Ok so i was watching the news tonight and they had a story about how airlines are now testing a system which will allow the blackberry community to use their blackberrys as "electronic boarding passes" by utilizing a bar code that can then be scanned by the airline security and check in crew.... how neat.... heres a few stories i found about it online after watching it on TV...
    Use Your BlackBerry As A Boarding Pass | RIMarkable
    Use your BlackBerry as a boarding pass | BB Geeks
    10-27-08 10:41 PM
    Good information. That would be very cool if it comes to fruition.
    10-27-08 10:51 PM
    Yea. That's pretty cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 11:08 PM
    Sweet, can't wait to try it, very cool.
    10-28-08 01:36 AM
    Those links were pretty interesting to read. This will be cool when it happens.
    10-28-08 06:09 AM
    thas cool once other airlines catch on
    10-28-08 06:12 AM
    next thing you know we'll be able to pay for cab fares and shopping with out blackberries in store with just a scan.. awesome =]
    10-28-08 06:48 AM
    Blackberrys are the coolest

10-28-08 06:50 AM
    This is already functional on AirCanada international flights (not to the US though!) I've used it a few times now- it rocks!

10-28-08 07:17 AM
    That is pretty cool. No more keeping up with tickets now.
    10-28-08 07:27 AM
    Thanks for the info this will definitely make life a little easier
    10-28-08 07:43 AM
    Actually, it is an available option on any smartphone with newer mobile internet capabilities (i.e.: iPhone). It's awesome for me seeing as I never can find the confirmation I printed out LOL. I think my kids take it so I can never leave...
    10-28-08 10:08 AM
    thanks for the info bro!
    10-28-08 11:14 AM
    That's awesome. I travel all the time and keeping track of boarding passes is a pain!
    10-28-08 11:35 AM
    convenience kills me, the first week I got my debit card I went though 4 years of 15% of my paychecks in 1 month. Now just think if you could (like in an earlier post) be able to pay for things with it. Just another way to put me in debt!
    10-28-08 11:38 AM
    convenience kills me, the first week I got my debit card I went though 4 years of 15% of my paychecks in 1 month. Now just think if you could (like in an earlier post) be able to pay for things with it. Just another way to put me in debt!
    Bell is actually working with Mastercard to make that very thing a reality. In Canada we have PayPass Mastercards (I'm sure you do in the States too) and Bell's doing a pilot with Mastercard to insert chips into their employee's cellphones that hook up to an app on your phone so when you hit the paypass reader- boop! Off your Mastercard it comes. MasterCard Canada Mobile Payments Trial | MasterCard� there's the video demo. It would be awesome!

I'm sure if it works future BB models will come equipped with them...if it can fit in a credit card it can't take up that much space in a phone can it?

I do love the boarding passes though...now if only they could integrate my METROPASS into my damn phone I wouldn't lose it ever! That would be sweet...walk into the subway or onto the bus and *tap*- fare paid/ metropass validated.
    Last edited by Navan; 10-28-08 at 02:46 PM.
    10-28-08 02:40 PM
    The boarding pass is really cool. Air Canada does it. I just wish it could e-mail both the electronic and a paper copy. I, and a lot of business travellers, need to submit the printed boaring pass with their expense reports.

I'd love the convinience of not having to carrry paper while trveling and then just printing it when I get back to the office.
    10-28-08 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD