Agreed... very good point. An iPhone 5 from 2012 still has latest software update and runs perfectly. Try finding an android from 2012 that even turns on let alone has up to date software. Google themselves even abandoned the nexus 4 as it won't be getting marshmallow. If someone would produce an iPhone equivalent with android (build quality, well thought out UI, long term support) that could be a HUGE differentiator.

Even Samsung and Nexus flagships get screwed on software updates within a year or two. Get my drift, BlackBerry?

Though me personally would much prefer a well supported BB10 over Android any day.

 C L A S S I C
    My thoughts, too.

One year, two years, and it's out the door with Android. How's that not a bit of a rubbish OS, literally...?

Glad Ubuntu runs on the Nexus 4... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-16-16 02:30 AM
    Exclusive after party at the Four Seasons - really? Liking unpopular device does not mean you belong to an exclusive club or makes you any stand out from consumers that uses smartphones. Liking a bb just mean that you like a device that most consumers don't care about.
    It's just a metaphor. I'm well aware how my peers (and the younger gen') perceive Blackberry. I pulled my Passport out to time intervals at the gym and one woman said, "Blackberry?! I didn't even know they still made phones!" Of course, everyone says, 'Oh. I used to have one in high school' or something to that nature. So, blame Blackberry for failing to market their smartphones and respond to Apple and Android; failing in a market they essentially created (and dominated for many years, even amidst the iPhone).

Don't get caught up in the prose. I'm not saying Blackberry is the Nirvana of tech devices, just that I really enjoy using my Passport. It's flawed, awkward, lacking apps that are essential to some, but for me, it's a pleasure to use. I enjoy having a physical keyboard as I did on my Nokia E73, which I retired almost two years after the Q10 was released.

I'm not that old, and I'm not a smartphone hipster. I just love my Blackberry. Maybe you wish they were more popular, or had a gimmicky curved screen, or the latest face transposing app. For me Blackberry represents an attitude, and is a cultural icon. I'm okay if they eventually die out. I'll keep using my Passport as long as it will perform the functions I purchased it for.
    Last edited by jmhaines; 05-16-16 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added "the" for clarity
    05-16-16 03:55 PM
    or had a gimmicky curved screen
    The offer that now, its called the Priv.
    05-16-16 07:02 PM
    The offer that now, its called the Priv.
    The only problem. There is an android in it.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    05-17-16 10:36 PM
    The only problem. There is an android in it.
    Lol. I am sorry..but saying the problem is an android in it...is like saying we should all have DeLoreans still. (I would be strangely comfortable with that BTW lol) BB just did something amazing...and brought their iconic hardware design into the future, because they put the most powerful OS in it. In this day and age..you are never going to move forward without apps..and computing power..BB is now making devices with the computing power and OS to handle that power. I loved BB10...but not its lack of support from the very beginning. What is happening now is amazing... IMO. I also realize you are probably making this comment light-heartedly. I am not trying to get a dig in here.
    I am just amazed that BB finally made a move that is bringing them forward (android+hardware outsourcing ) and I am excited about it! BB got left behind a long time ago by Android and Apple OS, and it is incredible they have not only kept afloat, but finally adapted to the point their name is out there again in mobile handset circles.
    08-15-17 01:29 PM
    Lol. I am sorry..but saying the problem is an android in it...is like saying we should all have DeLoreans still. (I would be strangely comfortable with that BTW lol)
    So basically, what you're saying is you'd be perfectly fine with the complete and utter destruction of the spacetime continuum. Can't really say I'm on board with that idea.
    08-15-17 02:13 PM
    So basically, what you're saying is you'd be perfectly fine with the complete and utter destruction of the spacetime continuum. Can't really say I'm on board with that idea.
    Haha, laughed hard. Not good with destruction of it...modification? lol
    08-15-17 02:16 PM
    Haha, laughed hard. Not good with destruction of it...modification? lol
    But that's just it, isn't? If everyone has access to time travel, you'd have so many people making contradictory changes according to conflicting agendas, and then it's Paradox City.
    08-15-17 03:17 PM
    But that's just it, isn't? If everyone has access to time travel, you'd have so many people making contradictory changes according to conflicting agendas, and then it's Paradox City.
    Very true, but with eloquent touches here and there, many more happy stories can happen. Not everyone will be happy(impossible) but many more!
    08-15-17 04:01 PM
    In this day and age..you are never going to move forward without apps..and computing power..BB is now making devices with the computing power and OS to handle that power. I loved BB10...but not its lack of support from the very beginning. What is happening now is amazing... IMO. I also realize you are probably making this comment light-heartedly. I am not trying to get a dig in here.
    I am just amazed that BB finally made a move that is bringing them forward (android+hardware outsourcing ) and I am excited about it! BB got left behind a long time ago by Android and Apple OS, and it is incredible they have not only kept afloat, but finally adapted to the point their name is out there again in mobile handset circles.
    I totally agree. The good news is that people who love the brand and/or the keyboard can buy a relevant phone that actually works properly with everything else in their lives.

All of this happens with minimal risk to BBRY shareholders. I like the arrangement and I hope it works well for TCL.
    08-15-17 04:32 PM
60 123