This one really frustrates me. I see their name here on Crackberry and was recommended on the Keyone forum. So I took a chance seeing that various crackberryer types have used their service successfully.

I went for their service (Order #1584 ) on couple of days ago on tuesday morning to unlock my Bell Keyone (because I'm going on vacation very soon and need it unlocked). Their service for Bell said 1 - 12 hours for the code.

Two days later and several inquiry emails in between an nothing, not even an acknowledgement.

If they can't meet their 1-12 hr timeline, or provide me with an update without me going off the rails here, should they be revising their schedule?

Cheers,
    AW
    Last edited by ajwan; 07-13-17 at 11:03 PM.
    07-13-17 08:40 PM
    Failing to respond to one request hardly makes them scam artists and certainly not "nothing but". That's harsh and excessive.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 08:46 PM
    Failing to respond to one request hardly makes them scam artists and certainly not "nothing but". That's harsh and excessive.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the burden is on them to clear their name. I paid for a service and got nothing, not even an acknowledgment of a delay.
    07-13-17 08:47 PM
    One complaint hardly tarnishes their reputation.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 08:49 PM
    One complaint hardly tarnishes their reputation.

Posted via CB10
    Should I point you to all the other complaints?
    07-13-17 09:00 PM
    Lol if there are so many complaints why did you go to them in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 09:06 PM
    Lol if there are so many complaints why did you go to them in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    Admittedly, that's my fault. I should have avoided them in the first place.
    07-13-17 09:12 PM
    Should probably peep this thread before you go off the rails - https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...nlock-1114634/ They had some issues with emails.

Sorry if you are getting no reply, it seems we are having email issues, we apologize and thanks for pointing it out, the tech is checking it and having the hosting domain email fixed.

We want customers to be happy when ordering for us and always want to turn an issue into something positive if possible,

again, we apologize if your emails aren't getting through.

Please email me at our backup gmail email [email protected] with your IMEI#, model and network and I will have it checked for you and help you asap and send you the code or refund if there is no code available.
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-13-17 10:00 PM
    Moderator, please modify the title to "Blackberrycodesource - Delays".

Thanks
    07-13-17 11:01 PM
    I have used them many times and always had good luck with their service, I have been delayed a time or two, but they always deliver in the end.
    07-14-17 06:34 AM
    yeah, I am also waiting, with delays. but I'm not concerned, have used them many times in the past. they always come around in the end. only place I go to unlock my BlackBerry devices
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-14-17 08:53 AM
    Dear Andrew,

We are sincerely sorry for the delay

We seem to be having email issues and our emails through Shopify (our hosting provider) aren't getting to some Customer nor are we receiving them at our regular address ( @BlackberryCodeSource.com )

We sent this to you through our shopify sites backend but it seems it didn't get through

Crackberry just notified me of your post otherwise I wouldn't have know there was an issue.

We sent this to you through our system on Tuesday night but it seems it didn't get to you

Our main goal is to have Happy Customers and good transactions.

We don't want to rip anyone off and we are very sorry for the missed email.

Please see

Dear customer,

The unlock code for your mobile phone IMEI could not be calculated with the regular tool

Can you please confirm that the imei is correct?
    (Press *#06# on the phone to see the imei)

Also please confirm the network the phone is locked to.

We can help troubleshoot and reprocess with the not found method which gets the unlock code through alternate methods or cancel the order and refund you if you prefer.

If you would like to reprocess it with the NOT FOUND method please reconfirm the IMEI# and network and we can get back to you with the estimated delivery time for reprocessing with the NOT FOUND method.

If we still can't unlock the phone we will refund you in full.

If you can wait for us to reprocess we will provide a 40% Refund as well

Please email us to confirm what you would like to do and we can help.

Best regards,

The Team

This one really frustrates me. I see their name here on Crackberry and was recommended on the Keyone forum. So I took a chance seeing that various crackberryer types have used their service successfully.

I went for their service (Order #1584 ) on couple of days ago on tuesday morning to unlock my Bell Keyone (because I'm going on vacation very soon and need it unlocked). Their service for Bell said 1 - 12 hours for the code.

Two days later and several inquiry emails in between an nothing, not even an acknowledgement.

If they can't meet their 1-12 hr timeline, or provide me with an update without me going off the rails here, should they be revising their schedule?

Cheers,
    AW
    07-14-17 07:33 PM
    Dear ajwan,

THanks for confirming you want it reprocessed again with the not found secondary tool.

It just finished processing and the IMEI# is still coming back as not found by Bell as well as through the factory method

We emailed you about this, but want to make sure you received the email.

95% of IMEI's have a code available, 5% when processed by any unlocker can come back as not found (no code available)

This usually happens if the IMEI# wasn't registered on the network or to some refurbished / repaired or software modded phones.

We will arrange a refund for you as well as can suggest an alternative for you.

You can try with Bell, who can provide the code for $50. But I must mention that once in a while they can't provide the code either (as others on the forums have even confirmed)

in this case you need to unlock it directly by cable in a phone repair shop.

If you need help finding a place to unlock it by cable let me know and we will provide a link.

Also, when a code is not available we always refund as well as can provide you with a credit for a free unlock code next time ( Blackberry, Sony, LG, Moto, HTC, ZTE, or Samsung) just reply to our email with this orders IMEI to redeem it anytime

Thanks,

Sean
    07-14-17 07:38 PM
    Got my code for my classic that was locked to Rogers, now typing on the bell network, thanks again BBCODESOURCE. Until next time, take care. Like I said before, I figured there was a valid reason for the delay and I knew they would get around to helping me asap. Again got my code worked great, will use again! Happy customer here! They have helped me many times and I'm sure they will again if they stay in the business.

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    07-14-17 07:57 PM
    Dear ajwan,

THanks for confirming you want it reprocessed again with the not found secondary tool.

It just finished processing and the IMEI# is still coming back as not found by Bell as well as through the factory method

We emailed you about this, but want to make sure you received the email.

95% of IMEI's have a code available, 5% when processed by any unlocker can come back as not found (no code available)

This usually happens if the IMEI# wasn't registered on the network or to some refurbished / repaired or software modded phones.

We will arrange a refund for you as well as can suggest an alternative for you.

You can try with Bell, who can provide the code for $50. But I must mention that once in a while they can't provide the code either (as others on the forums have even confirmed)

in this case you need to unlock it directly by cable in a phone repair shop.

If you need help finding a place to unlock it by cable let me know and we will provide a link.

Also, when a code is not available we always refund as well as can provide you with a credit for a free unlock code next time ( Blackberry, Sony, LG, Moto, HTC, ZTE, or Samsung) just reply to our email with this orders IMEI to redeem it anytime

Thanks,

Sean
    Just sent you a reply to your Gmail address:

"Yes the IMEI is as I mentioned in yesterday night's email.*

The only thing I can think of is that my Keyone is using a different Bell SIM (work SIM) than what was used when my phone was first activated (my personal SIM, also Bell). Didn't think this would have mattered.*

So right now, my phone is active on the Bell network, just using my work Sim (bell) instead of my personal Sim (also bell). Let me know if there's a problem."

Oh yeah, my phone is brand new.

Thanks.
    07-14-17 08:01 PM

The only thing I can think of is that my Keyone is using a different Bell SIM (work SIM) than what was used when my phone was first activated (my personal SIM, also Bell). Didn't think this would have mattered.*

So right now, my phone is active on the Bell network, just using my work Sim (bell) instead of my personal Sim (also bell). Let me know if there's a problem."

Thanks.
    I think sometimes with bell phones they aren't able to unlock them for a certain time after they were first purchased, as for the Sim. Doesn't matter, doesn't changed the phones IMEI therefore the code will be the same. Phone might be too new to be registered, may have to get bell to unlock it.

07-14-17 08:51 PM

Thanks.
    Did you buy the phone outright or on a contract? Bell sometimes won't let phones become unlocked if there is still a device balance owing.

07-14-17 08:52 PM
    Did you buy the phone outright or on a contract? Bell sometimes won't let phones become unlocked if there is still a device balance owing.

Bought it outright. Thanks.
    07-14-17 09:12 PM
    They are using gmail when they should be using office outlook365.
    Free email will always suck.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    07-15-17 06:54 PM
    They are using gmail when they should be using office outlook365.
    Free email will always suck.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    I don't think Gmail was the issue, I think it was their personal email server with the @BlackberryCodeSource.com addresses I run my business using a free Gmail account and have yet experienced email troubles in 10+years I even had my personal account now since the beta years and it works great too. My business receives hundreds of emails daily under this address. So I disagree, free email doesn't always suck. And Gmail wasn't the email they were even having trouble with. So maybe read before posting next time.

07-16-17 12:18 AM
    BlackBerry code source are a pretty awesome bunch. They actually offered me a free unlock when the KEYone was released here in Canada. Unfortunately I never got the opportunity to use that unlock code as I had to return the device to Rogers but I just put another order in with them on the new device due to my many past experiences with them.

They are reputable company. As Bla1ze mentioned..they were having some email issues last week. I would recommend them to anyone!!!
    07-16-17 12:30 AM
    BlackBerry code source are a pretty awesome bunch.

They are reputable company. As Bla1ze mentioned..they were having some email issues last week. I would recommend them to anyone!!!
    This^ I have used these guys to unlock multiple BlackBerry devices now and have always had great experiences

Carjackd likes this.
    07-16-17 01:12 AM
    I have tried other companies to unlock my phones, and I have had times when it was not successful and the wait was long. Yet with Unlock Source Code they said 1-12 hours (which for me was not a concern... I like to plan ahead), they communicated with me well in advance and delivered ahead of time. All in all it was a simple, quick and enjoyable experience. I completely trust them.
    07-17-17 03:02 AM
    I keep getting my emails bounced back from them. I have an order that they said the IMEI was not found. I have tried everything to give them the info that they asked for but can not get through.
    HELP!!!!
    10-29-17 10:21 AM