I wonder if they will pick anyone else when/if people dont reply, or dont accept due to travel, or will those spots just not be filled.
    I'm pretty sure they'll pick others when that happens.
    01-21-13 08:54 PM
    Has anyone who got the DM got the email yet though?
    Nope.... not yet.
    01-21-13 08:59 PM
    I got the DM too!!!!! Given the time im expecting the email tomorrow I can't even believe it wow sooooo excited
    jesse_h and craiggger like this.
    01-21-13 09:02 PM
    Got the DM too (for the Toronto launch)! But im trying to not be TOO excited because in the past for BB7, my friend received a DM from blackberry for his email but they ended up just offering him a pair of tickets to the launch party in TO. Fingers crossed its for the device!!!!
    jesse_h, craiggger and dietertong like this.
    01-21-13 09:13 PM
    Got the DM too (for the Toronto launch)! But im trying to not be TOO excited because in the past for BB7, my friend received a DM from blackberry for his email but they ended up just offering him a pair of tickets to the launch party in TO. Fingers crossed its for the device!!!!
    Fingers crossed its for the device as well!
    01-21-13 09:16 PM
    Has anyone who got the DM got the email yet though?
    No email here yet either.
    01-21-13 09:22 PM
    Congratulations guys. Nice to see so many people from the forums making it!!
    Holding thumbs that they let u know today for the South African one
    jesse_h and PlaybookFanatic like this.
    01-21-13 09:27 PM
    *Posted this in the other thread just going to repeat it*

If this set up is much like last years bbm ugly sweater contest - they dm you for your email address then in the email it'll ask for ur guests name and email address then go over the details of where and when. You have to print something out and fax it. Like a signing waiver or something... every winner gets a BB device (their guests do not) there was Open Bar & free appitizers and a dj. and you have to stay for the whole event they give the winners the phone at the end. You'll get a special wrist band

*Assuming this event is like last years*

The phone is also carrier specific to the sponsor... Last year it was an AT&T Bold 9900 because AT&T spnsored the event

So if its carrier specific again for this contest and they will inform you in the emails there is no switching or requesting for ur carrier...

I had tmo (with at&t now) had to unlock the phone to use it
    01-21-13 10:35 PM

If this set up is much like last years bbm ugly sweater contest - they dm you for your email address then in the email it'll ask for ur guests name and email address then go over the details of where and when. You have to print something out and fax it. Like a signing waiver or something... every winner gets a BB device (their guests do not) there was Open Bar & free appitizers and a dj. and you have to stay for the whole event they give the winners the phone at the end. You'll get a special wrist band

The phone is also carrier specific to the sponsor... Last year it was an AT&T Bold 9900 because AT&T spnsored the event

So if its carrier specific again for this contest and they will inform you in the emails there is no switching or requesting for ur carrier...

Opps never mind!
    01-21-13 10:55 PM

That's how they did it for the Playbook event. Although you didn't have to stay, you could leave whenever.

I would hope not, because that would be a bad look. That probably hurt a lot of winners.

You don't have to activate it there, right? So couldn't you just trade with someone on the forum?
    01-21-13 11:39 PM
    No email here yet either.
    As long as I'm not alone!
    01-21-13 11:39 PM
    Nope.... not yet.
    I'm anxious, waiting. I just sat and rearranged my New York trip...from this weekend...so I could be in New York closer to the date.
    01-21-13 11:42 PM
    I think it's done in France. I took a look at @BlackberryFra followers, I picked the last one followed, took a look at his tweets and I saw that he's discussing his invitation with another person that was picked as well. It was 15 h ago (so I suppose they notified everywhere at the same time, it should be day-time in NY, I guess).
    I suppose everybody was notified at once or at least a part was notified already. Nothing for me.
    Voil�.

P.S. Edit, found 3 more users asking BBFRa if they recieved their adress via DM. So seems like it's really done.
    01-22-13 05:01 AM
    Oh, I took a look at the winner entries...there's only one person who was a bit original (not that much though - like every entry is a separate reason), the others are nothing special REALLY. Something everybody would write like "I want to be there because I can't wait" or "because I can't sleep anymore" or "because I want to say I've been there".
    I've seen that you were comparing the entries, I don't think now it was important, seems like they had another critearia (I can't even say they took only the popluar users, cause one has only 20 followers).
    01-22-13 05:13 AM
    I think London entrants are hearing, UK_BlackBerry has followed 11 people since last night (guessing one is unrelated) and 3 of them have tweeted recently about getting DM. Looked through their entries. Some good, some meh. Ah well, looks like I'll be buying my Z10
    01-22-13 06:29 AM
    I think London entrants are hearing, UK_BlackBerry has followed 11 people since last night (guessing one is unrelated) and 3 of them have tweeted recently about getting DM. Looked through their entries. Some good, some meh. Ah well, looks like I'll be buying my Z10
    I got DM just before 12 for London event asking for email address

I hope you liked my entries... though I'm not sure which has been selected

it appears to be following same procedure as mentioned above.

not sure about receiving a device AFTER a free bar I will need to be sensible... I've already lost one BlackBerry due to drink
    01-22-13 06:45 AM
    I got DM just before 12 for London event asking for email address

I hope you liked my entries... though I'm not sure which has been selected

it appears to be following same procedure as mentioned above.

not sure about receiving a device AFTER a free bar I will need to be sensible... I've already lost one BlackBerry due to drink
    I didn't see yours as I think UK_BB was already following you? But I've just looked at yours and really like them, espc. the small step, giant leap one
    01-22-13 06:59 AM
    thanks

they were already following me... I'm probably on the verge of being considered a stalker

cannot wait to hear the full details now ... excited much !
    01-22-13 07:08 AM
    Happy for all of the winners and totally bummed for myself.I entered ten different times and put what I thought was some clever stuff... I live and work in Manhattan and was so looking forward to going/winning.

Have a great time winners!
    01-22-13 08:22 AM
    Blackberry_Za has not followed any one new, yet
    Looks like I will have to keep waiting
    01-22-13 09:02 AM
    I got a DM yesterday for the TO event, but no email yet. Hopefully it comes soon so I can pick a guest and plan my trip.
    01-22-13 09:18 AM
    Happy for all of the winners and totally bummed for myself.I entered ten different times and put what I thought was some clever stuff... I live and work in Manhattan and was so looking forward to going/winning.

Have a great time winners!
    Thanks! If my guest doesn't fill out the affadavit today, you're more thaan welcome to be my guest if you want! We have to look out for each other around here when possible!
    01-22-13 09:55 AM
    Im really mad right now because i read in the contest rules it said that you must be age of majority to be eligible (18 In Ny)[To be eligible you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States including the District of Columbia; and have reached the age of majority in your province/territory/state of residence.] and your winners must be 21+[Winner's guests ("Guest") must be at least 21 years of age and must be accompanied at Event by Winner.] but now the email states we all must be age 21+,can i have some kind of clarification please? because the NY state law states the age of majority is 18,so that's the reason i entered.
    01-22-13 09:56 AM
    Instead of sitting here and being pissed about. Email Sara back. If you point out what's stated in the rules, I'm sure they will work with you. Take a step back before being upset. And you can drink at 18 there?! America sucks...
    01-22-13 10:01 AM
    Im really mad right now because i read in the contest rules it said that you must be age of majority to be eligible (18 In Ny)[To be eligible you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States including the District of Columbia; and have reached the age of majority in your province/territory/state of residence.] and your winners must be 21+[Winner's guests ("Guest") must be at least 21 years of age and must be accompanied at Event by Winner.] but now the email states we all must be age 21+,can i have some kind of clarification please? because the NY state law states the age of majority is 18,so that's the reason i entered.
    That's probably something you should be asking when you reply to RIM.
    01-22-13 10:02 AM
274 ... 45678 ...