01-28-13 10:38 PM
274 ... 91011
tools
    mundo472 was kind enough to toss me one of his guest passes. . .so I'll be there cheering on the winners!!! Thanks and congrats again!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    01-24-13 12:54 PM
    Seems like someone new just received a DM for the NYC contest: it's in the other thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...34/index2.html

Wonder if that means there are still more to be notified? And what of the Toronto Contest? I noticed @BlackBerry started following a few new people as of a few hours ago...
    01-24-13 04:57 PM
    Yeah looks like two new people were followed today. Both of them are going to the NYC event. Hope we hear some of more TO winners soon!

Either way, still gives me a little hope I may be able to attend . If I don't win anyone here want a guest to bring to the Toronto event?
    01-24-13 05:06 PM
    So are all the winners from the TO event been contacted? Anyone have a clue?
    01-24-13 08:33 PM
    Looks like they just started following two accounts that entered from the same guy. Should be disqualified...
    01-25-13 01:17 PM
    Looks like they just started following two accounts that entered from the same guy. Should be disqualified...
    He appears to have entered NYC, maybe they're finishing up with those entries before Toronto? And it's curious that they followed two accounts with the same name... ?

Haha keeping my hope alive until I'm sure it's over.
    01-25-13 01:25 PM
    My thoughts exactly Playbook, one of the entries should be disqualified. How can they not notice it is the same person?
    01-25-13 01:26 PM
    @parkinfly how did you know he entered the NY contest? And if they are still finalizing those winners I still have a little hope left.
    01-25-13 01:29 PM
    Good news for those wanting to go to the TO event! About TELUS - The BlackBerry Experience Fan Event Theres a contest being run by Telus to go!
    01-25-13 01:31 PM
    @parkinfly how did you know he entered the NY contest? And if they are still finalizing those winners I still have a little hope left.
    Just click on his profile and read the tweets. He only entered NYC on both accounts. I was thinking he should be disqualified completely for using two accounts to enter the contest. Unfair advantage...
    nomi1978 likes this.
    01-25-13 01:32 PM
    for those of you attending Toronto and New York by winning......

are you invited to the full event? i.e. launch, presentations, drinks etc.

I have won tickets to the London event, and have been told the invite only extends to the after party.

I'm certainly not being ungrateful as I can't wait to go and get involved and pick up my device.... but being the geek that I am, I would have got a buzz out of the media launch.

what's the deal at the other venues?
    JamieWynJones likes this.
    01-25-13 01:38 PM
    Good news for those wanting to go to the TO event! About TELUS - The BlackBerry Experience Fan Event Theres a contest being run by Telus to go!
    Thanks for the heads up on this!
    01-25-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even think about that. I had a twitter account that I created a year ago but never used it until this contest. So still getting used to using twitter.
    01-25-13 01:41 PM
    Just the after party. You may also be interested in the experience of one of the "elites" who was saying the after party is waaaay better for these things.
    01-25-13 01:50 PM
    Just the after party. You may also be interested in the experience of one of the "elites" who was saying the after party is waaaay better for these things.
    I'd be extremely happy to take part in any part of this party. Still holding out hope to hear from @BlackBerry
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 01-25-13 at 04:14 PM.
    01-25-13 03:47 PM
    I'd be extremely happy to take part in any part of this party. Still holding out hope to hear from @BlackBerry
    like I said, I'm not being ungrateful.... I really can't wait!! I will have to find somewhere to hear / see Thorstens launch before I can get in on the action.

I think the UK Blackberry rep was pleased I raised this, as our emails indicated different start times.
    JamieWynJones likes this.
    01-25-13 05:52 PM
    YES!! I'm in for NYC!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    01-25-13 05:58 PM
    like I said, I'm not being ungrateful.... I really can't wait!! I will have to find somewhere to hear / see Thorstens launch before I can get in on the action.

I think the UK Blackberry rep was pleased I raised this, as our emails indicated different start times.
    I don't think anyone here that won is ungrateful in any way. I know we're all huge BlackBerry, and CrackBerry fans around here! I hope everyone who has won the chance to attend enjoys themselves immensely. Also, if anyone needs a guest for Toronto, I'd be very grateful to fill that spot, perhaps negotiate something for a ticket.

YES!! I'm in for NYC!
    Congratulations! Did you just find out now? What time was the DM sent?
    01-25-13 06:18 PM
    I got the DM Wednesday.
    PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    01-25-13 11:40 PM
    Thank you! I actually won for a different tweet: @BlackBerry I'll Match @NICKIMINAJ Cuz We'll Both Have A Sick Flow! #BlackBerry10NYC
    01-27-13 09:22 AM
    any other winners for London fan event??? If so, see you there!!!
    TrickyCase and JamieWynJones like this.
    01-27-13 11:51 AM
    I've won tickets to the London Event! Shall see everyone there
    01-27-13 05:23 PM
    I thought the competition was stronger on the TO event (more entries too if you can believe that!!!). A few that stood out to me for creativity (funny, rhymes, whatever) were:
    @DanaRosenwasser - I'll Finally Have a Phone That Matches My QNX Bentley !
    @FreddyEnriquez - Balance: the MULLET of mobile; business and party united!
    @it_Dave - excited for ability to publicly use gestures without offending anyone
    @allancayenne - Swipe to peek, flick to type, BB10's worth the hype!
    Plenty more good ones, but there were 100's of terrible entries (as far as "creativity/relevance/over all impression" are concerned).
    Thanks for liking my tweet! My Mullett one was one of my personal favourites. I did end up winning for the NYC event (not sure what tweet one it for me) but not the TO one, like you said more competition on that one. So, I'm busing from TO to NYC Wednesday. Excited!!
    01-28-13 02:56 PM
    Just under half an hour left for #BlackBerry10TO to close. Might as well wait it out till the bitter end.

To all of you who won, I hope you guys have a great time and enjoy hanging out with all the other BlackBerry/CrackBerry people you meet! Congrats!
    01-28-13 10:38 PM
274 ... 91011