This story is true. BlackBerry has lost in Indonesian market. The bright side is that everyone still uses BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 05:31 AM
    People made it sound like the US was an anomaly for BlackBerry. In fact it was the leading indicator. Where high end Apple and Android devices stole market share in the US, low end and some high end devices are stealing the share in other countries.

So they essentially abandoned their established markets for global growth, then lost the global growth quickly when cheap, and more capable Android devices started flooding markets. Hopefully they can once again make the BlackBerry brand not be viewed as negatively as it is now. The new devices should start that as they filter into the corporate world, slowly.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and allengeorge like this.
    11-27-14 07:27 AM
    I am currently in Cambodia on vacation. I have not seen even one indication that BlackBerry exists as a brand.
    11-27-14 07:31 AM
    Let's not bull**** each other: as far as "tools" go, Docs To Go for BlackBerry has less features than the ones for Android.

In this age, a smartphone is defined with its processing power. Not in terms of CPU or GPU, but in what you can do with it. Now what can you do with BlackBerry? I used Asphalt as an example because clearly such an app is impossible on legacy OS.

You say it's my opinion. Well ask casual Indonesians what they think about Path on BlackBerry, or Instagram, or LINE, or other social apps. Indonesians love social apps, that's what drew them to BBM in the first place: it's better than SMS. They have legacy OS and they don't have social apps that "other smartphones" have

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    Stop living in the past and enter into the future, BB10 is solid to the core!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:14 AM
    People made it sound like the US was an anomaly for BlackBerry. In fact it was the leading indicator. Where high end Apple and Android devices stole market share in the US, low end and some high end devices are stealing the share in other countries.

So they essentially abandoned their established markets for global growth, then lost the global growth quickly when cheap, and more capable Android devices started flooding markets. Hopefully they can once again make the BlackBerry brand not be viewed as negatively as it is now. The new devices should start that as they filter into the corporate world, slowly.

Posted via CB10
    Cycle of life in operating system. The Samsung problems is a reality of this cycle. So where do the android fans go now? Bb10 is the new operating system and those who want to live in the past, it's their choice.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:22 AM
    I can't say what the status of BlackBerry is for sure in Indonesia but I was there on vacation in September. I saw mostly samsung devices and a few BlackBerry phones (legacy & bb 10). I travelled in Java (Bandung, Yogyakarta, Malang) and Bali.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-27-14 05:26 PM
    Stop living in the past and enter into the future, BB10 is solid to the core!

Posted via CB10
    You might want to go and check out what Indonesians are doing yourself and see where BlackBerry 10 fit that lifestyle.

Indonesians need social apps, OS be damned. Android's primary advantage are both the cheap Chinese phones and the availability of social apps. The first can be rectified, the latter can't.

Even I would not recommend BlackBerry 10 to casual, social users, and I've stuck with BlackBerry even when given the choice of another Z10 or Nexus 5. BlackBerry 10 has a solid face, but social apps are the make up that makes Android look that much more useful

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    sentimentGX4 and allengeorge like this.
    11-29-14 03:49 AM
    As long as JC is the CEO of BlackBerry, we can trust BlackBerry, whether she is at the lowest position, or at the Peak

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:52 AM
    I am in Indonesia right now. Still a lot of blackberry's but also android devices. Like mentioned before, everybody is still using BBM!

I went to the Blackberry World store a few days ago and guess what.. they don't have a Blackberry Passport device in their shop. WTF is Blackberry doing? Still promoting the new Q10.

Who ever is responsible for marketing in Indonesia should be fired immediately!

Blackberry's Indonesian Troubles-img_20141119_145513_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    11-30-14 07:43 AM
    Hmmm, just a heads up but someone just started a thread noting that BlackBerry's share of the Indonesian market has more than doubled in the last three months. That according to Statcounter.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:51 AM
    Hmmm, just a heads up but someone just started a thread noting that BlackBerry's share of the Indonesian market has more than doubled in the last three months. That according to Statcounter.

Posted via CB10
    Ya I saw that too. It shows that BlackBerry has 13.44% of the market. There are 236,800,00 mobile phones being used in Indonesia. I'm curious how many of those are considered "dumb phones" that wouldn't register any stats for statcounter.
    12-01-14 01:14 AM
    Do you not recall that this source was debunked on CB back in 2013. No validity.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:06 AM
    Could you explain in what way was that source debunked

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:22 AM
    Let's not bull**** each other: as far as "tools" go, Docs To Go for BlackBerry has less features than the ones for Android.

In this age, a smartphone is defined with its processing power. Not in terms of CPU or GPU, but in what you can do with it. Now what can you do with BlackBerry? I used Asphalt as an example because clearly such an app is impossible on legacy OS.

You say it's my opinion. Well ask casual Indonesians what they think about Path on BlackBerry, or Instagram, or LINE, or other social apps. Indonesians love social apps, that's what drew them to BBM in the first place: it's better than SMS. They have legacy OS and they don't have social apps that "other smartphones" have

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    Need for speed worked just fine on my Storm 2 and my 9900
    12-01-14 03:24 PM
    If legacy os is holding them back they have even more reason to switch to BB10. Especially with the Z3 pricing aimed specifically at that market.

Posted with my dirty thirty! Instagram:delilio TwitterelilHemikan
    12-01-14 05:22 PM
    Browser
    Blackberry's Indonesian Troubles-mobilebrowserstatcounter-browser-id-monthly-201311-201411.jpg

Device Vendor

Blackberry's Indonesian Troubles-mobilevendorstatcounter-vendor-id-monthly-201311-201411.jpg

Operating System

Blackberry's Indonesian Troubles-mobileoperatingsystemstatcounter-os-id-monthly-201311-201411.jpg
    12-01-14 06:08 PM
    Statcounter is extremely misleading (to be kind) because it uses its own definition of "marketshare" that has no connection to the way the industry uses the term. Statcounter's stats have nothing to do with actual sales of devices - rather, statcounter records what kind of devices are accessing a relatively small number of websites that it monitors, and all of its stats are based on that usage.

A rise like you see in this chart could easily come from a BB-related thread on a website that caused a bunch of BB users to go to that page to read the article. Suddenly, a tracked website is seeing a lot more BB web traffic, and the chart goes up.

Meanwhile, in the smartphone industry as a whole, "marketshare" is about the sales of devices, and a given company's share of those sales in a given timeframe. Statcounter's stats can't even be said to be indirectly related to those numbers.

Which is why anyone who understands what's going on doesn't take Statcounter seriously, whether the news is "good" or "bad."
    12-01-14 10:58 PM
    Need for speed worked just fine on my Storm 2 and my 9900
    Within it's 8 meg limit, sure.
    12-09-14 05:59 AM
43 12