So I just sold my blackphone.

If you want an android device this is the only product that gives you adequate control over app permissions.

Yet as a phone, the sound quality is poor.

I just tossed my sim card into a Q10 and aside from app availability this is a superior product to any droid I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 04:12 PM
    Funnily, I bought a blackberry after a long time (like 5 years) and gave it to a friend for the typing experience. She bought another passport shortly after. I got used to the KB so much, that I refuse to use my OnePlus (which is a phone I love) because its missing the PKB.

But as thee are no developers, BB10 is dead. I really hope that rome/hamburg will be a success and they will continue to build great devices with probper hub integration and PKB. (I actually wouldn't mind a open-bootloader phone with keyboard as great as the one on PP, but well... lets keep it real)
    06-22-16 04:15 PM
    For all those who need the latest specs, please tell me how many CPU cores, gigabytes of RAM and terrabytes of storage do you need to make calls, send texts and emails?!!!!!?!!!!
    06-22-16 05:01 PM
    For all those who need the latest specs, please tell me how many CPU cores, gigabytes of RAM and terrabytes of storage do you need to make calls, send texts and emails?!!!!!?!!!!
    12 across the board. Clearly.
    06-22-16 05:18 PM
    While I agree with you that chasing specs is no good.. and I'm all for BlackBerry and their modest specs (Which actually runs smooth).. I don't think we can say that Smartphones are about making calls, sending texts and Emails.. They've graduated from that school longtime ago.. So now people consider other elements when buying a smartphone..
    06-22-16 05:26 PM
    As I read the article I got a quick flash of being holed up in a fortress where I am holding the last known BB10 devices, as the starving masses are beating at the doors. Whew! I'm OK now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Sairos, TCB on Z10, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    06-22-16 06:20 PM
    This changes nothing.
    06-22-16 07:00 PM
    Ordered a BlackBerry Passport SE and S&W AR15 this week. Dear Bloomberg: cold dead fingers for both of them.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 and phuoc like this.
    06-22-16 08:21 PM
    I don't understand why he states an IT guy doesn't have WeChat on his BlackBerry. I have it on my Passport SE & Z10 with no issues. Same with Line, Telegram, Viber, and others. Also I did not have to side load them I got them from different app sites such as 9Apps and all are without advertising. I hope that BB makes a turn around and that BB10 will continue to be supported and a couple new devises. (Yes I'm dreaming) but my Passport SE fits my needs better than anything else I have tried. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    TCB on Z10 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-22-16 09:02 PM
    What part of world are you in?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 09:18 PM
    It was double that just two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Which is sad if they had made an upgrade path for All those with z line or Q line and passport it still might have been double. Once my z30 stops working I might go back to flip phone just so I don't have to use android or ios

#luvmybb10os
    06-23-16 12:17 AM
    Which is sad if they had made an upgrade path for All those with z line or Q line and passport it still might have been double. Once my z30 stops working I might go back to flip phone just so I don't have to use android or ios

#luvmybb10os
    Jump to a passport or a classic if you don't want android.
    06-23-16 12:26 AM
    OP..... Very nicely written!
    I have a Passport and couldn't be happier with it.

And no matter WHAT peoples opinion's my be, while Chen has hinted at this or that.... He has NOT said it's over!

And it ain't Over till it's over!! (in MY opinion)
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-23-16 12:30 AM
    OP..... Very nicely written!
    I have a Passport and couldn't be happier with it.

And no matter WHAT peoples opinion's my be, while Chen has hinted at this or that.... He has NOT said it's over!

And it ain't Over till it's over!! (in MY opinion)
    Yes, no need to be pessimistic at all.. two more devices are coming.. Its far from over.. They said recently in the annual meeting that they're giving hardware a chance up until the end of their fiscal year, which is in March/2017.
    TCB on Z10 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-23-16 12:32 AM
    For the diehards and fans who are still left, may I suggest reading the book "Losing the Signal"

It's about the rise and fall of BlackBerry and it's a great read. Talks about some of the humble beginnings and goes into some greater detail about the product, services and some challenges as well.

I just picked it up last night and I can't put it down!

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack, andy957 and Sairos like this.
    06-23-16 04:10 AM
    For the diehards and fans who are still left, may I suggest reading the book "Losing the Signal"

It's about the rise and fall of BlackBerry and it's a great read. Talks about some of the humble beginnings and goes into some greater detail about the product, services and some challenges as well.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I've read the book and it's not a bad read.

I must be one of those 23 million diehards too, still using my 9810 and Playbook bridged. Recently my battery on the 9810 died and my wife thought thats it he's got to get a new phone now (thinking it had a fixed internal battery) but I said nope I've just bought a new battery for it! She went on to say I don't know what you are going to do when it does wear out, which is a good question, because I shall miss it terribly!
    06-23-16 07:21 AM

#luvmybb10os
    Most were likely BB OS devices, they've always made up the bulk of BB devices post BB10 launch IIRC.

For both BB OS and the Q5/10, the Classic was the upgrade/successor.
    06-23-16 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Very good book, there is one about Nokia's fall too but its not quite well known like losing the signal.. Such books are quite important to analyze what happened to giants like Nokia & BlackBerry.
    06-23-16 11:59 AM
    While I agree with you that chasing specs is no good.. and I'm all for BlackBerry and their modest specs (Which actually runs smooth).. I don't think we can say that Smartphones are about making calls, sending texts and Emails.. They've graduated from that school longtime ago.. So now people consider other elements when buying a smartphone..
    Like Snap chat and streaming movies or video on small screens? Just kidding somewhat....

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-23-16 01:28 PM
    Like Snap chat and streaming movies or video on small screens? Just kidding somewhat....

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Well yeah for some people xD.. Personally I'm not into social media and Netflix is just much better on the Laptop.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-23-16 01:31 PM
    GPS navigation and web browsing are two functions that are significantly affected by specs--much more so than social media, as far as I can tell.
    Sairos, skinnymike1 and web99 like this.
    06-23-16 02:43 PM
    GPS navigation and web browsing are two functions that are significantly affected by specs--much more so than social media, as far as I can tell.
    Yes, I think the Browser is the most important element in a phone..Tabs are Definitely much more practical than apps in terms of multi-tasking and switching between them.. and You need good specs to handle a lot of tabs.
    06-23-16 03:07 PM
    Yes, I think the Browser is the most important element in a phone..Tabs are Definitely much more practical than apps in terms of multi-tasking and switching between them.. and You need good specs to handle a lot of tabs.
    RAM... my friend!

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-24-16 04:59 AM
    My experience has been just the opposite Android is slow no matter what hardware you use. Samsung S6 Edge was the latest I owned and it's still can't hold a candle to the Passport or Z30.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly... I have used or had access to several Android devices, phones and tablets... a lot of them have been mid-ranged like Blu Phones, Alcatel, Mid Range Samsungs; and some have been higher range like the higher end galaxies and some nexuses (or Nexii lolol) tablets and phones.

Androids are all fast... in the beginning.... then they just start to get bogged down. I dunno if this is a user habit problem or what (cause I know people who can bring a gaming spec'd computer to its knees with their antics)... I think the only way to get back that experience would be to reflash, and even then it doesn't seem to last as long for some reason. That's not the case across the board as a Nexus 4 seems to give consistent strong performance from memory.

My main concern is the privacy (by the way, I hate S4** apps). I don't particularly like the hording of my data on their servers to serve their purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    06-24-16 07:43 AM
    My thoughts exactly... I have used or had access to several Android devices, phones and tablets... a lot of them have been mid-ranged like Blu Phones, Alcatel, Mid Range Samsungs; and some have been higher range like the higher end galaxies and some nexuses (or Nexii lolol) tablets and phones.

Androids are all fast... in the beginning.... then they just start to get bogged down. I dunno if this is a user habit problem or what (cause I know people who can bring a gaming spec'd computer to its knees with their antics)... I think the only way to get back that experience would be to reflash, and even then it doesn't seem to last as long for some reason. That's not the case across the board as a Nexus 4 seems to give consistent strong performance from memory.

My main concern is the privacy (by the way, I hate S4** apps). I don't particularly like the hording of my data on their servers to serve their purpose.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct their app permission or lack of control is abysmal. Though with Marshmallow you have a little better grip on that, still the devices are all slow the UI also feels very antiquated especially after one had been using a BlackBerry 10 device. The flow just feels better.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 08:02 AM
86 1234