Just like to say I'm new to the forum and am absolutely amazed by my new Blackberry 9700. After using an iPhone 3g or the past 18 months I fancied a change and decided to buy a Blackberry.

Phone arrived yesterday and the data plan was all set up this morning and I cant believe just how good it is. Ok, its not as pretty as the iPhone and I'll probably miss killing 15 minutes with a pointless app but it excels in what it does. Just running multiple applications is brilliant! Instead of having to close one to start another I can be alerted instantly to facebook, msn, twitter, sms and emails.

I must say im hooked already and certainly wont be looking back.
    01-09-10 08:38 AM
    lol, good to know.

i'd love to see the faces of my hard-core iphone fan friends when / or if ever they decide to get a blackberry.

welcome to crackberry
    01-09-10 08:54 AM
    As many complaints as I've seen about the browser on BlackBerry, I find it wrks fine for my purposes, and I use it heavily. Once I configured it for speed, it gets the job done quite effectively.
    And yes, multitasking is the order of the day here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 09:07 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I, too, arrived from another smarthphone and love the BB experience. The more I learn the more dedicated to the phone I become. 2010 is the year of real BB expansion in my life.
    01-09-10 09:09 AM
    Welcome...I'm sure you will truely enjoy your 9700 and crackberry.com ....

01-09-10 10:40 AM
    glad you like it the 9700 is an amazing phone and I also won't be looking back
    01-09-10 10:46 AM
    Welcome to blackberry and crackberry.com

I love when all my friends who possess iPhones boast about jailbreaking their phones "I can now run multiple apps!" - "o really? My BB did that fresh out of the box"

01-09-10 11:21 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com it's the place to be. Nothing better then a new BB.
    01-09-10 01:54 PM
    blackberry is the way forward.
    01-09-10 02:01 PM
    welcome to blackberries and believe me this is the place with any info you need on blackberries
    01-09-10 02:04 PM
    welcome to your addiction
    01-09-10 02:06 PM
    Same here, 3G to 9700. Couldnt be happier.
    01-09-10 02:24 PM
    welcome to the BOLD side
    01-09-10 02:43 PM
    i don't get the appeal of iphones. they have touch screen....woohoo? they have lots of apps that aren't really necessary...woohoo again?

i love blackberries b/c they're so much less complicated and can do many more things. i'm not really an apps person (other than facebook) but iphones can't do blackberry messenger and iphones (to my knowledge) don't have autotext, where i can type 3 letters to write out a whole phrase. that's what has made me stay on the dark side and love every minute of it
    01-09-10 03:00 PM
    I've only had my 9700 a few weeks and lov'in every minute. My first smartphone so I'm on a huge learning curve, but I've got to say that this 9700 is light years ahead of what I had been using. A BIG THUMBS UP!!...Can't believe it's 33 degrees here in Central Florida!!!!brrrrrrr!
    01-09-10 03:12 PM
    I've only had my 9700 a few weeks and lov'in every minute. My first smartphone so I'm on a huge learning curve, but I've got to say that this 9700 is light years ahead of what I had been using. A BIG THUMBS UP!!...Can't believe it's 33 degrees here in Central Florida!!!!brrrrrrr!
    my sister lives in orlando...she's been complaining of how cold it is down there and i've been giving her crap about it b/c it's less than 20 degrees where i am (still in florida!). she said it's 38 degrees there!! sucks!
    01-09-10 04:05 PM
    my sister lives in orlando...she's been complaining of how cold it is down there and i've been giving her crap about it b/c it's less than 20 degrees where i am (still in florida!). she said it's 38 degrees there!! sucks!
    Haha. I was teasing my friend in Florida because it's actually warmer in Vancouver for once...
    01-09-10 05:19 PM
    Just like to say I'm new to the forum and am absolutely amazed by my new Blackberry 9700. After using an iPhone 3g or the past 18 months I fancied a change and decided to buy a Blackberry.

Phone arrived yesterday and the data plan was all set up this morning and I cant believe just how good it is. Ok, its not as pretty as the iPhone and I'll probably miss killing 15 minutes with a pointless app but it excels in what it does. Just running multiple applications is brilliant! Instead of having to close one to start another I can be alerted instantly to facebook, msn, twitter, sms and emails.

I must say im hooked already and certainly wont be looking back.
    Congratulations on your first BlackBerry and to the crackberry forums. You picked a winner as your first BB. I came from the 3GS just recently, but have been using BBs for a while now. There are things about the Iphone you will miss; YouTube videos, high quality apps, and web browser. But you have gotten the best messaging system in return. Interestingly enough, I have found BBs more addictive than the Iphone. When I went to the Iphone, I had this incredible longing for a BB. When I switched back, I really didn't miss my Iphone too much. Even though I think that the Iphone is better overall.

01-09-10 05:20 PM
    Congrats on the new BlackBerrry 9700. Nice.

I have had my BlackBerry for a month now and I love it too. Never had an iPhone but I love my iPod Touch so I have the best of both worlds. Since I have the Touch with all the fun apps I am keeping my BB clean to keep it from getting bogged down. (Except for the CrackBerry app)
    01-09-10 05:45 PM
    congrats and welcome
    01-09-10 06:41 PM
    Yeah, we're like 35F degrees below "normal" and it going to be Wednesday before we begin to warm up again. You need to tell us the secret you Canadians are using to export all that Arctic Cold!
    01-09-10 07:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry from another 9700 owner. Enjoy your new phone!
    01-09-10 07:52 PM
    I just got my first BB last week, a Storm 2 after using an LG Voyager for "phone" purposes and an iPod Touch for "entertainment" and I must say I feel like slapping myself for waiting for so long to jump onto the BB. Love it and addicted to it.
    01-09-10 08:49 PM
    The iPhone is a great toy but the bb is a machine. Welcome.
    01-09-10 09:42 PM
    i don't get the appeal of iphones. they have touch screen....woohoo? they have lots of apps that aren't really necessary...woohoo again?

i love blackberries b/c they're so much less complicated and can do many more things. i'm not really an apps person (other than facebook) but iphones can't do blackberry messenger and iphones (to my knowledge) don't have autotext, where i can type 3 letters to write out a whole phrase. that's what has made me stay on the dark side and love every minute of it
    AutoText is one of the features I really love about my BlackBerry. I've created numerous shorthand words that convert to the actual word when typing. I'm not willing to switch to another device and give up this feature.
    01-09-10 10:07 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD