Ok, so we all know that a blackberry can do multiple things. Not only can it call and text, but it can send emails, bbm's, instant messages, etc. etc.

However, if you are not using your blackberry and it is simply turned on, are there more signals being used for a blackberry compared to a regular cell phone for each function it has? Suppose you have a basic cell phone that can call and text and has a web browser you never use, is that phone giving off less network signals than a blackberry?

I'm not quite sure how blackberry's work compared to regular cell phones such as how BBMing works compared to texting.

Are blackberry's picking up more signals and network connections compared to standard cell phones?

Does anyone know a lot about them?
    09-11-09 03:39 PM
    There are two networks for BBs: Voice and Data.
    09-11-09 03:42 PM
    Assuming other phones have the same basic functions, email, phone, text and browsing, then all the signals are the same.

The only thing that varies is the frequency of communications which depends on what you are doing at any given time. The only real difference between a BB and any other device is the push abilities for the email, it doesn't have to poll so the communications frequency is probably a little less overall.
    09-11-09 03:42 PM
    I've noticed that my blackberry uses the radio a lot more than my old dumb phone when idling, but thats generally 4 email accounts and an over use of sms
    09-11-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD