I'm at Pepcom's Digital Experience and while I was running the floor looking for exciting products to share with you— yeah, you—I noticed the saddest booth around.

I know everyone has been giving RIM for its recent troubles. OK, necessary clarification: We've been giving RIM a lot of for their recent difficulties. But remember, they were the company that brought email to your pocket. They owned the business market for years. I worked for companies that wouldn't even think about giving you email access on your phone if you didn't own a BlackBerry.

Now I'm staring at a booth with three PlayBooks. The devices that's currently dragging the company down. Why BlackBerry? Whyyyy? Throw some phones in there. Hire a contortionist! Or an acrobat or a pony or anything. Or, maybe follow a modified version of everyone's mom's best advice: If you don't have anything nice to show, don't come to the giant press swarm where jerks like me will relentlessly mock you. Or option C: Make something awesome again. You know you can do it.

This BlackBerry Booth Makes Me Sad

So they aren't showing off their phones? Jesus. It is amazing to me that they are still in business, I swear to God.
    01-10-12 10:00 AM
    No, the article is a little misleading. That was one of many booths, not the main one by any means. And while that one booth may have been small and not the best representation, if you look at the picture (in the article referenced above) all of the companies seem to have the same size area - a small table.

The real BlackBerry "booth" is huge, and way more awesome:

01-10-12 10:13 AM
    Just any old blog post is not news, clearly its far less. But if thats what works for the global media, why not everyone?
    01-10-12 10:20 AM
    The picture doesn't look all that shabby actually
    01-10-12 10:23 AM
    Well thank god for that then.
    01-10-12 10:49 AM
    The Pepcom website is awesome.

Pepcom-website-home
    01-10-12 12:27 PM
    here is Blackberry Booth tour @ CES 2012, Gizmodo has no clue what they are talking about.

01-11-12 02:05 PM
    lol @Rollingroc1988 - Hire a pony
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-11-12 02:41 PM
    haha can somebody please post this thread in the comments section of this blog?!

Nice finds, guys.
    01-11-12 03:18 PM
    Didn't tech blogs already report that RIM wouldn't have any new smartphones until MWC next Month??

I swear RIM needs a PR person that can talk smack back to these morons.
    01-12-12 08:11 AM
    RIM's corporate culture has always been do not talk bad about anyone. That is not a bad position to have, but they do need to shut them up with actions rather than words.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-12-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD