I would like to know, why and which blackberry10 will stop to support whatsapp app. I'm using blackberry10, with ios vision 10.3, will stop to support whatsap untill jun?
    03-03-17 02:49 AM
    All BlackBerry 10 devices
    03-03-17 02:52 AM
    All BlackBerry 10 devices
    That narrows it down.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-03-17 05:13 AM
    You'll be able to use for at least another year the Android version (.apk), though.
    03-03-17 05:30 AM
    It's the operating system that is losing support not the device itself. So any device running BlackBerry 10 will lose compatibility

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    03-03-17 07:22 AM
    I would like to know, why and which blackberry10 will stop to support whatsapp app. I'm using blackberry10, with ios vision 10.3, will stop to support whatsap untill jun?
    As others have said... it's all.

Why... because it cost WhatsApp money to support the users of fringe OS like Windows and BB10. And because they are trying to better secure their product and cut out many of the older Apps and API. Which is why some aren't sure if the Apps of WhatsApp will work or not.

The thing is no one know IF they do what they said they were going to do, or if they will delay again.
    03-03-17 07:30 AM
    You'll be able to use for at least another year the Android version (.apk), though.
    How do you know. Whatsapp will be rolling out a new backend in June. Seems like new clients will be needed for supporting the new system.
    03-03-17 03:30 PM
    There are still tens of millions of devices running Android 4.3 or less and my guess is that WhatsApp will still work on this version for another year or so, but no one really knows (except WA) for sure. Lots of android devices are still in use that CANNOT be updated to a newer OS version. But even that reality does not guarantee the runtime in BB10 will not be flagged or blacklisted by WA in some way. Time will tell.
    03-03-17 06:06 PM
    Daah, I always visit whatsap website, they days "we should communicate with the phone company so that they can give us another vision (ios) for upgrade and that will support the new upcoming whatsap vision", so my self I think blackberry will own this and release the upgrade for the blackberry10,
    03-03-17 10:25 PM
    so my self I think blackberry will own this and release the upgrade for the blackberry10,
    That won't happen. Stop hoping it will.
    03-03-17 11:29 PM
    How do you know. Whatsapp will be rolling out a new backend in June. Seems like new clients will be needed for supporting the new system.
    Because they will still be supporting Android devices on Android 4.3

Via the Cobalt Classic
    03-03-17 11:56 PM
    Yes, but keep in mind that Android 4.3 is still supported (WhatsApp just dropped support for Android 2.2 and below, not even 2.3!), so you'd just end up with an "old" version, which should work at least until 2018 (unless new issues come up on the emulator side). Theoretically speaking, Android 4.3 should reasonably be supported for at least three more years, in my opinion. The Runtime isn't that trustworthy anymore but, again, you should be safe for a couple years.
    03-04-17 03:27 AM
    There are still tens of millions of devices running Android 4.3 or less and my guess is that WhatsApp will still work on this version for another year or so, but no one really knows (except WA) for sure. Lots of android devices are still in use that CANNOT be updated to a newer OS version. But even that reality does not guarantee the runtime in BB10 will not be flagged or blacklisted by WA in some way. Time will tell.
    You can't wait for people on five year old phones. I don't think this will hold WhatsApp back. At some point you need to move forward to take advantage of the features in later OS updates.
    03-04-17 12:34 PM
    Alladem!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 01:35 PM
    You can't wait for people on five year old phones. I don't think this will hold WhatsApp back. At some point you need to move forward to take advantage of the features in later OS updates.
    ........which is why I said another year or so. Eventually those 4.3's are not going to cut it, but if I HAD to place a bet, I would give them at least 1 more year to be functional. Maybe not all the bells and whistles, but functional. There are just too many of those devices still in use IMHO for a full stop, say in 4-6 months.
    03-04-17 01:39 PM