On the Blacklist tonight, BBRY was mentioned and while throwing the name out there can be a good thing, not so much the way it was tonight.

The main character played by James Spader (Red) is asking a drug dealer about about Hydroxypam to which the dealer says...

"Sure ya, I know all about that. That and Beta Max and the BlackBerry".

Red says, "I don't understand the reference"

Dealers responds "nobody wants it"

Now, I get the reason by the writers to use BBRY as a filler in this analogy but that's not the kind press BBRY needs at this point.

I really like the show, but I'm really bummed they slammed BBRY like that.

Thoughts CB Nation?

From my Vader Zed
    Creativeink72 likes this.
    01-27-14 10:32 PM
    Super lame joke.
    If I watched that show, I wouldn't anymore lol.
    01-27-14 10:39 PM
    I caught it and rolled my eyes. Every american show that tries too hard to be edgy must have an uber-nerd, even if that nerd is 'the nicest drug dealer you'll ever meet'. I find it really difficult to watch Criminal Minds, Hawaii 5-0 and both NCIS shows because of the irritating and totally unrealistic uber-nerds. I really like James Spader, though, so I'll keep watching Blacklist.

The episode finished with a Gordon Lightfoot song - perhaps to appease the canadian viewers?
    01-27-14 11:13 PM
    I saw it too. Wasn't amused

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-27-14 11:28 PM
    On the other side of the coin, I've noticed BB10's in many Americain shows lately. They obviously don't mention them by name, but you can see them clear as day. I wonder if BlackBerry pays to do this? Knowing the unpopularity of BlackBerry in the States, I can only imagine it so.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:57 PM
    Yup, caught it yesterday and was thinking that the guy was probably referring to the Legacy phones. Still love the show though and it is BlackBerry 's responsibility to overcome this perception.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-28-14 07:00 AM
    I saw it last night as well. I watched it with my friend, and both of us have Z10s. We both laughed at it because it was so random.
    01-28-14 07:19 AM
    I notice more 9900's in US shows than BB10's. Most cops still carry them.
    01-28-14 07:50 AM
    Hahaha I saw this too. I had to rewind it to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. And sure enough it was a cheap shot to BlackBerry.

I do LOVE The show and I think it's a genius of a show. However, that reference I didn't like :-P

As another person posted above, it is BlackBerry's job to overcome that. They are the ones who put themselves in that situation by being stubborn and taking forever to release bb10 and now they need to come back and remake their image.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:56 AM