Ooooooo, baby.......sending me home with a smile, are ya now?!?
    04-19-11 05:25 PM
    Can exchange give me all the emails that an employee sent over the last six months? If so, why is it that every time that we have a bid out for our mobile fleet NO ONE bids other than RIM? Could it *possibly* be that they cannot meet our requirements?
    Yes, you can search the Exchange server. That's basically what BES does to deliver it to the Blackberry, you know...

You can search it by i.e. That Employee's Name/Email Address (or AD Identity) over a specified amount of time and get all those emails...

You just have to know how to do it, which you obviously do not.

Also, since Blackberries do not support Exchange natively (but only the BES middleware) it's obviously impossible to do from a Blackberry. But an i.e. Windows Mobile or Symbian Smartphone can do this quite easily...
    04-27-11 11:43 AM
    What companies are doing is using Good on the iPhone for corporate calendar, email, contacts, etc. They then allow apps and other things outside of Good. It works well and I know several people who work for a bank and for an audit firm using it this way. Good on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

The alternatives are growing.
    04-27-11 11:58 AM
    I doubt they're still demanding iphones after the recent news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 03:29 PM
    May be we can track all the CIA, Police, Army officers using iPhone iTrack Steve App.
    04-27-11 03:43 PM
    I doubt they're still demanding iphones after the recent news.

Yah....has there been a response from Jobs? Haven't been watching the drama.

04-27-11 04:10 PM
    Yah....has there been a response from Jobs? Haven't been watching the drama.

Yep. Apple says they aren't tracking anyone... lol

The iPhone is not logging your location. Rather, it's maintaining a database of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers around your current location, some of which may be located more than one hundred miles away from your iPhone, to help your iPhone rapidly and accurately calculate its location when requested. Calculating a phone's location using just GPS satellite data can take up to several minutes. iPhone can reduce this time to just a few seconds by using Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower data to quickly find GPS satellites, and even triangulate its location using just Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower data when GPS is not available (such as indoors or in basements). These calculations are performed live on the iPhone using a crowd-sourced database of Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower data that is generated by tens of millions of iPhones sending the geo-tagged locations of nearby Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers in an anonymous and encrypted form to Apple.
    04-27-11 04:17 PM
    I have no doubt that most of these mobile handset makers are going to be caught up in this kerfuffle. Who wants to see all the mobile CEOs lined up to testify before Congress like the tobacco and banker boys? Hooty - get the popcorn popping and pull up a chair!
    04-27-11 04:22 PM
    Yep. Apple says they aren't tracking anyone... lol
    I think Jobs is confusing location aiding-AGps with tracking your arse lol

04-27-11 04:23 PM
    I think Jobs is confusing location aiding-AGps with tracking your arse lol

I don't think Jobs is confusing anything. If you know Jobs, you know he has a way with words and saying certain things to make it look like he is answering you but he really isn't. Creative lying lol.
    04-27-11 04:33 PM
    Is the iPhone FISMA certified?
    FISMA certification and other restrictions are going to prevent wide-spread adoption of any device beyond the blackberry for a while. And like you said the underlying infrastructure of the Government is going to slow any wide-scale adoption for years.

I've been hearing a lot about the Government moving to next generation technologies, but knowing how terrible almost any major it infrastructure implementationgoes I know it's going to be slow going. Nothing I have seen has made change my line of thinking. Between the bureaucracy and the millions of regulations (contracting transparency requirements), once you are in with the Government you have a strong hold on the business for years. For that and the security reasons, Blackberry is safe.

However, I know a lot of the Agency CIOs are pushing for a lot more cloud-based services and are testing new mobile platforms, but in personal opinion its going to be quite limited for a good long while. Vision and implementation are two very separate things on the Federal side : )
    04-27-11 04:33 PM
    FISMA certification and other restrictions are going to prevent wide-spread adoption of any device beyond the blackberry for a while. And like you said the underlying infrastructure of the Government is going to slow any wide-scale adoption for years.

I've been hearing a lot about the Government moving to next generation technologies, but knowing how terrible almost any major it infrastructure implementationgoes I know it's going to be slow going. Nothing I have seen has made change my line of thinking. Between the bureaucracy and the millions of regulations (contracting transparency requirements), once you are in with the Government you have a strong hold on the business for years. For that and the security reasons, Blackberry is safe.

However, I know a lot of the Agency CIOs are pushing for a lot more cloud-based services and are testing new mobile platforms, but in personal opinion its going to be quite limited for a good long while. Vision and implementation are two very separate things on the Federal side : )
    Funny you should say this....I have a meeting next week with some Microsoft reps regarding cloud computing. They were supposed to come in tomorrow but the storms down South kept them from getting flights.

I had my CO submit an RFI and got a sum total of 0 responses. I actually wanted to see what else was out there. No bites.

And I was being facetious about FISMA certification for the iPhone. Not in this flavour!
    04-27-11 07:41 PM
    I don't think Jobs is confusing anything. If you know Jobs, you know he has a way with words and saying certain things to make it look like he is answering you but he really isn't. Creative lying lol.
    He can put such a spin on everything that you actually thank him for lying to you.
    04-27-11 07:44 PM
    I'm not sure how many politicians want Apple to know where they have been.

Apple's Steve Jobs Defends iPhone Location Practices - WSJ.com

I haven't read yet where RIM has been accused of doing this.
    04-28-11 06:10 AM
    Of course there are some people who demand to be able to use whatever device they prefer. Of course there are people who prefer other phones than the BB. Duh! But it means nothing.

I "demand" an Alienware laptop for work instead of a Dell. The guy sitting next to me "demand" a computer equipped with 2 x Radeon HD 6870 graphics card. Is that gonna happen? No.
    04-28-11 03:32 PM
    Of course there are some people who demand to be able to use whatever device they prefer. Of course there are people who prefer other phones than the BB. Duh! But it means nothing.

I "demand" an Alienware laptop for work instead of a Dell. The guy sitting next to me "demand" a computer equipped with 2 x Radeon HD 6870 graphics card. Is that gonna happen? No.
    And there's me thinking employees usually demand a payrise lol, but now they just want iphones.

04-28-11 03:47 PM
    He can put such a spin on everything that you actually thank him for lying to you.
    Haha exactly.
    04-28-11 03:50 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD