3 days with the Blackphone... and I'm loving it!!!
    Hi, would you be so kind as to create a new thread with your feedback on the Blackphone? It would probably have to be in the off-topic forum or somewhere more appropriate since it's not a BB. Even AndroidCentral doesn't have a section for it. Did you get the Blackphone 2? Thanks
    12-01-15 04:04 AM
    Does Blackphone provide some kind of BES like functionality? Also isn't a BlackBerry 10 unit, with SECU chip more secure than a Blackphone?

It seems like Blackphone is a different solution than what BlackBerry is offering. Blackphone is not an EMM provider from what I can tell. May not be fair to compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    JC said BlackBerry 10 is the most secured OS. On an Android level, Bplackphone is may be better, but he didn't sound convincing. Then he said KNOX is comparable. On the Android side of things, BlackBerry has a long way to go.
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-01-15 04:50 AM
    Hi, would you be so kind as to create a new thread with your feedback on the Blackphone? It would probably have to be in the off-topic forum or somewhere more appropriate since it's not a BB. Even AndroidCentral doesn't have a section for it. Did you get the Blackphone 2? Thanks
    Sure, I will. And yes, I got the Blackphone 2
    12-01-15 09:03 AM
    And just let me tell you, I will keep the Blackphone but not leaving my Passport SE, what I'm going to change it for is the Classic. I haven't found any other phone better than Passport SE, so far.
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-01-15 09:13 AM
    When a CEO says that about a competitor, he is worried.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-01-15 03:38 PM
    Maybe it's sad THAT there isn't a market (for this business model, not the business model and idea of secure and private comms in itself), I mean that people aren't really interested...
    I think in the long term there will be a market.

The really sad thing is that the majority of people typically wait until something happens.

Example:
    Apps permission control was always a very good idea, which is why we got it already with BBOS almost 10 years ago.
    However, the vast majority of people is on Android and finally, after seven years, Google has the brilliant flash of genius to implement apps permission control in Marshmallow.
    I personally see this move in the light of all the bad news we've heard about malicious apps in Google Playstore this year.

Just because people don't buy BB10 now, doesn't mean it isn't the right product for the market.
    12-02-15 06:24 AM
    "Amateur hour is over" was the Playbooks tag line. How dare they!!
    There's a real irony in that.
    12-02-15 06:45 AM
    JC said BlackBerry 10 is the most secured OS. On an Android level, Bplackphone is may be better, but he didn't sound convincing. Then he said KNOX is comparable. On the Android side of things, BlackBerry has a long way to go.
    Chen actually said that Blackphone and Knox are the only other ones who may be able to CLAIM they are equal or better relative to the initial release of the Priv. He also said that the Priv will get more secure over time, in no small measure due to Android M and other enhancements.

The BlackBerry blog post linked to above shows how many aspects of the Priv are superior to anything else out there.
    12-02-15 06:57 AM
    Chen actually said that Blackphone and Knox are the only other ones who may be able to CLAIM they are equal or better relative to the initial release of the Priv. He also said that the Priv will get more secure over time, in no small measure due to Android M and other enhancements.

The BlackBerry blog post linked to above shows how many aspects of the Priv are superior to anything else out there.
    The fact that Chen openly praise a competitor while the CEO of BlackPhone repetitively talk down BlackBerry, shows who is nervous about this competition.

Keep in mind where did BlackPhone get their name from. Who made Black the color of security?

pomidor and gfondeur like this.
    12-02-15 09:00 AM
    The fact that Chen openly praise a competitor while the CEO of BlackPhone repetitively talk down BlackBerry, shows who is nervous about this competition.

Keep in mind where did BlackPhone get their name from. Who made Black the color of security?
    The color black as relates to security predates Blackberry by a long shot. It always has. The color black represents the hidden and unknown. Black-Ops, Black Hat, Cloak & Dagger, The Shadow, etc... all use or infer the color black because of it's psychological impact. Insinuating that BlackPhone somehow copied it from BlackBerry (which is more a reference to a fruit than anything else) is misplaced.
    zephyr613 and JeepBB like this.
    12-02-15 10:47 AM
    What is BlackBerry doing about this? There's an Australian article I saw here at work where their CEO is saying that they will be bigger than BlackBerry in 18 months or so...and their phones are sold out on a regular basis.

Should BlackBerry be worried?

Posted via CB10
    No. I have never seen one. Not a single financial institution here in Canada uses one or even allows as a BYOD.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    12-02-15 10:58 AM
    The color black as relates to security predates Blackberry by a long shot. It always has. The color black represents the hidden and unknown. Black-Ops, Black Hat, Cloak & Dagger, The Shadow, etc... all use or infer the color black because of it's psychological impact..
    Will we ever see a Men in white with T.L. Jones and W. Smith?
    gfondeur likes this.
    12-02-15 11:27 AM
    The color black as relates to security predates Blackberry by a long shot. It always has. The color black represents the hidden and unknown. Black-Ops, Black Hat, Cloak & Dagger, The Shadow, etc... all use or infer the color black because of it's psychological impact. Insinuating that BlackPhone somehow copied it from BlackBerry (which is more a reference to a fruit than anything else) is misplaced.
    But in phone making business, nobody else has used Black in their brand.

Let's see, I am starting a company, aiming at making secure smart phones, nobody else except BlackBerry is making secure smart phones for government and military and regulated markets. They are in trouble right now with a dated OS, market is calling for secure smartphones in Android and BlackBerry is ignoring that calling, which creates an opportunity.

Okay I am going in, making smartphones directly competing with BlackBerry in this space... heads on! BlackBerry is an established brand in this space and I am a new guy in the block. What name should I use?

Hmm... I am going to call it BlackPhone, it's not influenced by BlackBerry 's brand recognition at all but because Black is the color for security. Of course I have to use color in my brand (guys like Apple, Samsung and Microsoft don't know what they are doing), and of course it has to be Black. Nobody should insinuate I am borrowing BlackBerry 's influence in this particular space, where only one player existed before me with a significant footprint

It's completely unrelated incident that both of us are gaming at each other, going after each other's clients, and have Black in our brand names. No, my decision on the name choice has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

And this line of thinking is not ridiculous at all.

pomidor and gfondeur like this.
    12-02-15 12:59 PM
    Not completely ridiculous, but I think it's making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
    12-02-15 08:39 PM
    [QUOTE aha]
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639[/QUOTE]

lol
    That's a good one, thanks for that
    12-03-15 10:19 AM
    Have you ever seen a BlackPhone Ad?

We are talking different markets here.... Blackphones CEO is talking about how his business is growing and they are becoming THE phone for Government and Regulated Industries. Even BlackBerry's CEO said that what they have right now isn't as good as Blackphone.

I'm sure with time to make improvements and once Android M has been updated to the PRIV, then at that point BlackBerry might start "marketing" to the same "niche" that Blackphone is currently taking over.
    The BlackBerry CO said what they have on android is as good as a blackphone. He was talking about the priv and securing android. He wasn't talking about all BlackBerry devices which remain the most secure to date. Android is porous and the priv and blackphone are about the best two secure android devices. What the CO wasn't gonna do, was to outrightly boast that the priv was more secure at the time of launch. With various tweaks and updates, we'd see what either phone has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 02:27 AM
66 123