Well after being away for a few month I have come back but have noticed that 80 percent of all the folks I knew are on either the iphone or the android service. I was told by a few that the blackberry is a "boring device" and that the iphone and droids are the device of choice. Well makes you think where is the blackberry going and well how long before we all go over to the other side(again)...

Thanks folks and please no flaming as I am just asking a question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by emscapt47; 02-23-11 at 08:46 PM.
    02-23-11 10:23 AM
    02-23-11 10:36 AM
    I'm pretty excited about where BB is going. I'll be picking up a playbook and a bold touch when they come out. I personally really don't like android phones. I don't like the slab phone much and I'm not a fan of the OS from a performance or appearance perspective. I like the iphone but prefer BB for appearance and the operating system. That's just me. I'm guessing there are enough people out there to support all three platforms. I also like the look of the Palm Pre 3 but you didn't mention HP.
    SB83 likes this.
    02-23-11 10:41 AM
    Not going to Android, but I will buy an iP5 to go along with my trusted BBerries. I want to try out the iPhone, I'd bought one once but I returned it when some things about it didn't work for me.
    Now I'll get one to use as a companion, not a replacement.
    02-23-11 11:57 AM
    Honestly, even looking at the "roadmap" I am way underwhelmed. Not one of the
    new devices excite me as they are ALL rehashes of what is currently available (with
    minor and incremental tweaks.) The Playbook (stupid name and all) is a total
    non-starter in my book. I will be buying a tablet but that one I can assure you will
    not be it.

I can understand why people leave the platform (though I wish they would go
    away quietly) and move on to the others. RIM = Staid, static and, well, boring.
    Functional as h3ll, YES but certainly not one given to innovation.
    02-23-11 12:44 PM
    Honestly, even looking at the "roadmap" I am way underwhelmed. Not one of the
    new devices excite me as they are ALL rehashes of what is currently available (with
    minor and incremental tweaks.) The Playbook (stupid name and all) is a total
    non-starter in my book. I will be buying a tablet but that one I can assure you will
    not be it.

I can understand why people leave the platform (though I wish they would go
    away quietly) and move on to the others. RIM = Staid, static and, well, boring.
    Functional as h3ll, YES but certainly not one given to innovation.
    This is a great analogy! I still think BB is for me personally. I've tried droid and ios....I even have an ipad, but to carry around day to day and get the most out of a device, I don't think anything is better than my BB.

I do see how someone could think it's more boring than other platforms, but for functionality I like BB.
    SB83 likes this.
    02-23-11 01:57 PM
    This is a great analogy! I still think BB is for me personally. I've tried droid and ios....I even have an ipad, but to carry around day to day and get the most out of a device, I don't think anything is better than my BB.

I do see how someone could think it's more boring than other platforms, but for functionality I like BB.
    Exactly, and thanks for not playing the "hater" card. I'm not. The platform, warts and all, serves me well and I expect it will continue to. I just never get upset by people that see the benefit of the others and I try to look objectively at what every platform brings to the table.

From where I sit, RIM is holding steady with the upcoming devices. RIMs competition is however moving ahead. WAY ahead.

02-23-11 07:29 PM
    The newer phones coming out aren't gonna blow away the competition, but I think they will be excellent for current BB users including myself.

02-23-11 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD