speed dial number, and saying "exit" does pretty much the same. Clicking the button doesn't cancel it either. It's very annoying because if I don't say anything after it takes me back to the settings menu, it will sometimes take me to my 8330's voice dialing program, at which point I need to press End on my actual phone.

I may just have a really buggy headset. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this in the near future, but I'm shopping around for something else at this point.
    Wow. . . . it does sound like you have a buggy headset. I haven't experienced any of that. I know when I turn my LED light off, it does take me back to the Settings Menu, but if I just hit the button, or wait until it's done talking and say "cancel", it cancels and all is good. The only time it misunderstood what I said was when I was trying to eat something and give a command at the same time (I know, bad manners), but otherwise it has worked great! I used it most of the day yesterday and today and it still says my battery is "high" without charging it.
    12-13-08 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD