Yeah I've read the book and it's not a bad read.

I must be one of those 23 million diehards too, still using my 9810 and Playbook bridged. Recently my battery on the 9810 died and my wife thought thats it he's got to get a new phone now (thinking it had a fixed internal battery) but I said nope I've just bought a new battery for it! She went on to say I don't know what you are going to do when it does wear out, which is a good question, because I shall miss it terribly!
    Now only 20 million per yesterday's financial report.

I expect the attrition rate won't slow till it reaches about 5 -7 million... as that is about what current sales (not that those are stable either) might support.

I don't think anyone expects these new Android devcies will do more than hopefully stabilize sales....

EDIT: While the finical report say 20 Million... Chen told BNN that they have 25- 30 million users on their network.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 06-24-16 at 10:03 AM.
    06-24-16 08:25 AM
    RAM... my friend!

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Yup, RAM for better multitasking.. CPU for the speed of things and opening Apps..

The Funny thing is, when you look at something like the OnePlus 3.. 6GB of RAM and you can't use it to the maximum.. Which shows you that they do Specs for people to buy their devices, not because the devices need it.. However they're working on an update to fix that.. but their intentions at the beginning sustains the fact that people shouldn't chase specs.
    06-24-16 12:23 PM
    Yeah I've read the book and it's not a bad read.

I must be one of those 23 million diehards too, still using my 9810 and Playbook bridged. Recently my battery on the 9810 died and my wife thought thats it he's got to get a new phone now (thinking it had a fixed internal battery) but I said nope I've just bought a new battery for it! She went on to say I don't know what you are going to do when it does wear out, which is a good question, because I shall miss it terribly!
    You're a Loyal BlackBerry user, In case of the device wearing out.. You'll just buy another one xD.. They're still being sold new out there for less than $100 on Ebay..
    06-24-16 12:27 PM
    Yup, RAM for better multitasking.. CPU for the speed of things and opening Apps..

The Funny thing is, when you look at something like the OnePlus 3.. 6GB of RAM and you can't use it to the maximum.. Which shows you that they do Specs for people to buy their devices, not because the devices need it.. However they're working on an update to fix that.. but their intentions at the beginning sustains the fact that people shouldn't chase specs.
    You can use it to the max just not with many apps. Right now its useful for switching between a few memory hungry apps, games for instance. Don't get me wrong, the amount of people that actually need 6GB on their phone is very small but of those that do they are probably more gamers than those who constantly swap between 30 apps.
    06-24-16 12:38 PM
    You can use it to the max just not with many apps. Right now its useful for switching between a few memory hungry apps, games for instance. Don't get me wrong, the amount of people that actually need 6GB on their phone is very small but of those that do they are probably more gamers than those who constantly swap between 30 apps.
    Yes True.. Frankly I find gaming on phones to be counter productive as it would kill the Battery in a record time.. But a lot of people are into so yeah it works for them.. The occasional gaming here and there is quite fun, but to consider smartphones because of gaming is a little extreme.. Anyway, everyone and his needs.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-24-16 12:57 PM
    For all those who need the latest specs, please tell me how many CPU cores, gigabytes of RAM and terrabytes of storage do you need to make calls, send texts and emails?!!!!!?!!!!
    People who only need to do those things don't even need a smartphone. If you haven't realized that the majority of people - especially those who care about specs - use their phones for many, many other things besides those, then you are very out of touch.
    TgeekB, Sairos and JeepBB like this.
    06-24-16 07:41 PM
    EDIT: While the finical report say 20 Million... Chen told BNN that they have 25- 30 million users on their network.
    That's the difference between unique users (20 M) and phones (25+M). Lots of BB's remaining base are the hardcore fans who have multiple devices and switch between them, but they're still only one unique person (or, rather, BBID).
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and andy957 like this.
    06-24-16 07:48 PM
    BlackBerry 10 forever for me and all my family members and relatives including the young!!!

Posted via CB10
    Forever is a long time

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-24-16 08:07 PM
    People who only need to do those things don't even need a smartphone. If you haven't realized that the majority of people - especially those who care about specs - use their phones for many, many other things besides those, then you are very out of touch.
    I use my phone for more than calling and texting but some people are just pushing the boundaries because they can't be bothered to get a device that would actually do what they need to do better than their phone. Not all but some. I think some of them might be out of touch

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-24-16 08:11 PM
    For all those who need the latest specs, please tell me how many CPU cores, gigabytes of RAM and terrabytes of storage do you need to make calls, send texts and emails?!!!!!?!!!!
    I use my device for a lot more than what's listed above.
    06-24-16 08:14 PM
    I find it hard to believe that there are 20 million die hard fans. Especially considering bb is struggling to sell 500k devices per quarter.
    06-24-16 08:16 PM
    I find it hard to believe that there are 20 million die hard fans. Especially considering bb is struggling to sell 500k devices per quarter.
    Little above that, and these stats are quite legit actually.. But yeah all these fans and only 500k for a quarter is dismal.
    06-24-16 08:19 PM
    Many of those 20 million are corporate users. Not sure if they're all fans, or just forced to use them.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-25-16 06:38 AM
    Many of those 20 million are corporate users. Not sure if they're all fans, or just forced to use them.
    Based on the numbers being reported (each quarter)over the last few years, I'd have to say forced.
    06-25-16 07:17 AM
    Heh, most of the computers in my house don't even have 6 GB of RAM.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-25-16 07:33 AM
    Heh, most of the computers in my house don't even have 6 GB of RAM.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    Yes, its interesting how tech evolved these days.. Massive power in phones.
    06-25-16 11:52 AM
    Doesn't matter how hard we fight.
    BlackBerry needs both their upcoming handsets to be a hit. I feel the rome has a better chance but lets see.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    06-25-16 12:22 PM
    Doesn't matter how hard we fight.
    BlackBerry needs both their upcoming handsets to be a hit. I feel the rome has a better chance but lets see.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I feel the Hamburg has a better chance xD.. But anyway I'm All Rome because of the Keyboard..
    Yes hopefully they will sell enough to make them profitable.
    06-25-16 12:58 PM
    99% of people that have Android phones or Iphones have no clue what they have for specs. They don't have an opinion and have done zero research Before they bought their new phone. Nor do they have a clue. ‎

I know a lot of people that say they like my Passport and they miss their Blackberrys but didn't buy one because of embarrassment. They were told Blackberry is dyeing ,it sucks, no apps, it's old... When they bought their new phone they were pushed into an android or Iphone, made to feel stupid just to think of buying a Blackberry. *‎

My passport not perfect but it is an amazing phone and is perfect for me. *Millions of people are missing out on the experience of having one because of the BS in the media and the over opinionated walking zombies without a life spilling their trash talk on people. Keeping them from making the choice that is best for them. *Millions of people are walking around with phones they don't like but we're told it's the phone to buy. It's not just phones but cars clothes... ‎

Every day you here see and read no stop trash on the news in news paper *and on the web... about Blackberry. *As for me I don't care what people think. I do and buy what is best for me. Those 99% are sucked into a life just following. *You need a phone to do this you need a phone to do that bla bla bla. ‎

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-26-16 10:14 AM
    So if I'm a lawyer and need casemaker, then what? Suppose I'm a doc who needs medical apps?

Better yet, suppose my insurance carrier will give me discounts for using Teladoc app for telemedicine. Or if I'm a journalist at Gannett or Raycom who needs periscope? Starting to see the list get longer? Think all those apps are toys? Suppose I'm a small businessman who needs a credit card swiping app that is used by everyone? Or I need an app from my local bank so I can handle my business?

We won't even get around to airlines and using your flyer miles, points, and accounts.

Without some form of Android, BlackBerry is left behind in the business world more and more every day. BlackBerry needs either the runtime or OS. Period.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-26-16 10:30 AM
    99% of people that have Android phones or Iphones have no clue what they have for specs. They don't have an opinion and have done zero research Before they bought their new phone. Nor do they have a clue. ‎

I know a lot of people that say they like my Passport and they miss their Blackberrys but didn't buy one because of embarrassment. They were told Blackberry is dyeing ,it sucks, no apps, it's old... When they bought their new phone they were pushed into an android or Iphone, made to feel stupid just to think of buying a Blackberry. *‎

My passport not perfect but it is an amazing phone and is perfect for me. *Millions of people are missing out on the experience of having one because of the BS in the media and the over opinionated walking zombies without a life spilling their trash talk on people. Keeping them from making the choice that is best for them. *Millions of people are walking around with phones they don't like but we're told it's the phone to buy. It's not just phones but cars clothes... ‎

Every day you here see and read no stop trash on the news in news paper *and on the web... about Blackberry. *As for me I don't care what people think. I do and buy what is best for me. Those 99% are sucked into a life just following. *You need a phone to do this you need a phone to do that bla bla bla. ‎

Posted via CB10
    Good post.. But let me disagree with the 99%.. Because its not really a correct stat.. Its true though, that a lot of people don't know what their devices specs are.. or even what they're buying.. But on the other hand, you'll also find people who know what they're doing when it comes to smartphones..

The sure thing is, if all people or the striking majority of them knew what they're buying or have done proper research before buying.. They probably wouldn't have ended with their current smartphones.

As for the embarrassment thing, Its sad what this world has come to.. People making other people feel embarrassed because of their Smartphone choice.. Quite superficial and stupid actually.. Everyone uses what suits him.. On the other hand though.. People can't succumb to that pressure and end up buying another phone because they're afraid people will embarrass them or tell them how great dinosaurs they're.. You buy your damn BlackBerry and tell anyone who doesn't like it to go to hell.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-26-16 12:37 PM
    You can still make money and be niche. BlackBerry for life. Just gotta restructure the costs. I hope BlackBerry 10 lives on.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:11 PM
    Little above that, and these stats are quite legit actually.. But yeah all these fans and only 500k for a quarter is dismal.
    Sure, but all those "fans" are waiting for the real Blackberry phone to arrive. The Classic was not it. Too big and no replaceable battery. The Passport is really a niche device (JC said so himself) and it ain't exactly cheap.
    06-26-16 08:55 PM
    What works for you is all that matters, enjoy them!

I know there are PlayBook owners that say the same thing, and that's fine too. For me, new hardware does make a difference and I'm glad I can buy new hardware that meets "my" needs. Would have loved for that new hardware to have been BlackBerry with all the apps that I need... but that didn't happen.
    My playbook sux compared to my z10. It is a complete dog in every way. The power cord is great though for charging the zed

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:58 PM
    Sure, but all those "fans" are waiting for the real Blackberry phone to arrive. The Classic was not it. Too big and no replaceable battery. The Passport is really a niche device (JC said so himself) and it ain't exactly cheap.
    Please speak about yourself, not all the "Fans".. Real BlackBerry?.. All the recent devices were Fake xD?..

The whole world nowadays use Non-removable batteries.. So its not something bad about the Classic.. Its the way things went.. They all got infected from Apple.. The Classic wasn't supposed to be the messiah or something.. Just another phone.. Same goes for the Passport.. The one who was supposed to save the company and failed, was the Priv.. Now that phone hands the messiah torch to the upcoming two devices.
    06-26-16 09:14 PM
86 1234