Man after reading some of these entries, mine sucked.. They were relevant but I like the few mentioned here. They were very original
    01-20-13 01:29 PM
    Im thinking we'll start hearing winners being notified tomorrow for NY we have until Wed the 23rd and going off last yrs contest most were notified on the last day...
    01-20-13 01:58 PM
    Hey guys I had a quick question. I joined twitter just to enter this contest. I have to be following @BlackBerry to get a DM if I winn right?
    01-20-13 10:38 PM
    Hey guys I had a quick question. I joined twitter just to enter this contest. I have to be following @BlackBerry to get a DM if I winn right?
    Correct.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 10:43 PM
    I don't recall much of stats but I think it's fair to say we NYC folks who had ten or more entries (I think if you go over they just use the first ten you've submitted. . .I think. . .) have a pretty good shot! I just hope you guys who entered both NYC and TO only win TO. . .LOL. . .good luck to all!
    01-21-13 01:25 AM
    I don't recall much of stats but I think it's fair to say we NYC folks who had ten or more entries (I think if you go over they just use the first ten you've submitted. . .I think. . .) have a pretty good shot! I just hope you guys who entered both NYC and TO only win TO. . .LOL. . .good luck to all!
    And I'm hoping that the guys that entered both just win the NY event. Odds of winning seem better for NY. I think Toronto had more entries because it was the last city to get the contest and more people became aware of it.
    01-21-13 06:02 AM
    UK_BlackBerry is still tweeting that people will hear the outcome of the contest soon. I'm a bit miffed that North Americans could enter both TO and NYC but Europeans couldn't enter London and Paris even though they're closer. Suppose there might be a language barrier but not for me... Ah well, I'll cope
    01-21-13 06:33 AM
    Here's a big hint for you, if @blackberry all of a sudden starts to follow you on twitter then you can assume almost 100% that you've won. That's how I knew when I won the playbookTO contest, and they're still following me, so i won't get that extra hint of a follow to know if I've won this contest.
    01-21-13 08:23 AM
    Here's a big hint for you, if @blackberry all of a sudden starts to follow you on twitter then you can assume almost 100% that you've won. That's how I knew when I won the playbookTO contest, and they're still following me, so i won't get that extra hint of a follow to know if I've won this contest.
    And when did @BB start to follow you prior to the announce? An hour before, 4 hours, a day?
    P.S. No BB following me (

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 08:44 AM
    And when did @BB start to follow you prior to the announce? An hour before, 4 hours, a day?
    P.S. No BB following me (

They followed me on the day when they said they would contact the winners (that's very confusing how I wrote it, sorry), i got a DM a few hours after they followed. They have a long range of days in this contest to announce/contact the winners, so who knows how they'll do it. But if you've entered it and they follow you, then you've won.
    01-21-13 10:28 AM
    I wonder if the winners will get a special edition BB10 device..

prize pack worth 1000$.. maybe it will have a case, dock ect...
    01-21-13 11:18 AM

It won't be special edition. It's just a normal consumer device.
    01-21-13 11:27 AM
    They followed me on the day when they said they would contact the winners (that's very confusing how I wrote it, sorry), i got a DM a few hours after they followed. They have a long range of days in this contest to announce/contact the winners, so who knows how they'll do it. But if you've entered it and they follow you, then you've won.
    Not YET, huh well, I'd like to win it, I must admit

01-21-13 11:27 AM

In French rules it is a phone and a case.

01-21-13 11:28 AM

Same for UK. I feel we've got the sore end of the deal Not that I can complain about a free phone if I win
    01-21-13 11:44 AM
    South African rules also said phone and case.
    Well Monday is (almost) over and done on our side and still now word. @Blackberry_ZA had a late afternoon tweet, in reply to someone, stating it will be announced soon
    01-21-13 11:48 AM
    South African rules also said phone and case.
    Well Monday is (almost) over and done on our side and still now word. @Blackberry_ZA had a late afternoon tweet, in reply to someone, stating it will be announced soon
    BlackBerry has tweeted a few people regarding their "BlackBerry 10" tweets, asking to use them @ launch. Not sure if these are contest related though...

@BlackBerry: @YouthArabia*Hi! We loved one of your #BlackBerry10 tweets & hope to feature it in launch day activities.DM me ur email pls ^MM

@BlackBerry: @albiemorkel Can u DM me ur email. We loved one of your #BlackBerry10 tweets & would like to feature it in our launch day activities.Thx ^MM

@BlackBerry: @CelestialXVI We loved one of your #BlackBerry10 tweets & would like to feature it in our launch day activities. DM me ur email* 4 info ^MM
    These 3 accounts seem to be located in SA

01-21-13 11:59 AM
    BlackBerry has tweeted a few people regarding their "BlackBerry 10" tweets, asking to use them @ launch. Not sure if these are contest related though...

These 3 accounts seem to be located in SA

@albiemorkel and @CelestialXVI are local Celebrities, so would really suck if they won. I'm starting to think i have way to much hope riding on this
    01-21-13 12:09 PM
    @albiemorkel and @CelestialXVI are local Celebrities, so would really suck if they won. I'm starting to think i have way to much hope riding on this
    Hmmmm... scroll through their tweets & see what they "said" about BlackBerry10? Then you'll know if they were contest entries, which i highly doubt... especially if you say they are local celebs...

RIM would likely just give them a phone for free if they are celebs, & like BBerry10

01-21-13 12:12 PM
    Hmmmm... scroll through their tweets & see what they "said" about BlackBerry10? Then you'll know if they were contest entries, which i highly doubt... especially if you say they are local celebs...

RIM would likely just give them a phone for free if they are celebs, & like BBerry10

True. They seem tho have mentioned #Blackberry10 a couple of times, over the past few weeks. Any news on your side of the pond?
    01-21-13 12:19 PM
    I'm really getting anxious to find out the results of these contests. Like most of you in NA I entered both the TO and NYC events and felt my TO entries were a lot better. I liked some of the tweets posted up earlier in this thread, which are probably better than mine. I wasn't sure what direction to take with the tweets. It asks for a story, and many people seemed to have written advertisements instead of stories, and like you guys said there's a whole lot of repetition in there. I'm hoping at least one of my entries was original enough.

Mind taking a look at my tweets BrizzardMan and letting me know what you think? You seem to be paying the most attention to this contest, at least in this thread. As I said pretty sure my TO entries are better than the NYC ones, let me know what you think. I'm twitter handle is @mtourign

Thanks!
    01-21-13 12:35 PM
    I'm really getting anxious to find out the results of these contests. Like most of you in NA I entered both the TO and NYC events and felt my TO entries were a lot better. I liked some of the tweets posted up earlier in this thread, which are probably better than mine. I wasn't sure what direction to take with the tweets. It asks for a story, and many people seemed to have written advertisements instead of stories, and like you guys said there's a whole lot of repetition in there. I'm hoping at least one of my entries was original enough.

Mind taking a look at my tweets BrizzardMan and letting me know what you think? You seem to be paying the most attention to this contest, at least in this thread. As I said pretty sure my TO entries are better than the NYC ones, let me know what you think. I'm twitter handle is @mtourign

Thanks!
    Your comparison of stories vs. advertisements is worth noting... I wondered that when creating my "stories" too. They ended up sounding like advertisements of the features - though I suppose... that truly is why I'm excited. Sooo who knows how they'll decide in the end.

I didn't choose any of your NYC entries (I really did skim fast though), but you do have some good ones in there - I like the crack @ CBKevin's hair

Your TO entry "Canadian innovation, Swedish design, German leadership. A global effort realized" is really good!

PlayBookUserMT likes this.
    01-21-13 01:40 PM
    Winning this would make my day Year!. . .so that's 1635 total NYC entries (the total 2000 minus the retweets. . . ) with 10 of those entries being mine so that's a 10 out of 1635 chance of winning one entry by chance alone?. . .(this is where my willingness to do math stops. . .lol. . .how to account for 30 separate possible winners. . .something about multiplying instead of adding . . .permutations and other math words. . .lol)
    01-21-13 03:19 PM
    I like the one about the mullet.

Business in the front, party in the rear!
    01-21-13 03:46 PM
    Can't do direct math on this since its judged, and not just a statistical draw. So your creativity would be a factor, and you would have to look at the number of entries per individual, for NYC it was 953 unique twitter handles entered. 29 people maxed out their entries+ 23 going over 10 entries (assuming those people don't overlap). We have only 52 unique people who used all their entries. In total there were just over 2000 entries

52*10 = 520 entries from maxed out people. So the other people who entered used about 1480 entries. Then, 1480/(953-52) = 1.64 entries per account. Looks like most people made one entry, and some people made several. So we can probably assume almost all of those people made just a single entry. Odds are looking pretty good for anyone who made 10 entries.

Moving on, I would bet at least 10% of those people don't even live in an eligible area. so 0.9*1480 = 1332. Then most of the ones who entered just repeated each other over and over again from what I read at least. Lets say 60% of those entries were repeated jargon. 0.4*1332 = 533. So now we're looking at about 500ish decent, unique entries.

My guess is you would have about a 1 in 50, to a 1 in 100 chance of winning this if you were even remotely creative and unique in your entries. Seems pretty decent. (Yeah math is basic and ignores a lot of factors and was performed using a lot of assumptions, but still...)
    01-21-13 03:51 PM
274 12345 ...