I did reply and their just saying OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE but that is not what the rules stated
    01-22-13 10:10 AM
    Im really mad right now because i read in the contest rules it said that you must be age of majority to be eligible (18 In Ny)[To be eligible you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States including the District of Columbia; and have reached the age of majority in your province/territory/state of residence.] and your winners must be 21+[Winner's guests ("Guest") must be at least 21 years of age and must be accompanied at Event by Winner.] but now the email states we all must be age 21+,can i have some kind of clarification please? because the NY state law states the age of majority is 18,so that's the reason i entered.
    They're pretty good with keeping people happy. That being said though, the party is probably open bar and its a law in TO (Ontario) that you have to be 19 to drink so if you're 18........I hope they can work out something with you dude. Otherwise if you're 19 or 20, i dont see it being an issue? It's not like we are gambling (which then would require you to be 21).
    01-22-13 10:10 AM
    No im a winnner in the NY contest, and the age of majority and legal age of drinking is different,
    01-22-13 10:21 AM
    No im a winnner in the NY contest, and the age of majority and legal age of drinking is different,
    My mistake. Sorry. Those rules look like they're from the TO contest that's why. Hope it works out regardless.
    01-22-13 10:34 AM
    That's probably something you should be asking when you reply to RIM.
    Exactly what I just said!
    01-22-13 10:39 AM
    Exactly what I just said!
    Yeah i did reply and ask but it seems that their not getting what im saying,because their stating "As noted in my initial email to you, you have to be of legal drinking age (age of majority), which is 21 in the State of NY.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions."
    ...But the rules originally said to be eligible you must be at age of majority (18 in NY), and there is a difference between the legal drinking age and age of majority
    01-22-13 10:48 AM
    Yeah i did reply and ask but it seems that their not getting what im saying,because their stating "As noted in my initial email to you, you have to be of legal drinking age (age of majority), which is 21 in the State of NY.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions."
    ...But the rules originally said to be eligible you must be at age of majority (18 in NY), and there is a difference between the legal drinking age and age of majority
    Yes.. In the U.S., majority is 18 across the board. Drinking age is 21 across the board. That's weird that this happened though. They have to be able to do something? I wonder if you tell them that you have no intention to drink, because you don't...if that will make a difference. I really want this to work out for you.
    01-22-13 10:54 AM
    I just emailed them stating i have no intentions of drinking, hopefully this makes a difference
    01-22-13 11:05 AM
    I hope it does. I just got finished looking at the venue for the event. I'm hyped.
    01-22-13 11:25 AM
    it probably wont make a difference i heard a few people not being able to go to the fan event last year for that reason. & it is the place this is being held at if its strictly 21+ to get into. nothing they can really do about that... :-S
    01-22-13 12:32 PM
    any word on what carrier the BB10 device will be?? i sent an email asking with no reply yet.
    01-22-13 12:39 PM
    Just got my e-mail for the Toronto event : )
    01-22-13 12:47 PM
    Just got my e-mail for the Toronto event : )
    What time did you get your DM yesterday? I'm still waiting for my email and super anxious! lol
    01-22-13 12:50 PM
    What time did you get your DM yesterday? I'm still waiting for my email and super anxious! lol
    I got it around 7pm-ish last night? Approx 18 hours ago according to my tweet deck lol
    01-22-13 01:01 PM
    Thanks! If my guest doesn't fill out the affadavit today, you're more thaan welcome to be my guest if you want! We have to look out for each other around here when possible!
    Each of your guests donesn't have to fill out the attached waiver i'm pretty sure. The email states 'Please know that you and your guests will not be added to the guest list until YOU have signed and returned the attached wavier and the three of your have completed the online registration'

So we all have to register through the link, but I'm pretty sure only the winner has to sign and return the wavier.

EDIT: re-read waiver, it's specific to the winner

EDIT EDIT: Was just confirm by Sara as well via email
    Last edited by adrianlischer; 01-22-13 at 01:28 PM.
    01-22-13 01:07 PM
    I got it around 7pm-ish last night? Approx 18 hours ago according to my tweet deck lol
    Just got my email too! Can't wait for next Wednesday!!! BB10!
    01-22-13 01:08 PM
    it probably wont make a difference i heard a few people not being able to go to the fan event last year for that reason. & it is the place this is being held at if its strictly 21+ to get into. nothing they can really do about that... :-S
    But what im saying is its not my mistake it was theirs, they should have stated their rules better,if i knew was 21 i wouldnt have entered the contest
    01-22-13 01:10 PM
    I am hoping I still have a shot to win the TO contest, I should have entered both as well. I really didn't expect them to reach out to the Toronto folks until Thurs/Fri of this week. Once again congrats to all the winners. You are going to have a very envious bunch here.

Do share your experience after the launch party and tell us how the atmosphere was.
    01-22-13 01:12 PM
    Damn I'm jealous lol
    01-22-13 01:17 PM
    I guess I can stop holding my breath for TO. Congrats to you. Time to go and crawl under a rock.
    just_luc and parkinfly like this.
    01-22-13 01:22 PM
    I got my email for the Toronto event as well. Can't wait for the 30th!
    just_luc and Novaone like this.
    01-22-13 01:33 PM
    I got my email for the Toronto event as well. Can't wait for the 30th!
    Congrats!

So... soooo jealous lol
    01-22-13 01:42 PM
    im still waiting on an email about my query on the age to attend or if they can work something out for me, maybe i just attend to collect my prize or just have someone go in my place, if you got a reply @3:28 she should be replying to mine soon,if not i guess they decided to cancel my winning sighs oh well..looks like ill have to buy one

EDIT:Got a reply,said they are looking into the matter for me and will upate me by 5pmEST, WISH ME LUCK GUYS! I NEEEEED IT! *FINGERS CROSSED*
    01-22-13 01:42 PM
    im still waiting on an email about my query on the age to attend or if they can work something out for me, maybe i just attend to collect my prize or just have someone go in my place, if you got a reply @3:28 she should be replying to mine soon,if not i guess they decided to cancel my winning sighs oh well..looks like ill have to buy one
    I'd offer to go for you in a heartbeat if it was for Toronto, but I can't make it down to NYC lol
    01-22-13 01:45 PM
    Good luck SirJes, hopefully they can work something out for you!
    just_luc, nomi1978 and SirJes like this.
    01-22-13 01:53 PM
274 ... 56789 ...