BlackBerry's attention to detail is its biggest strength but also its biggest weakness. The little things like putting the words above the letters on the keyboard, capitalizing the first letter after a period but changing it to lowercase if you go back and delete the capital letter and changing again to capital if you delete the lowercase letter and so on...., the quick reply in the notification pop-up in 10.2, etc...

BlackBerry has hundreds of examples in BBOS and BlackBerry 10 of little things that the competition doesn't do but makes perfect sense. There is a reason so many people stayed with BlackBerry even though the competition had what is generally accepted as much better hardware and software. BBM was one reason, but not even close to the top reason.

These little details are the main reason for all the delays and the little glitches we see in a lot of BlackBerry software though, which is why I said it is also BlackBerry's biggest weakness. IOS doesn't have a lot of these awesome little features, and any time they add stuff like this, they have little issues. Its why I think the iPhone is so clean and reliable for most people. It is because it doesn't have nearly the same level of detail.

This is all just my opinion. I'm not putting the iPhone down in any way. In fact, I'm saying it is very glitch free and nearly perfectly executed.

Posted via my ? Z10
    10-05-13 11:23 AM
    Interesting! It's like small government vs big government. iOS is apparently the small government, it sets rules, built infrastructure and mostly let private businesses do their thing. BlackBerry is like a big government, the government itself provide lots of services.

I think BlackBerry's SW team is doing a great job for developing BB10 and its main apps such as HUB and blackberry travel. I like my Z10 for that.

If they do survive, I hope they can bring fantastic specs (battery life, ppi, and horse power) to make the experience even more enjoyable.
    10-05-13 11:34 AM
    Kinda ironic that (in your opinion) BlackBerry shows most attention to detail but has no marketing power yet Apple shows not as much attention to detail but is a marketing giant.

Proof that anyone could make the finest product in the world, but they need to spend money to make money.
    10-05-13 11:35 AM
    And the filing system and the way you can label pictures and put them in alphabetical order so you can find them easily. And the way you can edit calendar entries even though they were sen from another source. Etc etc.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    10-05-13 11:36 AM
    BlackBerry's Attention to Detail
    You have to pay attention to all of the details.
    BlackBerry Stuck With $1 Billion in Unsold Phones
    CB posters fixation on Apple is hilarious. Android is killing BB more than Apple. They have the high end and low end.
    BLU Studio 5.5 smartphone carries big screen, $179 off-contract price
    10-05-13 11:41 AM
    You have to pay attention to all of the details.
    BlackBerry Stuck With $1 Billion in Unsold Phones
    CB posters fixation on Apple is hilarious. Android is killing BB more than Apple. They have the high end and low end.
    BLU Studio 5.5 smartphone carries big screen, $179 off-contract price
    Okay....thanks.

Posted via my Z10
    10-05-13 02:12 PM