Hello community,

I am very much interested in the ruling of the FTC and the decision to shed light where there is none.

Read the full article here: FTC Tells Amateur Bloggers to Disclose Freebies or Be Fined | Epicenter | Wired.com

Gadget bloggers and Amazon.com reviewers now must disclose freebies and financial interests or face fines up to $11,000, according to rules announced by federal regulators Monday in an attempt to make word-of-mouth endorsements on the net easier to believe.
    I wonder if this applies to CrackBerry.com, or even more, to my our beloved ninjas (salo) - can individuals fight this with freedom of speech?

Interesting times, once again!
    10-06-09 09:15 AM
    I agree with this...good luck enforcing it but I do agree....when I look something up I only focus on the negative reviews and do a reverse check list , since I do not believe the positive reviews.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 09:28 AM
    A law without an effective way of enforcing said law is as good as a mute, legless watchdog
    10-06-09 11:59 AM
    when I look something up I only focus on the negative reviews and do a reverse check list , since I do not believe the positive reviews.
    this made me laugh....

why do you believe the negative reviews then ?
    10-06-09 12:16 PM
    I've always wondered about sal's glowing endorsements of everything he touches. Does he do it cause he's really in love with everything, or does he do it because he knows thats the only way his video's won't get pulled. You have to take everything on the net with a grain of salt.
    10-06-09 12:51 PM
    this made me laugh....

why do you believe the negative reviews then ?
    It does sound so depressing doesnt it? What im trying to say is that i have realised that companies pay to have there products tested and potrayed in a positive light, or a company may want to boost sales of a product and have a employee make false claims on said product about how good the product really is. There is no reason for a company to make a bad claim in a open forum there for i read all the bad claims first and then try to get a real picture of said products performance by mixing in the good claims.

WARNING : THIS IS NOT A FOOL PROOF PLAN I DID BUY A STORM (LOL)
    10-06-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD