A team of encryption expects (founders of PGP) are working on a new device called the Blackphone.

Claims that it will be 100% private, though I read its based off Android, so unsure how that will work. Bold claims considering we have Blackberries which are secure already.

Sources:
    https://www.blackphone.ch/
    Back off, NSA: Blackphone promises to be the first privacy-focused smartphone
    01-15-14 05:45 AM
    Time wil tell.

I buy BlackBerry for security first and foremost.
    Jrox74, nt300, Blacklatino and 1 others like this.
    01-15-14 05:47 AM
    The name, Blackphone, seriously? I guess imitation is the biggest form of flattery.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-15-14 06:48 AM
    I know this has probably been debated before, so I apologize in advance. But if you are not on BES or even BIS (No BIS on BB10 from what I understand) are BlackBerry phones still more secure than other smartphones out there?

Posted via CB10
    jason9900 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:55 AM
    Claiming to be 100% is only really going to encourage the haxx0rs and l33ts to get working harder!

Never mind what the NSA feel about that sort of claim (if you subscribe to that theory, of course).
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    01-15-14 06:58 AM
    A team of encryption expects (founders of PGP) are working on a new device called the Blackphone.

Claims that it will be 100% private, though I read its based off Android, so unsure how that will work. Bold claims considering we have Blackberries which are secure already.

Sources:
    It's using a hardened version of Android and looks to be more secure than iOS, regular Android and BlackBerry 10.
    I sincerely hope so... It's high time ordinary citizens were protected from routine government snooping.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    01-15-14 06:58 AM
    Hmm.. interesting. This will surely trigger live discussions.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:59 AM
    I know this has probably been debated before, so I apologize in advance. But if you are not on BES or even BIS (No BIS on BB10 from what I understand) are BlackBerry phones still more secure than other smartphones out there?

Posted via CB10
    Nope.
    Even BES/BES10 isn't unhackable.
    mornhavon and Poirots Progeny like this.
    01-15-14 06:59 AM
    Claiming to be 100% is only really going to encourage the haxx0rs and l33ts to get working harder!

Never mind what the NSA feel about that sort of claim (if you subscribe to that theory, of course).
    Who's betting the NSA will obtain a Blackphone?
    01-15-14 07:01 AM
    It's using a hardened version of Android and looks to be more secure than iOS, regular Android and BlackBerry 10.
    I sincerely hope so... It's high time ordinary citizens were protected from routine government snooping.
    Kind of like the Android Secure Edition (SE) that is running Samsung KNOX? Huge gaping security hole there too. Also, NSA spent literally MILLIONS of dollars trying to secure Android so far, and no dice yet.
    deezy87, Q10Bold, R Field and 3 others like this.
    01-15-14 07:04 AM
    Kind of like the Android Secure Edition (SE) that is running Samsung KNOX? Huge gaping security hole there too. Also, NSA spent literally MILLIONS of dollars trying to secure Android so far, and no dice yet.
    I guess we watch and wait. I don't believe one platform is ever 100% secure/private, if these guys have solved it then that's awesome.
    adjdudley21, Barljo and mornhavon like this.
    01-15-14 07:10 AM
    Nope.
    Even BES/BES10 isn't unhackable.
    That is like saying Mount Everest can be climbed.. Haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    sianto and milo53 like this.
    01-15-14 07:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is for now since just by being the small minority, BB are not targeted by spyware etc plagued by the other two. Much like Windows and MacOS.
    sianto likes this.
    01-15-14 07:15 AM
    i justed posted a thread about that phone and its makers
    see it
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...2/#post9854460
    01-15-14 07:15 AM

Sources:
    haha the irony of these two lines amuses me. Anyone name what PGP means?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-15-14 07:17 AM
    That is like saying Mount Everest can be climbed.. Haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    It can. With preparation and the right equipment

Seriously, I'm curious about how secure BES/BES10 is. Anyone have stats?
    01-15-14 07:29 AM
    It can. With preparation and the right equipment

Seriously, I'm curious about how secure BES/BES10 is. Anyone have stats?
    It all depends on configuration. Some versions of BES you can still use 3DES encryption. Others (and the standard) is AES256 bit encryption. In some aspects of BES10 you can use ECC as well. BlackBerry is the most secure commercially available solution. (Also keep in mind you can layer ADDITIONAL encryption on top of BES so that there is no one encryption end to end)
    Pete The Penguin and nt300 like this.
    01-15-14 07:40 AM
    It all depends on configuration. Some versions of BES you can still use 3DES encryption. Others (and the standard) is AES256 bit encryption. In some aspects of BES10 you can use ECC as well. BlackBerry is the most secure commercially available solution. (Also keep in mind you can layer ADDITIONAL encryption on top of BES so that there is no one encryption end to end)
    Thank you for answering.
    01-15-14 07:49 AM
    Really now....
    01-15-14 07:57 AM
    Thank you for answering.
    You are quite welcome
    01-15-14 08:05 AM
    If you're an Ordinary citizen then you should not worry about any snooping... Because there would be no reason to be snooped upon if you are not doing stuff out of the ordinary.
    01-15-14 08:10 AM
    If you're an Ordinary citizen then you should not worry about any snooping... Because there would be no reason to be snooped upon if you are not doing stuff out of the ordinary.
    This privacy debate has happened countless times. The answer is both yes and no. Ordinary citizen obeying the laws does have nothing to worry about, but then again, an ordinary citizen shouldnt be under surveilance if they are not breaking laws now should they lol

There is no right, or wrong answer, it all depends on your personal philosophy.
    01-15-14 08:14 AM
    You should also look at the QSAlpha made by Chinese manufacturer Quasars. They're claiming that their the most secured and they use ECC and AES encryption methods same as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:14 AM
    You should also look at the QSAlpha made by Chinese manufacturer Quasars. They're claiming that their the most secured and they use ECC and AES encryption methods same as BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    To me, and to most world governments, this is HIGHLY suspect.

If you want truly secure communications, you need the Sectera Edge device and back end server. For a mere 30,000 or so you can have peace of mind haha.

http://www.gdc4s.com/sectera-edge-(s...roddetail.html
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-15-14 08:16 AM
    This privacy debate has happened countless times. The answer is both yes and no. Ordinary citizen obeying the laws does have nothing to worry about, but then again, an ordinary citizen shouldnt be under surveilance if they are not breaking laws now should they lol

There is no right, or wrong answer, it all depends on your personal philosophy.
    Governments snoop on their citizens. Why?
    Because they can.

Saw this earlier "NSA bulk surveillance has 'no discernible impact' on the prevention of terrorism" - http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...-report-on-nsa
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    01-15-14 08:19 AM
103 123 ...