Battery Life
    Up to 30.4 hours talk time
    Up to 20.8 days standby time
    Camera, Photos and Video
    5MP Front Facing Camera
    12MP HTC UltraPixel� Rear Facing Camera
    4K Video
    Memory
    4GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Up to 2TB Expandable Memory (Sold Separately)
    Connectivity
    Sync methods: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), UMTS/HSPA+ 450Mbps 4G LTE
    4G Capable
    4G LTE Capable
    Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling
    Audio and Multimedia
    T-Mobile TV
    GPS and Apps
    GPS enabled
    International
    Quad Band GSM; LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20; UMTS: Band I (2100), Band II (1900), Band III (1800), Band V (850)
    Hearing Aid Compatibility
    M4 & T4
    WEA Capable?*
    Yes
    Mobile Pay
    Compatible with Android Pay

This is what BlackBerry needs to make a major comeback and be a major player on the market..

BTW this is the new HTC 10 phone specs, HTC was on life support the last two years until they launch the "10" with top specs and now there's talk that HTC is back... so why not BlackBerry

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    toneytone and blackmass like this.
    06-01-16 10:34 AM
    This is an insane fantasy. Besides, even if they started this today, these specs would be out of date by time they launched.
    06-01-16 10:37 AM
    This but BB10 OS 10.4 instead of android and I'm in! I don't care if it has ART or not. Also make it water resistant.
    06-01-16 10:45 AM
    Nah, too late. It's like PC business, smartphone business 's prime has gone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-01-16 10:55 AM
    Um, first off, such a device would not be called the Z50 unless BlackBerry does an about face and revives BB10. It appears that the company prefers formal names for its recent devices, not cold letter/number combos. That said, and in keeping with the recent apparent fondness for the letter "P", I offer as possibilities the first two names that popped into mind as I write this on my Blue Classic: Pestilence and Promise.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-01-16 10:56 AM
    Moved to Concepts/Dream Devices forum.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-01-16 11:12 AM
    They should figure out how to cater to there accounts and the few Loyal BBOS folks and make it profitable in regards to the phone business. Trying to take on titans like Samsung at their own game is not working.

Jiggy1971
    06-01-16 11:24 AM
    Would be a great phone if released NOW!

But sales would still depend on marketing and very competitive pricing. Two things that I don't believe BlackBerry to be capable of due to their position in the market.

Did hear a "rumor" that the HTC 10 was selling very well (especially with the price dops - makes the PIV look silly at $650). So well that HTC might be backing out of building the next Nexus device in order to protect their own flagship. But I find it hard to believe that deal wasn't inked long ago and that changes at this date would not be possible.
    06-01-16 11:28 AM
    Would be a great phone if released NOW!

But sales would still depend on marketing and very competitive pricing. Two things that I don't believe BlackBerry to be capable of due to their position in the market.

Did hear a "rumor" that the HTC 10 was selling very well (especially with the price dops - makes the PIV look silly at $650). So well that HTC might be backing out of building the next Nexus device in order to protect their own flagship. But I find it hard to believe that deal wasn't inked long ago and that changes at this date would not be possible.
    Had a look yesterday at the new HTC 10 and it is a beautiful device. If I had to pick another phone right now (but I don't!), I think it would be the 10.
    06-01-16 11:33 AM
    Won't make much of a difference, when you looking at the premium market it's fair to say samsung and iphone really nail it down in that market,

To go up against those 2 with a company that's not even well known and to invest so much in that sort of device is financial suicide for blackberry.

Blackberry don't do the specs game. They a mid tier supplier.
    06-02-16 07:59 AM
    Won't make much of a difference, when you looking at the premium market it's fair to say samsung and iphone really nail it down in that market,

To go up against those 2 with a company that's not even well known and to invest so much in that sort of device is financial suicide for blackberry.

Blackberry don't do the specs game. They a mid tier supplier.
    The problem is they aren't even a builder anymore... they have to pay someone else to build their products. Which means a whole extra level of markups.

Now there is talk of BlackBerry trying to sell direct and becoming the retailer in place of Carriers, Amazon and Digital River's ShopBlackBerry. But they really aren't setup to do that yet, and in the US where much of this Enterprise market is... Carrier are still a a big sales supplier. And Carrier do subsidise the corporate phones.
    06-02-16 08:18 AM