I'm praying that the powers that be may take notice of this thread.

Blackberry's advertising campaign sucks the bone.

It needs irreverent humor and clear communication.

If Blackberry cannot communicate its brand clearly to the market, no one will believe in its products' communication abilities.

There is gold in the name Blackberry.

For example you could build a campaign around the fact that you can't eat this Blackberry.

The Blackberry Live opening was an unmitigated disaster and spoke most clearly to the fact that, as capable as upper management may be, they have NO clue how to promote their products or speak to their market. Saturday Night Live could not have spoofed it any better than these stiff-as-boards, multi-national, utter bores did.

Blackberry has an OUTSTANDING platform. Thank you TH, et al for getting us to this point. Now please show some good sense and find the best creative team available to take it from here. If you don't you will surely have no chance.
    07-03-13 07:16 PM
    07-03-13 07:21 PM
    Agreed.
    Show a bunch of guys asking Siri "what are you wearing"
    Then bbry users getting things done....without typos

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 08:13 PM
    Perhaps the Crackberry community could help out in this regard by creating new commercials for BlackBerry. To really prove what the devices can do, the commercials should be created entirely on a BlackBerry device and uploaded onto YouTube. Maybe a new contest is in order..... I can already think of quite a few scenarios where BB10 saves the day!

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    07-03-13 10:30 PM
    My friend and I were discussing this very topic yesterday.

What I think BlackBerry needs to do is stop showing just the phone and create more of a connection to the buying audience. Right now people watching a BlackBerry commercial see a smartphone but they don't connect to the product.

How does BlackBerry expect to create a connection to something when it's just showing the screen. BlackBerry needs to pull out and show the phone in real world use and how it improves people's lives.

My idea would be to have a BlackBerry family. They would be this perfect family, Mom, Dad and say 2 kids. The commercials would show how the different family members use their phones to connect with people in their lives and how the phone enables them to get things done. I'm obviously not a writer, but I'd like to see the commercials almost as a mini series. Show different circumstances and also moments within the commercial where the different family members talk, kind of like how Modern Family or The Office do it. Throw in some humor and a running series of commercials so people want to learn more about the family members and I think it could really work. I was also thinking of contrasting the "perfect family" with their friends who are using a phone from the competition and it would show a split second of things not going so great.

Like show the mom and one of her friends out at the coffee shop. They both have a baby or something big and awkward in one arm and their phone in the other. Show the mom's friend trying to awkwardly message while BlackBerry mom is just swiping messages like a pro.

Then you could show other family members from time to time, like grandparents, and show a family reunion. You could highlight how the Time Shift mode took great pictures, along with story maker and photo editing.

I'm rambling here but the point is BlackBerry needs to get away from showing features and they need to create stories and start showing the benefits of owning a BlackBerry.

The current commercials are better than their old ones but they still need to do better. Create that hook, draw people in and sell an idea. Then people will come in looking for BlackBerry not because of its a BlackBerry they want, they'll be coming in because they connected to an idea or the family members that they could relate to.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:28 AM
    How about a new marketing campaign using Star Trek characters like (the new) Spock and

Commander Data? It can speak to the future (with BB) and emphasize security ( also using

Worf or Tuvok) and efficiency and reliability, etc. etc. I'm convinced it would be a great

success!
    10-10-13 09:28 AM
    It is not that BlackBerry needs to add levity to their campaign, they need a campaign, perid.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-10-13 09:38 AM
    I've never seen an ad for BlackBerry. Ever. So yeah, they don't have much of a marketing campaign.

To make matters worse, I've learned here that some of their past ads were condescending and insulting ("Tools not Toys," "Amateur hour is over," etc.). Ads like that will only appeal to people who are already committed BlackBerry users. They won't win any converts, because users of iOS and Android know that their systems are not toys, nor are they amateurish.

In my opinion, what BlackBerry ought to do is find and highlight those areas where BlackBerry 10 is superior to iOS and Android. Demonstrate the things that BB10 can do better than the competition. That will at least give them a fighting chance of appealing to users of other platforms for whom those features are important.

Honestly, though, given the fact that BlackBerry is widely perceived as circling the drain, there's probably nothing they can do at this point to win over large numbers of new users. People who are reasonably happy with the platforms they're using will be very reluctant to invest in a platform that they think is about to fold, even if it looks like it might better suit their needs.
    10-10-13 10:39 AM
    Agreed.
    Show a bunch of guys asking Siri "what are you wearing"
    Then bbry users getting things done....without typos

Posted via CB10
    That's funny. I guess people on CB tend to be more keyboard centric than the general smartphone using population. Most current smartphone users hardly use the keyboard anymore, they just use Google Now or Siri. Even typing the URL into the browser is just spoken now along with search and just about everything else. Yeah BBRY missed it again. They concentrated on a fancy keyboard when everybody else was moving on to speech.
    10-10-13 10:56 AM
    That's funny. I guess people on CB tend to be more keyboard centric than the general smartphone using population. Most current smartphone users hardly use the keyboard anymore, they just use Google Now or Siri. Even typing the URL into the browser is just spoken now along with search and just about everything else. Yeah BBRY missed it again. They concentrated on a fancy keyboard when everybody else was moving on to speech.
    You can use the built in Voice Control app to do a lot of things in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:16 AM