Mines @djenkins6, I entered NY and TO.

I thought they said only one entry allowed per event.
    bldshd likes this.
    01-19-13 01:37 PM
    Between waiting to see what entries won the "What would you do for a BlackBerry 10 Phone" contest and the Twitter contests and for the BB10 Launch.... it's just too much waiting! baahhhh
    01-19-13 02:27 PM
    Ah - I eliminated yours based on length! It was over 10 words...
    Is that because I posted a picture with it? I had to make sure they see the shirt!
    01-19-13 03:41 PM
    What of mine. . . (@ Afrozepher) I have ten entries for NYC. . . I counted the "#BlackBerry10NYC" as a word in most of mine. . .lol
    01-19-13 04:38 PM
    I actually captured & exported all of the entries to Excel I even picked what I thought were the top 50 or so! Tell me your Twitter handle and I'll tell you if you ranked in MY list of potential winners. No Z10 or party for that though, lol.
    My twitter is @msbrittz I only entered for #BlackBerry10NYC

I havnt looked at other entries...

Fingers crossed I'd love to go to this event
    01-20-13 12:51 AM
    Mines @djenkins6, I entered NY and TO.

I thought they said only one entry allowed per event.
    In the official rules for the contest is says:

There is a limit of ten (10) Entries per person and per Twitter account throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-20-13 12:54 AM
    ^^^ Exactly... so one could have had 10 entries for TO & NYC!

There weren't many people that maxed out their entries either, which was surprising.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 08:13 AM
    Reading those entries....mine sucked, lol!
    01-20-13 08:20 AM
    Still not a peep on Twitter (or any BB forums) from anyone, which is surprising. I'm thinking maybe DM's may not have gone out yet... so maybe Monday we'll hear some noise!

01-20-13 09:11 AM
    I am hoping... I am waiting to turn in my vacation request form and to purchase airline tickets
    01-20-13 09:22 AM
    I am hoping... I am waiting to turn in my vacation request form and to purchase airline tickets
    I am in the same scenario. I'd need to fly in from Calgary... so it certainly wouldn't be a free device at the end of the travel costs, but I'm ready to pick up and leave!
    01-20-13 10:34 AM
    ^^^ Exactly... so one could have had 10 entries for TO & NYC!

There weren't many people that maxed out their entries either, which was surprising.

I think most didn't read the T+Cs properly/at all so didn't know they could make 10 entries. I knew but ran out of inspiration after 6...
    01-20-13 10:35 AM
    I am in the same scenario. I'd need to fly in from Calgary... so it certainly wouldn't be a free device at the end of the travel costs, but I'm ready to pick up and leave!
    I have frequent flyer miles to burn so trip is going to cost me almost zilch... going to fly out and probably fly out the next day.,...it wouldn't be the first time I stayed up 24-48 hours straight
    01-20-13 10:38 AM
    Still not a peep on Twitter (or any BB forums) from anyone, which is surprising. I'm thinking maybe DM's may not have gone out yet... so maybe Monday we'll hear some noise!

Hope springs eternal...Celebration may be relegated to taking a day off on release day and going to sit in your favorite local. /
    01-20-13 11:22 AM
    No word on the South African winners either. I think a lot of the people here did not read the rules/terms. Saw one guy with 23 tweets, just on the one day.
    I'm holding thumbs that i'm one of the lucky ones, but there are only 3 winners and I saw 1000's of entries and I only checked for the last 2 days.
    01-20-13 11:42 AM
    What of mine. . . (@ Afrozepher) I have ten entries for NYC. . . I counted the "#BlackBerry10NYC" as a word in most of mine. . .lol
    You included the hashtag into your story, so I'm sure they are fine! I didn't pick yours out of the 1000's of NYC entries , but hey... I'm just some loser out there on the Internet, what matters is who RIM picks
    01-20-13 12:03 PM
    You included the hashtag into your story, so I'm sure they are fine! I didn't pick yours out of the 1000's of NYC entries , but hey... I'm just some loser out there on the Internet, what matters is who RIM picks
    LOL. . .quite right. . .would have been nice though. . .lol
    01-20-13 12:21 PM
    While we wait for the results, I thought it was interesting to note some Statistics on the TO & NYC entries! (Sorry - didn't archive tweets for London, Dubai, Paris, or Johannesburg!)

NYC:
    - Just over 2000 tweets including the #BlackBerry10NYC hashtag.
    - 365 of those were Re-Tweets.
    - 29 people maxed out their chances with 10 entries total.
    - 23 people went over the 10 entry limit.
    - Only 953 unique Twitter accounts used the hashtag.

TO:
    - Just over 5300 tweets including the #BlackBerry10TO hashtag.
    - 689 of those were Re-Tweets.
    - 72 people maxed out their chances with 10 entries total.
    - 39 people went over the 10 entry limit.
    - Only 2356 unique Twitter accounts used the hashtag.
    - Also interesting on the TO contest: Out of the ~5300 tweets, 1006 were TOO-EARLY! Most BB news sites announced the contest 1 day prior, and people put in entries before Jan 15 when it actually started, meaning they are void.
    Significantly more interest for the TO contest... also means worse odds to win.

Is this a reflection of how much USA has turned their back on BlackBerry?
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 01-20-13 at 12:59 PM.
    anon(3310921) and ad19 like this.
    01-20-13 12:23 PM
    My twitter is @msbrittz I only entered for #BlackBerry10NYC

I havnt looked at other entries...

Fingers crossed I'd love to go to this event
    I didn't pick out your entries from the bunch But as I said to Afro... what the **** do *I* know? :P If you use the same avatar on Twitter, I'd invite you to a BlackBerry party in a heart-beat! (don't tell my wife, LOL!)

EDIT: I like how CB censors a word and makes it seem like I was saying the F word, when it was only H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks! :P
    01-20-13 12:28 PM
    Sorry if it is a stupid question, but how are you able to pull theses stats?
    Would love to know what the stats were for Johannesburg !
    01-20-13 12:32 PM
    Just read some of the entries to NYC, TO and LDN . I like to think mine were all pretty original , but notice the relevance is way of compared to most entries
    01-20-13 12:36 PM
    Sorry if it is a stupid question, but how are you able to pull theses stats?
    Would love to know what the stats were for Johannesburg !
    I used "The Archivist" software which captures Tweets based on whatever search criteria you specify. So in this case, I just searched for any tweets including the contest # Hashtags. Twitter only keeps tweets 'public' for so long, and only allows you to search 1500 tweets deep at a time ... so you need to use software like this in order to get a true sense of what is going on... and keep it running for the duration of the contest period.
    01-20-13 12:43 PM
    I used "The Archivist" software which captures Tweets based on whatever search criteria you specify. So in this case, I just searched for any tweets including the contest # Hashtags. Twitter only keeps tweets 'public' for so long, and only allows you to search 1500 tweets deep at a time ... so you need to use software like this in order to get a true sense of what is going on... and keep it running for the duration of the contest period.
    A bit late for me to check then, but thank you. For now I will just have to wait and see. Good luck to all the guys on here that entered
    01-20-13 01:00 PM
    A bit late for me to check then, but thank you. For now I will just have to wait and see. Good luck to all the guys on here that entered
    I noticed the odds for the Johannesburg contest were a lot less, just based on the amount of prizes (only 3, compared to 30 for TO & NYC). Hopefully you stand out & win!!
    01-20-13 01:10 PM
    I entered 1 in the NYC contest, and 10 for the TO contest, and i waited till the contest started for the TO one. I wasn't sure if the hashtag was supposed to be considered a word or not, so i didn't consider it one. The rules didn't really specify about the hashtag. Anyways, i hope I win, i thought my entries were pretty good.

My twitter name is @jessehernick
    01-20-13 01:13 PM
274 1234 ...