Forgive me...I'm trying to figure something out and am pretty much a novice at the subject of blue tooth printing. It started about a month ago when the lad at Staples told me the Canon MX320 was blue tooth compatible. Got it home and found out it was blue tooth printing "capable" with the optional blue tooth adapter...which I ordered from Amazon and got today. The blackberry recognized the printer immediately. I am printing from a software called "e-office" which shows the printer and all is good. The "job" goes across and shows it's complete. The blue tooth adapter flashes blue (very pretty by the way). Nothing prints. What "AM" I missing?
    09-25-09 10:55 PM
    Have you tried printing via bluetooth with the computer? That would help determine if the problem is on the BB side or the printer side.
    09-26-09 08:15 AM
    This printer was purchased solely for printing from the blackberry. I also have an Acer laptop but it appears to want something added to it in order to print to bluetooth printers as when I try to detect the printer I get an error message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapteris attached to your computer and that your bluetooth device is turned on. Therefore, I'm not sure I can try what you suggested. Other thoughts? THANKS!
    09-26-09 09:40 AM
    This printer was purchased solely for printing from the blackberry. I also have an Acer laptop but it appears to want something added to it in order to print to bluetooth printers as when I try to detect the printer I get an error message "Windows cannot find any Bluetooth devices. Make sure that your Bluetooth adapteris attached to your computer and that your bluetooth device is turned on. Therefore, I'm not sure I can try what you suggested. Other thoughts? THANKS!
    Does your laptop have a built in Bluetooth adapter? If it does not, you'll need a Bluetooth dongle like one of these. I had an older Toshiba laptop that I had to use a Bluetooth dongle. I don't have the Bluetooth dongle any more. I sold it to a classmate when I got a new laptop with a built in Bluetooth adapter.
    09-26-09 10:31 AM
    This laptop does not have a built in adapter. I have 2 more but they are at work so I'll try one of those to try the test. More on Monday. Thanks!
    09-26-09 01:55 PM
    I surely realize what a novice I am at this. The newer laptop will search for a bluetooth printer, but it doesn't find Canon MX320 printer. So me thinks something in the bluetooth card or the printer settings. I'm thinking cut my losses and cut and paste instead of trying this any more. Maybe it's not even possible to print directly from a blackberry? The manual says "photos" and I construed that to mean documents as well. Maybe I just got con screwed :-)
    09-28-09 09:11 PM
    The BBerry probably needs to support the printer profile. I'm not sure it does.
    09-28-09 09:25 PM
    The on screen manual is here.

The driver downloads are here.

You should have a CD-ROM that came with the printer that you will need to use to set it up to use with the computer.

I do not have this particular printer, so other than giving the links to the manual and the driver downloads, I really cannot provide any further assistance. Perhaps somebody at the store where you purchased the printer could help. Is there a number you can call to speak with Canon's customer service? If none of that works, would you be able to return the printer to the store?
    09-28-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD