Is it BlackBerrys or Blackberries? Whenever I have to write about multiple BlackBerry devices I'm not sure how to spell the plural form. Can anyone help?
    Also, is the Z30 pronounced Zee 30 or Zed 30?
    Thanks for the help.
    12-16-13 06:32 PM
    It's BlackBerrys for the brand/devices. It's Blackberries for the actual fruit.
    BBUniq01 likes this.
    12-16-13 06:36 PM
    Is it BlackBerrys or Blackberries? Whenever I have to write about multiple BlackBerry devices I'm not sure how to spell the plural form. Can anyone help?
    Also, is the Z30 pronounced Zee 30 or Zed 30?
    Thanks for the help.
    BlackBerry representatives spoke about this at one point in time and I think that the preferred way was BlackBerry devices. If you are looking for more of a layman's use of the term, BlackBerrys would be more appropriate as BlackBerry is a brand/proper name.

Edited to add: I don't want to start the "Z" war again so I'll go with it is pronounced however you pronounce the letter "Z" in your country. I'm in the US and will always say Zee10 or Zee30. If you are elsewhere, go with Zed10 or Zed30. In this case the proper name includes the letter "Z"; the letter "Z" by itself is not a proper name.
    12-16-13 06:36 PM
    Well the plural of Blackberry would be Blackberries. The possessive would be. Blackberry's. But I'm not sure how that would apply to the device.

I think the best way is what someone said above which is Blackberry devices. Blackberries doesn't feel right.

And it's Zee in the US and I believe it's Zed for the British and some Canadians, as well as other places.
    12-16-13 06:38 PM
    BlackBerrys for plural? just as the Toronto Maple Leafs instead of Leaves.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:45 PM
    BlackBerrys as it is a brand name they do not do ies for their brand.... this was taught to me very hard when i used to work there
    12-16-13 06:48 PM
    It's the same with any proper name, be it a person or a brand.

BlackBerry devices or BlackBerrys. Also now that the company is called BlackBerry and not RIM depending on the context you could also have BlackBerry's devices.

Never blackberries unless referring to the fruit. Also note the two capital B's in the brand name.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:55 PM
    Well the plural of Blackberry would be Blackberries. The possessive would be. Blackberry's. But I'm not sure how that would apply to the device.

I think the best way is what someone said above which is Blackberry devices. Blackberries doesn't feel right.

And it's Zee in the US and I believe it's Zed for the British and some Canadians, as well as other places.
    Ya it's Zed up here in Canada, we call the phone a Zed10.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:59 PM
    BlackBerry's

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:03 PM
    It is most definitely BlackBerrys. See this entry in the AP Stylebook. I haven't bought a new version since the company name change, however this rule hasn't changed.

Blackberrys vs Blackberries: What is the plural of the word BlackBerry?-img_00001377.jpg

Posted via CB10
    avt123 likes this.
    12-16-13 07:04 PM
    And it is most definitely NOT "BlackBerry's." Apostrophes don't form plurals.

BlackBerry's

Posted via CB10
    avt123 and 21stNow like this.
    12-16-13 07:05 PM
    And it is most definitely NOT "BlackBerry's." Apostrophes don't form plurals.
    No, not in that case. But as I said above, now that the company name has changed, BlackBerry's is correct in the context of BlackBerry's devices or even BlackBerry's BlackBerrys denoting position by BlackBerry or the BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:17 PM
    No, not in that case. But as I said above, now that the company name has changed, BlackBerry's is correct in the context of BlackBerry's devices or even BlackBerry's BlackBerrys denoting position by BlackBerry or the BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    I put Blackberries in your BlackBerrys so you could have BlackBerry's BlackBerry devices.

Blackberrys vs Blackberries: What is the plural of the word BlackBerry?-xzibit.png
    avt123, Saiga and outlooker like this.
    12-16-13 07:51 PM
    Well, yes, you can say, "BlackBerry's devices." But my response was to another comment answering the OP simply with "BlackBerry's." And in no case do apostrophes form plurals -- except when giving the plural of a single letter: A's, B's, C's. You're using it as a possessive, and that's fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:00 PM