With this latest news regarding the air force,what does this all mean for BlackBerry honestly??why would the airforce do this? it's just crazy,anyhow there has to be some great news for BlackBerry 10 is there??

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:39 PM
    5000 devices will not make or break BlackBerry. It's certainly not good news that competitors are making such strong headway into areas that were always BlackBerry's core customers. The real thing to look at is when this decision was made. The government is not a fast moving organisation so this was probably decided on months, if not a year ago. Obviously, BlackBerry's fate was much more in doubt then so there is some basis for the decision. Doesn't mean I particularly like it myself, but this just gives John Chen and his team another challenge to work with.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-20-14 03:54 PM
    It means that the American public really, really, really don't like BlackBerry phones - so much so that even the government agencies can't convince staff to use them.
    02-20-14 03:55 PM
    Oh geez they better work harder Mr Chen and his BlackBerry 10 team gooooo BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:59 PM
    It means that the American public really, really, really don't like BlackBerry phones - so much so that even the government agencies can't convince staff to use them.
    Staff in government agencies don't get to choose which phones they use. They are handed a phone by IT and told "here is the phone you will use." If there is a BYOD option, then they are allowed to use whatever they want. If that is the case, the government doesn't buy the phone. The government absolutely made this decision for its on reasons. What staff wants or doesn't want has nothing to do with it. They obviously have their reasons which doesn't include explaining their actions to BlackBerry fans. I'll bet the IT folks in the air force know all the pros and cons, and I'll bet someone who knows more than fans on this site was in on the decision-making. Yea- I'm sure the people in the air force are dictating to their military superiors, what phone they will/wont use. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, rusty502 and app_Developer like this.
    02-20-14 08:32 PM
    Staff in government agencies don't get to choose which phones they use. They are handed a phone by IT and told "here is the phone you will use." If there is a BYOD option, then they are allowed to use whatever they want. If that is the case, the government doesn't buy the phone. The government absolutely made this decision for its on reasons. What staff wants or doesn't want has nothing to do with it. They obviously have their reasons which doesn't include explaining their actions to BlackBerry fans. I'll bet the IT folks in the air force know all the pros and cons, and I'll bet someone who knows more than fans on this site was in on the decision-making. Yea- I'm sure the people in the air force are dictating to their military superiors, what phone they will/wont use. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    When you weigh it all out, its obvious the future of the company was the reason. No sense in supporting a platform that might soon die according to them. That's it. Doesn't make it true but that's why

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 06:03 PM
    With this latest news regarding the air force,what does this all mean for BlackBerry honestly??why would the airforce do this? it's just crazy,anyhow there has to be some great news for BlackBerry 10 is there??

Posted via CB10
    It means that I have less faith in the security of our nuclear weapons due to some bureaucrat making a decision to purchase phones based on popular opinion instead of logic and reasoning.

And yes, the Air Force holds the keys to the missiles. I know this personally.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    02-21-14 06:24 PM
    It means Apple plays the political game (contributions is the term used) better than BlackBerry.
    Ah. See all this time I though BBRY was there because of security advantages. . . you seem to suggest they were there because of political contributions. Interesting.

It means that I have less faith in the security of our nuclear weapons due to some bureaucrat making a decision to purchase phones based on popular opinion instead of logic and reasoning.
    And your basis for concluding that he decision isn't based on logic and reasoning is what exactly?

And yes, the Air Force holds the keys to the missiles. I know this personally.
    Yes, some of the missiles. Anyone that saw "War Games" or knows a missileer (Missile combat crew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) also knows. . . it's not exactly a secret.
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-21-14 06:31 PM
    And your basis for concluding that he decision isn't based on logic and reasoning is what exactly?

Yes, some of the missiles. Anyone that saw "War Games" or knows a missileer (Missile combat crew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) also knows. . . it's not exactly a secret.
    Because it is logical to go with the proven system approved by the DOD.

A lot if young people here probably haven't seen war games and may think that the Air Force only controls the Stargate.

02-21-14 06:38 PM

Posted via CB10

What I meant was that public perception has reached the stage where IT and business managers themselves in America personally don't like BlackBerry and prefer Apple and this is influencing their professional decisions.
    02-21-14 06:39 PM
    I love Stargate.

Anyhow, let's not turn this thread into an ePeen contest. It's Friday and I'm not in a mood to be cleaning up a bunch of posts from folks who can't keep their emotions of a phone, of all things, in check. K, thanks!
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    02-21-14 06:40 PM
    When the USAF,suffers a major security breach and it WILL happen, they will say they didn't know.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 07:37 PM
    When the USAF,suffers a major security breach and it WILL happen, they will say they didn't know.
    They'll say they didn't know regardless of which phones they're using.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-22-14 11:16 AM
    They'll say they didn't know regardless of which phones they're using.
    No they will say they are supporting "American " manufacturing and Technology, which is really Made in China!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:40 AM
    Apple says security flaw could allow hackers to beat iPhone encryption
    Feb. 21st
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0LR01P20140222

Talk about timely.

02-22-14 12:06 PM
    No they will say they are supporting "American " manufacturing and Technology, which is really Made in China!

Posted via CB10
    Well Apple is an American company, so it certainly is American technology. As for manufacturing, it's no secret where Apple's products are manufactured. You're not making any sense.
    02-22-14 01:15 PM
    Well Apple is an American company, so it certainly is American technology. As for manufacturing, it's no secret where Apple's products are manufactured. You're not making any sense.
    Yeah I concur

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:28 PM