What do I need to know about this app? Is it a good app and what will it cost me to use it?
    12-12-09 05:53 PM
    There is already a very long thread on Blackstar. Briefly - it is freeware. It depends on what you want to do - it is generally intended for geo-caching but it can lead you to any coordinate position but it is not a "driving" gps for routing on streets.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/bla...ng-app-183917/
    Last edited by F2; 12-12-09 at 06:53 PM.
    12-12-09 06:50 PM
    I'm just wondering if it would track my boat course on the lake? Such things as mph, route traveled, and distance traveled? That is what I was hoping for. Will BlackStar do that? Also, what's the best app for using GPS in the car?
    Thanks
    12-13-09 12:52 AM
    I have to admit that I have not used Blackstar that often in its newest versions to know what it does with tracking or showing tracking.

Gpslogger does do what you want. It will not show the track against a map as it is happening but it can send its log to a computer where you can map with with various mapping software including Garmin apps and or googleearth. It will show your track as a line or loop or squiggly whatever track you've taken on its screen and you could retrace it. It also shows elevation tracking, too, but unless you do waterfalls, that won't be that helpful on a lake (G)
    12-13-09 09:17 AM
    Yes BlackStar can track route and display your speed and distance travelled, in knots and nautical miles if you want. You can then export the track in GPX or KML format to your computer for google earth or google maps.
    12-13-09 04:21 PM
    I was hoping someone with more Blackstar experience, such as you, one of its creators, would jump in.
    12-13-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD