What is BlackBerry doing about this? There's an Australian article I saw here at work where their CEO is saying that they will be bigger than BlackBerry in 18 months or so...and their phones are sold out on a regular basis.

Should BlackBerry be worried?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:10 AM
    I don't see why BlackBerry should be. We haven't been relevant to the public in years. Without us BlackBerry die hards they wouldn't be around. I think the Black Phone is the least of there worries. Focus on staying relevant by any means even getting into bed with Android. (PUKE).

#teamBB #BB10diehard

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    11-17-15 08:16 AM
    I tend to be of the thinking of, if you have to trash your competitors to justify yourself, you're really not that great. Product should speak for itself.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:26 AM
    I tend to be of the thinking of, if you have to trash your competitors to justify yourself, you're really not that great. Product should speak for itself.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. BlackBerry products for years have always been of quality and precision.. Our only fault well one of many I believe was pathetic and minimal to zero marketing.. and pushed towards adults, Executive level people and career minded. Which is fine but Apple/Android jumped on the largest pie piece which was younger population. Nonetheless I love BlackBerry and what it does for me in business and personal

TCB on Z10 and gfondeur like this.
    11-17-15 08:31 AM
    I agree. BlackBerry products for years have always been of quality and precision.. Our only fault well one of many I believe was pathetic and minimal to zero marketing.. and pushed towards adults, Executive level people and career minded. Which is fine but Apple/Android jumped on the largest pie piece which was younger population. Nonetheless I love BlackBerry and what it does for me in business and personal

Have you ever seen a BlackPhone Ad?

We are talking different markets here.... Blackphones CEO is talking about how his business is growing and they are becoming THE phone for Government and Regulated Industries. Even BlackBerry's CEO said that what they have right now isn't as good as Blackphone.

I'm sure with time to make improvements and once Android M has been updated to the PRIV, then at that point BlackBerry might start "marketing" to the same "niche" that Blackphone is currently taking over.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    11-17-15 08:38 AM
    Have you ever seen a BlackPhone Ad?

We are talking different markets here.... Blackphones CEO is talking about how his business is growing and they are becoming THE phone for Government and Regulated Industries. Even BlackBerry's CEO said that what they have right now isn't as good as Blackphone.

I'm sure with time to make improvements and once Android M has been updated to the PRIV, then at that point BlackBerry might start "marketing" to the same "niche" that Blackphone is currently taking over.
    Basically, Basically, the Blackphone provides a good level of encryption between you and the target of your communication (VoIP). It does not provide any protection over the standard GSM/WCDMA radio. It also doesn�t provide any hardware-level security, except for the encrypted file system. Assuming the encryption doesn�t have some kind of back. door, and that Zimmerman�s clever crypto scheme isn�t flawed, the Blackphone probably stops the NSA (and other intelligence agencies) from scanning the contents of your data packets. If you really believe that the NSA is interested in the minutiae of your everyday life, then by all means use the Blackphone.

11-17-15 08:45 AM
    Does Blackphone provide some kind of BES like functionality? Also isn't a BlackBerry 10 unit, with SECU chip more secure than a Blackphone?

It seems like Blackphone is a different solution than what BlackBerry is offering. Blackphone is not an EMM provider from what I can tell. May not be fair to compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 08:59 AM
    Does Blackphone provide some kind of BES like functionality? Also isn't a BlackBerry 10 unit, with SECU chip more secure than a Blackphone?

It seems like Blackphone is a different solution than what BlackBerry is offering. Blackphone is not an EMM provider from what I can tell. May not be fair to compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    I know Obama and Clinton use BlackBerrys, not Blackphones.

BB, Still the One
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-17-15 09:08 AM
    Bottom line is its Apples and Oranges. BlackBerry is secure with what they do and do well. Honestly who cares what Blackphone says or does. It's not enough to make or break BlackBerry themselves as they will do it to themselves. I think this thread is much to do about nothing and it's not worth continuing on this topic

454vette and gfondeur like this.
    11-17-15 12:31 PM
    BlackPhone as I understand puts the privacy and control in the users hands. BlackBerry handles this differently, they put that control in the hands of your IT department through BES. It is a much different method. Also remember that BlackBerry lost customers in the past and have been gaining them back with BES12. It all looks good on paper, people can make claims but they have to demonstrate that their software is practical to use. BES12 seems to be a practical solution.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-17-15 12:48 PM
    Never heard someone used Blackphone at all, wish try to use one.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 01:30 PM
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberry-vs-bl...nd-perception/

I like this. Reality vs perception.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 05:06 PM
    Is this any different than "Tools not Toys" Or John Chen saying (wrongly) that he "Guarantees the Passport won't bend" as a shot at Apple?They are competitors and are going to take shots at each other when they can.
    11-17-15 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tools not toys eh!
    11-17-15 06:49 PM
    How criminally slanderous. Off with his head
    11-17-15 07:08 PM
    Is this any different than "Tools not Toys" Or John Chen saying (wrongly) that he "Guarantees the Passport won't bend" as a shot at Apple?They are competitors and are going to take shots at each other when they can.
    Now, now.... lets be fair with Chen.

Back to the point of this thread of Blackphone vs. BlackBerry, John Chen said nice things about Blackphone's security (for an Android) a couple of weeks ago, and half of Crackberry and cheap shot bloggers were up in arms thinking he was crazy talking up a competitor. So I wouldn't put Chen is the same category as Mr. Blackphone CEO.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:15 PM
    "Amateur hour is over" was the Playbooks tag line. How dare they!!
    eldricho and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    11-17-15 07:16 PM
    Can BlackBerry not just buy Black phone out?

I don't know much about their product or how big their company is but buying them out would shut them up.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-17-15 07:23 PM
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberry-vs-bl...nd-perception/

I like this. Reality vs perception.

Posted via CB10
    This blog made me feel better, thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 07:25 PM
    Yawn.. this thread has wore me out. Who cares end of the day.

11-17-15 07:57 PM
    Now, now.... lets be fair with Chen.

Back to the point of this thread of Blackphone vs. BlackBerry, John Chen said nice things about Blackphone's security (for an Android) a couple of weeks ago, and half of Crackberry and cheap shot bloggers were up in arms thinking he was crazy talking up a competitor. So I wouldn't put Chen is the same category as Mr. Blackphone CEO.

Posted via CB10
    Valid points, though I thought Chen shouldn't have said what he did.
    11-17-15 08:03 PM
    Blackphone hasn't even established their fanbase.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-17-15 09:14 PM
    Tools not toys eh!
    Yea didn't care much for that either.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:52 AM
    "Amateur hour is over" was the Playbooks tag line. How dare they!!
    LOL was it really? The launch PlayBook was an amateur product ironically.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-15 06:53 AM
    Can BlackBerry not just buy Black phone out?

I don't know much about their product or how big their company is but buying them out would shut them up.
    Silent Circle and SGP Technologies (the owners of the Blackphone) are privately funded companies. Unless they put themselves up for sale, that's not gonna happen. Even if they were publicly funded, any amount to even garner their interest or consideration in being bought would be so obscenely expensive, BBRY couldn't afford it.
    11-18-15 09:55 AM
66 123