01-31-13 05:58 PM
130 12345 ...
tools
    They cant get 1 US carrier on board for this? tmob/sprint/vzw/att and no release til march is not all carrier fault
    if that were true, then why are carriers in other countries launching in the next week?

The phones are probably ready to go, but the carriers are nickel and diming RIM because they know they can
    01-30-13 11:22 AM
    It really is not important if it is the carrier or Blackberry's fault. The bottom line it is a disaster to the stock. Once it was known that there was a delay the stock started dropping and has not stopped. The new Blackberry needed to move mountains to have at least one US carrier on board to carry the phone at least some time in early Feb . Announcing in January and then deliver in March is about the worst thing that can happen to them. I have no confidence in AT&T and can understand they want to make sure they check out every angle to rip off their customers for more money. But the new Blackberry needed to use all their energy to see that it did not happen. I give all the carriers and the new Blackberry a failing score for this delay.
    I don't give BB the failing score, I lay it totally on the US carriers. Of the 4 largest mobile OS's on the market - iOS (Apple), Android (Google), WP (MS) and BB (BB now), 3 of them are US based companies.

It's protectionism. BB wants to get a piece of that pie. Badly. They're not the ones causing the delay. If it's not the carriers, then it's the US gov't trade agencies involved in it.
    syn-ack likes this.
    01-30-13 11:23 AM
    I'm so peeved! I blame AT&T for blowing my high for the day. I'm at work looking like someone ran over my cat! I don't blame BlackBerry, but AT&T can find a rusty nail and sit on it.
    01-30-13 11:24 AM
    honestly i dont know but it just seems odd to not get even 1 of them to have it available within 30 days of launch

I could see where there would be an agreement in place between say VZW and BlackBerry, where if VZW takes it to market, then no other carrier could do so before them (being that VZW is the biggest)

I know this sounds far fetched, but to me seems within the realm of possibility when it comes to negotiations between big corporations
    01-30-13 11:24 AM
    Bell and Telus Mobility = Verizon and AT&T
    Rogers Wireless = T-Mo and Metro
    Attached Thumbnails Blame Verizon / ATT, not Blackberry-pic.png  
    01-30-13 11:25 AM
    LOL I was chatting online with them before the event and they didn't have a clue about it.
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-30-13 11:26 AM
    This is a big blow to the US market for BlackBerry, the very market they needed to regain footing in. I can't for the life of me understand how these US carriers can't (or won't) get their sh*t together, the only thing that makes sense is that there is something to gain by them for delaying the release artificially or otherwise.
    I don't want to believe this is a concerted effort by four carriers to sink Blackberry, but it increasingly seems like this is a likely scenario.
    I don't believe that the four carriers would team up to do this to RIM. The business isn't important enough to them.

I stand by my own theory - the carriers know RIM desperately needs them in the US and are probably being brutal in the contractual negotiations because they can be.
    Blackberry has been working on this for a year, great presentation, and I am a diehard BB fan, so now I have to wait 2 more months for the device c'mon give me a break
    Flatman likes this.
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    Try this......................... AT&T

https://www.wireless.att.com//busine...id=EjMYhxds82G
    compare that against their central wireless page on their site where there's no mention of BB10 at all vs this site where it's front and center. Or here where it's one of the top stories on the scrolling ad. On the ATT site it's an after thought.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    Thats right I'm MAD (highly pissed off), March ...are you kidding me. There is no more RIM its now called BLACKBERRY and they messed up in the US market with a March released date. Its not totally the carriers fault. Here we go again
    Same here. Just called a local AT&T store
    And they didn't know anything about it. They took my number to check on it and called me back. I have to go to AT&T site and sign up for the phone release INFO, not a pre-order. I hope AT&T gets it in white or I may have to go to the "dark side" at Verizon.

This is frustrating at the very least..
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    This had pisses me off beyond belief .... Waited so long for this damn OS and phone and its getting looked at as a joke !!! Verizon could care less as long as there's apple and Samsung phones in stores. Really really sh*tyy
    01-30-13 11:34 AM
    Well I do know that some exec at VZN recently muttered some stuff about "we're going to do for WP8 what we did for Android". I find the entire lack of, or barely lip service tiny space given to BB10 on both Vzn's and ATT's websites extremely telling. They're not interested. If RIM was running any OS made in silicon valley or redmond on the Z10 phone I bet you'd see a change in attitude.
    Can you blame the carriers? RIM hasn't had a competitive, strong selling product in years.

Ok so maybe it is a concerted effort. I have no words. This is unbelievable.
    A little paranoid there, phone reps are notoriously underinformed about new releases, and especially a few hours after the news has broken. This is nothing new. They'll be caught up in a few days. (Not that I think that's ok, just how it tends to go)

Because the iPhone and Android phones are essentially the same devices iteration after iteration regardless of hardware.

Also, why would you reward a country that has snubbed BB's when you can sell more BB's to countries that still embrace it?
    iOS you are right about, but Sammy has been pushing the limits with hardware, and keeping fairly up to date with newest versions of Android. As much as I dislike them, they are putting out the best mix of features/products of any manufacturer.

And if you want to sell your new platform, consumerism happy USA is the turf you want to win on. RIM needs to sell these pricy new phones, not rely on OS7 models in developing countries. Thay also need to put it in their US enterprise users hands ASAP, and, of course, the Carriers, who purchase thousands/millions of devices to stock.
    01-30-13 11:39 AM
    My current phone works fine. I'm still under contract. If your current phone works fine what's the big deal?

Yes I know everyone has already been waiting a long time but it's not that much longer.
    ......because that phone is HOT.....on FIRE
    01-30-13 11:40 AM
    Bell and Telus Mobility = Verizon and AT&T
    Rogers Wireless = T-Mo and Metro
    The device has to be authorized to work on VZW's CDMA system. They generally won't add one you've bought elsewhere. (Not originally in VZW's system)
    howarmat likes this.
    01-30-13 11:43 AM
    Can you blame the carriers? RIM hasn't had a competitive, strong selling product in years.
    nope. But at least you're acknowledging who's NOT the ones responsible for the delay. If it's not the carriers, my next likely suspect would be the FTC.
    01-30-13 11:45 AM
    I don't give BB the failing score, I lay it totally on the US carriers. Of the 4 largest mobile OS's on the market - iOS (Apple), Android (Google), WP (MS) and BB (BB now), 3 of them are US based companies.

It's protectionism. BB wants to get a piece of that pie. Badly. They're not the ones causing the delay. If it's not the carriers, then it's the US gov't trade agencies involved in it.
    I agree. The phones are ready. they were given out at the events. My guess is that there is a clause in the agreement for the US carriers that no one carrier gets a release date advantage over another. I bet one carrier is holding everything up for all of the US. It sucks for sure. and I would be mad too... but honestly WHY would BlackBerry(nee RIM) hold the devices back from the US? it doesn't make any business sense for Blackberry to do so. Some carrier is probably still "testing" and messing it up for all you fine folks.
    01-30-13 11:46 AM
    Those of us who aren't going to be affording a BB10 anytime soon aren't too bothered by a March release date, because why would we be?
    Stop, take a breath, it will come.
    01-30-13 11:46 AM
    If Verizon indeed is the exclusive carrier for the white z10, how the **** do you give them an exclusive on it and not get them to release it sooner?
    01-30-13 11:48 AM
    This is a big blow to the US market for BlackBerry, the very market they needed to regain footing in. I can't for the life of me understand how these US carriers can't (or won't) get their sh*t together, the only thing that makes sense is that there is something to gain by them for delaying the release artificially or otherwise.
    I don't think it is them ganging up on rim so much as it is simply the fact that they do not really care either way what devices they sell and thus have no interest in not dragging on their overly slow approval process, they will happily sell somebody an ios or android device instead after all.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    nope. But at least you're acknowledging who's NOT the ones responsible for the delay. If it's not the carriers, my next likely suspect would be the FTC.
    It could very well be the carriers. Considering BB's track record in the states lately, I would understand them waiting for a month to see how sales and customer opinions go before dumping millions of dollars on stock to try and sell. That said, it is odd that none of them grabbed it right away. I would have expected sprint and t-mobile to have them right away if anything. They generally have a decent BB customer base.
    Those of us who aren't going to be affording a BB10 anytime soon aren't too bothered by a March release date, because why would we be?
    Stop, take a breath, it will come.
    You know what's funny? I can't get a BB10 immediately either and I'm in Canada. Oh yeah I forgot, we have contracts in North America.
    But why the exclusive on white for VZW? This is not good news lol. ATT hasn't even announced it yet. Sprint and VZW have
    I can't believe it. I wanted the White do bad.
    01-30-13 11:51 AM
    Can you go to Canada, buy one off contract and use it on a network in the USA?
    01-30-13 11:56 AM
    If the UK release as well as the soon to follow other releases does well (or better then well) watch how fast the carriers 'fix' whatever stupid a$$ issue there seems to be.
    01-30-13 11:56 AM
130 12345 ...